Monday, April 29, 2024

Getting Ready for NSD

Philippians 1:3 "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,"


 For those that don't know May 4th is National Scrapbooking Day, celebrated every year the first Saturday in May.  This year you notice it is also on Star Wars Day: "May the 4th be with you."  I celebrate National Scrapbooking Day, though while our grandchildren may celebrate the other.  I have been preparing by putting away all my junk journal supplies, and cleaning my desk, so I can now be in scrap mode instead of junk mode.

Below is the finished Julie, Dear Julie April Challenge journal.  It is actually two journals.  The topper or cover to the journal is a stacked journal with a tie.  


And here is my desk after putting all the "junk" away.




I am ready to begin scrapbooking!  Oh, and there is my tea for my ticket to Bleubeard & Elizabeth's T Stands for Tuesday party over at Altered Book Lover.  Get yourself a beverage and come join us.


I can't leave without showing you some cards I made for my Challenge Your Stash Challenge this month at SplitcoastStampers.  My challenge was to use ignored DSP for one or more cards.  I love to follow Crafty Al's Sheetload of Cards sketches, because you get more than one card, and all different.  This sketch was a revisit of August 2020, and she just made it for 3 cards.  This is how mine turned out.


This designer paper series was actually a 6x6 collection, "Memories & More", Flowers for Every Season from Stampin' Up.  I used three sheets of 6x6 and cut according to the directions, then put it together, and each card turns out different.  I used also used a Stampin' Up die and stamp for the sentiments.  This paper has been in my stash for years!  Our motto for our challenge is "hoarders no more".  The object of the challenge is to use up your stash.  BTW that was why I started junk journaling, to use up stash and scraps, but it seems, I am just making more scraps and stash!  What about you?  If you are a paper crafter, how do you cope with your growing collection of products, paper and miscellaneous items?  Do you purge, regularly, or does it just keep growing?  I watched a Craft Organization Summit recently on dealing with all our "stuff".  It did inspire me or re-organize, somewhat.  At least I found some treasures, I forgot I had!



Thanks for stopping by.  Please let me know you were here.  I love reading your comments. See you next time!

7 comments:

  1. Your Saturday plan sounds like a lot of fun. You commented about my blog post today about chocolate — the sequel will be published as part of my month-end kitchen wrapup on the 30th.
    Have a great week.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be working on layouts on NSD and I will be heading to Herb Day at the Extension Office. I love those cards. I love how you never make the same card twice.

    I am so impressed with your desk. You have everything within easy reach. Not so here. It's a good thing I stand to make art. I can move around my table to get whatever I need.

    To answer your question, it seems my stash keeps growing, even though I have purged a great deal this past month. Thanks for sharing your cards, the junk journal, and the tea you shared with us for T this week, dear friend.

    Got a Failed to Publish. I'll keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will rather celebrate scrapbooking! Though I like the word-game with the 4th :-)
    Wow on your desk - you would laugh about mine....
    Now.. I could take a pic... here in Braunschweig (Germany) I found such a pic holder in the street. It is on my board!
    To your question...I went small, 4.5*3 inches.
    Cute cards, happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy your desk is so clean Sharon. Grin. I would hate to show you mine which is a disaster zone. Have fun on the 4th. It's always fun to see your art, and I loved seeing your desk too. Have a super T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of your organized desk. I would be embarrassed to show you mine. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, dear Sharon,
    “May the 4th be with you” is funny! I hope you had a great National Scrapbooking Day! Your work looks stunning - and I'm thrilled at how beautifully tidy your desk is... (I can't do something like that... tidy tables make me uncreative ;-))
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/05/rostrosen-alltag-nach-der-reise.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Look at that clean, organized desk!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.