Monday, May 2, 2022

T Stands for Celebrations & Second on the 2nd

 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7 KJV


Good afternoon on the 2nd and almost TSFT.  I am scheduling the next two weeks blog posts, because I will be away from my computer, so we will see how that works!  

We will do the Second on the 2nd first.  I will show you a post for the second time and on the second.  Something fun that Elizabeth hosts over at Altered Book Lover.  It is always fun to see a post from the past! :)

So in case you missed it here is a post I did on the Magical Masking Tape Technique from June 2013.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Magical Masking Tape Technique

I have found another great technique!  All you need are ink pads and masking tape.  On this card I used SU! inks:  More Mustard, Crushed Curry and So Saffron. You tear off strips of masking tape and ink them up on the pad, and then put the tape on the card, and then lift off. It is a  wonderful color effect for a background!  I did that with three strips. You could do a background on the whole card doing this. Here is a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. On this card I used SU! Thoughts and Prayers stamp set.  I also colored directly on the stamp with markers before stamping it, so I could do the leaves with Old Olive and the trunk with Chocolate Chip, also SU! I hope you try this technique, so easy!   Have a great week-end!



And now to show some celebrations I attended this week which also includes my ticket to TSFT, also over at Altered Book Lover and also hosted by Elizabeth & (Bleubeard).  I don't want to forget Bleubeard!

I attended a few celebrations this week.  One was to surprise a friend for her 65th!  I loved the purple decorations!



I didn't realize this was so blurry. Sorry, but wanted to show the purple and the flowers.





Another was to celebrate a precious couple's 60th wedding anniversary!

I saved two napkins for crafting! LOL

We drank water rather than the lemonade.

The cake was delicious.  I had white, and hubby had the strawberry.

And this is after all a craft blog so I will share the card I made for this 60th anniversary.



Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week!













18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and fun post. I love the purple decorations and the gold and white one for the 60th anniversary. Love the card you made, too. Happy T Day, have a great break, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun while you are away from your computer. Did you suffer from the tornado on Friday? I hope not. It was a lot closer to you than me.

    Do you need glossy cardstock to create that tape technique? It would work great for journal pages, too. I like the subtle, yet lovely results. Yes, I checked out the tutorial. Thanks for sharing this really clever and informative technique with us for your second look on the 2nd, dear.

    You had a very, very busy week. Lots of parties. Sounds like you and your husband both had fun. Glad you saved those napkins, too.

    Actually, the lemonade sounds good, but I know you like water. I just fret when I see all that plastic sitting on a table (grin). Thanks for sharing your cards (both) and your drinks with us for T this week, dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, you have been busy-both celebrations were decorated beautifully and I loved the card you made too. enjoy your time off hugs Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look like great celebrations, cake and all! I would drink the lemonade, myself.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know this masking tape technique - this sounds like fun and so easy. I will definitely try that. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see your technique for a second view. And wow, how fun to have 2 parties. Being married for 60 years is quite an accomplishment. I hope your next weeks away are a nice get away.Happy T day and have a safe journey wherever/ whatever you are up to. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun and festive celebrations! That's a lovely sympathy card. Love that you saved the napkins- I try and do the same if I really like them:) Enjoy your time away from the PC and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful celebrations! 60 years, wow, that is impressive and all is decorated so beautifully.
    Have a good computer-break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 60th! What a joy :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card and I love that ink pad technique, it makes for the perfect background 😀. Wow, so many celebrations, it looks like you had a wonderful time at both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow lots of parties!!! Love the purple and the flowers too! Thank you for the new technique.. always collecting techniques! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool ink pad technique. Your cards are awesome and the celebrations look so fun. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great celebrations! Your card is lovely.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your masking tape card technique. Wow 60 year anniversary is quite something isn't it, all the decorations for your friend's birthday look great too - I love purple in all its hues. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh wonderful art. That party is just beautifully decorated. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, looks like you had an amazing time. Love your card. I also love that technique. I have made a few cards with that same stamp set too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the masking tape technique! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.