Monday, June 6, 2022

TSFT & Retreat

Happy TSFT!  I know it is only Monday, but I post Monday evening because it is already Tuesday over the pond.  First, I will post stash that I brought home from my Junk Journal Retreat a couple of weeks ago.  We all took junk and swapped! I have to say I should have taken a lot more, because I brought home a lot more than I took.  I met a junk journaler from UK who was over here for her daughter's graduation.  I met several others.  We were all meeting for the first time.  So fun!  Here are photos of things that will use in future junk journals or projects.

The hostess made & bought some of these for each of us!

Do you recognize this?  It is player piano music!

Lots of goodies!

And more goodies!



I didn't have a lot of stuff that junk journals call for, but I do, now!  No excuse to not junk journal! LOL We had a lot of fun.  I just stayed for the day, but the rest of them were there for the week!  Our hostess was wonderful, generous, and also the best cook!  Of course, I didn't remember to take photos of the food or drinks while there.

So, below are photos looking both ways on the trail, and me drinking my water, which is my ticket to T Stands for Tuesday.  This is a party held over at Altered Book Lover hosted by Bleubeard & Elizabeth.  











I used Sage Shadow & white cardstock.  The image is Inkadinkado.  I blended Oxide inks through a oval cut out, and then stamped the image with Archival Jet Black ink by Ranger. The Bible verse is a Verve/

This is a card I made today for about 4 challenges on SplitcoastStampers: Virtual Stamp Night Mini to feature a hummingbird, Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge, Featured Stamper Challenge to feature FayeMakesCards and Creating, Challenge Your Stash.

I wanted to say that I tried Elizabeth's method for taking apart the napkins, and it works!  Thank you Elizabeth for the great tip.  Wishing everyone a great week!  Thank you for stopping by.

19 comments:

  1. Your photos of the big empty sidewalk are very neat. Junk swaps are a great idea, but I only want to give, not add to any of my various stashes. In fact, I don't do crafts, but still have stashes of stuff.

    best mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your retreat sounds like it was a lot of fun Sharon. And got some great junk fodder. And your walking trail is so flat and straight. It must be great to walk. Enjoy your week and your walks. And maybe next week we'll see some junk journal pages. Happy T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really fun time- no wonder you didn't think to take photos:). I used to love doing swaps around collage fodder, vintage papers, etc. but have an overabundance now that I'm continually trying to use to this day-lol.
    That's a lovely card you made, and i love hummingbirds so. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post. The junk journal swap is brilliant. Right now I need to give loads away, as I have much too much. Happ T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in AWE of all that junk. I am a lover of vintage, yet I don't seem to have any. What caught my eye was the McCall's pattern. I am in LOVE with that. I even know what I would do with it. I have some of that player piano music, but to date I haven't figured how to use it. I hope you will, so it will inspire me.

    Your card is lovely. I think it is simply stunning.

    Nice to see the path. I didn't realize how straight it is. Nice to see your selfie with your water, too. Thanks for sharing your retreat goodies, your card, and your walk with your water with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh a junk journal retreat sounds like so much fun and I can imagine all the wonderful stuff available there. Looks like you brought home a lot of goodies, some things are hard to find here. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am jealous! I would love to go to a junk journal retreat! Your papers and scraps and junk journal fodder all look super fun! Love your card too - going to SCS to comment on it right now. Happy T-day! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a wonderful time, all those journal supplies look so amazing 😀. I enjoyed walking with you too, such fun! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounded like a great meet! And you got lots of inspirations (and materials) to do some more junk journaling. What fun. I keep stuff like that because people I 'meet' on Postcrossing, often ask for ephemera from other countries. So I keep labels and tickets etc.
    The card you made is lovely.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have much junk these days. When we downsized I got rid of a ton of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A junk swap! YES!! That sounds so great!! New junk to play with!! Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. You brought some great stuff from the junk swap - what a neat idea to have a swap like that. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have lots of musical art supplies. glad you had time on the retreat. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would say that Junk is my middle name and I call it Treasure for short. I can still hear my friends asking, "Can I throw this away now?" My answer always, set it aside on that pile and I'll decide later...LOL...still deciding. Looks like you had a great time and came out a winner! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun to go on the retreat and be with like minded artists. Lots of goodies for your stash., too. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! The greenery on that trail really is filling in!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fabulous treats! Junk journaling with these will be such fun! Love the trail in both directions! Beautiful card. Belated Happy T Day Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. These photos are beautiful and it seems like you had a great time x
    Laila
    www.lailanblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sure looks like you had a fabulous time at the retreat and came away with lots of goodies that will be perfect for your junk journal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.