Monday, July 1, 2024

My June 2024 Post

Philippians 1:3 "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,"



 Maybe I can post once a month.  Do you think?  Hello everyone, I am back....  I am anxious to see what everyone is doing. It is a hot Summer already here, in the 90s and even 100s F.  I have been out to Panera with friends this morning, so didn't walk early and now it is too hot.  Maybe tomorrow.  I have been trying to be out the door by 6:30 and home by 8:00 to beat the heat.  Usually, 75 already then.  I thought I would do a post to my blog, but not a planner, and not sure what you might be interested in.

Here is a page I did over the weekend:


I think I have mentioned before that I like to take photos of dogs I see on the trail.  This was also for a Becky Fleck sketch on ACOT, A Cherry on Top.

I spilled my full cup of tea, so don't have that in here now.  What a mess that was!  I spilled it on my current journal:

Below is the result:  On left you are seeing bleed through of digital I printed on other side of my chart:


Below is front of other and is the digital that bled through.


I don't know about you, but I kind of like the result! LOL Maybe I have created a new technique!

Spilled tea probably doesn't qualify for my ticket to the tea party (TSFT) at Altered Book Lover hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth.

So, here is a photo of one of times we went out to eat recently:  I think it was at Cracker Barrel.  We always choose the fried apples as one of our sides and count it as dessert.  Mine came with two pieces of Grilled chicken tenderloins, so brought one home and next night we split it and made a meal out of it for two.  And there is our water with lemon. 


Happy T Day everyone, and Happy July!

Thanks for stopping by.  I really will try to post more often.  I can't wait to stop by and see what you all have been up to.  Me, I am just staying in because it is 96 degrees F and feels like 104!  I have a fan blowing on me and it feels pretty good.  Bye for now.



6 comments:

Mae Travels said...

The watery effect of the spilled tea does look as if you could use it to get rather interesting artistic results intentionally, as well as by mistake. Water colorists often paint on wet paper to get that effect (I think, I’m no expert).
Have a good July… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

I like the effect of your spilled tea. Yes, maybe you have "invented" a new technique! It seems to be hot in many places this week - this is going to be a very hot week for us as well, and of course that's when we're having our 4th of July block party in the street! Thankfully there are lots of trees in our street. Happy 4th and happy T Day! - Carola

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That was a lovely scrapbook page. I know how much you like to take photos of dogs, so this was fun to see.

Sorry to read you spilled your tea. If you had a laser printer, that would not have bled. Trust me, I know. It DID make a couple of nice pages, though.

It's now 102 F (at 5 pm). I am SO ready for autumn. Thanks for sharing your scrapbook page and journal, as well as your meal and water for T this week. Have a cool one, dear Sharon.

My name is Erika. said...

It's good to see you back for T Sharon. I'm with you, I like the bleed through too. It makes a nice effect. And cute pups. That's a great page too. It sounds like to her than the heat life has been good for you. I hope you have s a super July and T day too. hugs-Erika

Lisca said...

Welcome back Sharon,
I know it was an accident but it looks rather good. I bet you can actually make a feature of it.
I like your scrapbook page. Gosh I haven't done any scrapbooking for ages! My craft room doubles up as a guest room which will be occupied this whole month but perhaps in August, when it is too hot to do anything, I might do some scrapbooking.
Your meal looks very nice. And it is an advantage that you could take half of it home.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute pupper page. I don't think the spilled tea ruined anything. I love the Cracker Barrel apples and I have a copycat recipe so I can make them at home. Happy T Day