Monday, July 18, 2022

T Stands for Bird attack!

  " Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance."  Psalms 33:12 KJV


Good evening!  It is currently Monday evening, and I am writing my post for T Stands for Tuesday hosted by Bleubeard & Elizabeth over at Altered book Lover. I do it early because it is already Tuesday for many of our bloggers.  Last week we celebrated 9 years that our wonderful hostess, Elizabeth  has been hostessing. We celebrated by having two swaps, ATC and napkins.  In the next weeks I will show my ATC cards, when my swap person gets hers.  Also, when napkins have all come and been sent out again, I will show these.  


Here is my ticket to the T party, then I will tell you about the bird attack. LOL

This is one of my tea pot cards I have made in the past.  I used Tea dies, and the little one is a teapot punch. 

About the bird attack.... After coming out of my doctor's this morning, I thought I would go across the street and walk around this peaceful pond that I had noticed other times I was there.  As I started out, I suddenly was hit in the head so hard, it was hard to stay in an upright position.  My first thought was a basketball hitting me or something like that.  I looked up to see a large bird flying away, turn around and come back at me again!  I had to duck.  He was coming on purpose.  I had to duck twice!  It looked like a large white owl.  I can't imagine why.  Anyway, I decided not to walk and went back to my car and left.  I don't know if I am imagining it or not, but I seem to have a headache.  I was so stunned I didn't take any photos.

Have a wonderful T-day to all the T-gang!

Thanks for stopping by~ Stay cool!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon-wow how scary I am thinking the owl must have had a nest nearby perhaps with little ones in the nest too.
    I love the card you made Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird probably had a nest nearby and wanted to protect its young ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being attacked by an owl would be fascinating if only it weren't so frightening. They fly very silently and it's really eerie. I recently had a goose fly at me like that, but they have very noisy wings.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice tea card. Glad you survived the bird attack, I'd be channeling Hitchcocks "The Birds" if that happened to me. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, Sharon. You didn't mention it at all today when we talked. Instead you let me drone on about my woes. I am SO sorry to read about the owl attack. You were certainly lucky to get out of there with minimal damage. The owl has long talons which could have gouged your skin and head. You lucked out, dear.

    That's a lovely card. I like that die cut. I would use it a lot if I had it. At least you can tell what it is (grin), unlike my abstract. Thanks for sharing your card and your owl attack with us for T this Tuesday. And thanks for helping me improve my spirits for T this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with true words!
    Huh, scary, reckon you disturbed a young bird-family... Birds should learn to make signs, how are we supposed to know! Kidding - have a nice T-Day, hope you are better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no about the bird attack. I bet there were babies or eggs. When I went to Iceland back in 2016 my friend I traveled with go attack by a tern when she got too close to the nest. I hope you were OK. And nice T day card Sharon. I love the quote and that pretty textured paper. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon, this is a very lovely card and a great way to celebrate Elizabeth's 9 years. Wow! You disturbed that bird for sure. That was a mean attack. I agree you must have been very close to her nest. Hope your head is better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a priceless set of Tea dies Sharon! And a lovely card you made with it! I don't know what a large bird that would be. But i'm sure it could have given you a headache.. As others have said it was probably protecting its nest.. Happy Tea Day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I've never heard of an owl attacking like that. I'd've thought their nest would be too high for them to consider a person on foot to be a threat, but maybe it was protecting a fledgling on the ground? That's a story I'd be re-telling for _years_.

    The pond sounds like a lovely place to walk... maybe in another couple of weeks...

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card Sharon, the bird attack is weird isn't it, maybe like others said, it had a nest nearby. That it would actually hit your head is scary, too Alfred Hitchcock for me! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! How horrible! (Straight out of Hitchcock) As Erika says, there must have been a nest with eggs or babes nearby. Poor you, what a shock.
    Your card is so pretty. Perfect for T-Day.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs.
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the texture on the card and the cute little teabag! Attacked by a bird? Wow! Sounds like a very protective mama bird! So glad you are okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is adorable for Tea Day.
    What an unusual and awful experience with that owl. We have birds that are constantly running into our windows repeatedly because they think they are fighting another bird when it is really their own reflection. I can't imagine why that owl did that!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tea card is lovely. The teapot reminds me of Wedgewood. The bird attack must have been frightening. As others said there must have been a nest close by. I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card Sharon! What a dreadful experience with the owl - having a headache from it must have been a real wack! I suppose at least it didn't draw blood . Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.