Wednesday, January 20, 2016

WOYWW 346 & Embossing Folder Technique

Hebrews 11:1  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."


Good Afternoon!   Since I skipped last week, I thought I would try to get to the Blog Hop party this week. That is what I call our What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday.  You can read about it on Julia's Stamping Ground, if you don't know what it is.

                First, I want to share with you a new Embossing Folder Technique that I am pretty excited about.  Maybe you already know it, but I didn't until this week.  I kept seeing these cards and could't figure out  how they made it look 3-d.  So, I finally took time to read instructions shared by a fellow stamper on Splitcoast Stamper.   1. I inked up the Woodland Embossing Folder from Su! with Soft sky ink.  I put it on with a brayer. The important thing you need to know is you ink up the inside on the side that has the Sizzix on it. (inside the top)    2. I stamped my Lovely as a Tree trees on the same side I brayered.  3. I inserted  cardstock and rolled it through the Big Shot.  It is like magic!  The green trees are behind the trees on your folder.  So cool!  To make the rest of the card, I mounted it on a Mossy Green panel, then on a Soft Sky base.  I stamped the Verve Bible verse on Whisper White, and punched out with a label punch.  I punched a green label and split it and put it under the verse panel.  I stamped the fox and water colored him and  fussy cut him and mounted him; the same with the bird.  This card is for an encouragement card for a dear friend.  It also worked for the following challenges:

Divine Bible Verse Challenge, Stamp 2 Spend Challenge, January Fan Club Forrest Friends Central Theme and Word Theme Challenges,  USEIT2016 Challenge  ( all challenges on Splitcoast Stampers)






This is what my desk looks like right now.  I haven't put things away from making my card.  And I found these hearts and decided to lay them out in case I might want to use them in the next few weeks.  And on top of my marker/pad/refill storage is a orphan stamp.  Don't know what it belongs to, but left it there.  Sooner or later it will become apparent where it belongs.


  I better publish this as it is already late afternoon on Wednesday!  Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to visit you, too.


12 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Happy Crafting

    From one Sharon to another lol

    Sharon K
    #52

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! I love the depth and interest that the technique you used gave the whole scene. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did come across this one in the gallery and I thought and thought about what you wrote and I think its one of those things you have to learn by doing... ( so, I am going to try it soon) :) because, this looks very cool indeed Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card looks gorgeous, I love how your pens are with their respective inkpads, very ingenius
    Bridget #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic technique, I've inked folders before but hadn't thought of stamping to create a background scene - I'm going to have to try that one very soon!
    Jane #40

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, lovely to see you this week, you did a good job with the embossing folder, I only have the stencil similar to the folder.
    Hope your orphan stamp has found its family! I've just been searching for a stencil, found it tucked in my smash book
    Jan X. No 44

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Inking the embossing folder is something I keep forgetting to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I don't completely understand it, but I'll have to check it all out and see how you did this. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! Now I want to try this! Enabler! LOL Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH I love the embossed tree that really pop off the card. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card. I love this embossed background and the trees that are set inside them. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popping by to say hello. Hope we'll see you this week. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.