Monday, August 17, 2020

T Stands For Another New Technique!

"Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day." Ps. 71:8


 Hello to all!  I am in my craft room playing and discovering another new technique  It all started with a challenge this morning on SplitcoastStampers to do a Carved Wood Background. I watched a Gina K tutorial.  For step one: We were supposed to run cardstock through our die cut machine with a stencil.  Hers made a lovely impression on her cardstock.  I couldn't find the right "sandwich" to make the stencil make an impression.  So, I reverted to running my cardstock through with a snowflake embossing folder, and got the same results she got.  For step two: we were to score  lines every half inch.  I scored the lines on the side so they were raised on the same side as the snowflakes were.   Step three: We swiped ink over the panel; I used two inks on the side I used.  You could use either side.  I used the side that was indented rather than raised.  I show you both sides that I did.



Above is raised side, but I turned over and used the other side.  For one thing, I decided to use a darker color, Soft Suede.




On the above I swiped with the Soft Suede ink pad and then the Faded Jeans Distress ink pad.  Doesn't it look like carved wood?



Above, shows the Score Pal I used and the Snowflake embossing folder



I finished the card by stamping a tree and sentiment from SU! Snow Much Fun set, backing all panels with Midnight Muse before mounting on a white base.  Instead of inking up the stamp, I colored the tree and birdie with markers, then used my Misti to stamp a couple of times.  I added little red stickers for ornaments.


What do you think of this technique?  I really liked it.  I took this  photo of the card by my glass for my drink related post for Elizabeth over at T Stands For Tuesday at Altered Book Lover. We invite you on over to check the others drink related posts.  It is for our T Party every Tuesday!


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful T Day!





 
 

17 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing! always fun to try new things and techniques
    Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fun technique - I have also tried it with the small metal(brass) embossing plates that were used originally for embossing paste (raised) techniques. It does require one to play with the thickness of papers, and plate layers for sure. Love how yours turned out- and I do love the card design!! However, I cannot think about that season yet...:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique. I love the distressed wood look to this background. It looks fabulous on your wintry card.

    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cool effect! Love the holiday card Sharon. It certainly has some nice details and texture. Have a great T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. It appears now why I have been unable to emboss using embossing folders on the Big Shot. No one ever explained "sandwiches" to me, so I guess I should have done some research while I had it in my possession. I love your page using that new technique and your completed card is gorgeous, too. My friend Kathy has one of those Score pals and I used it once while I was making art at her place (she lives in Hutchinson). It sure saves time and makes great scoring lines, too.

    Thanks for sharing this technique, your beautiful C card, and your water with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work but.... why not fruits, sun and all?
    I´m a true hater of winter ;-)
    I like Christmas-time, though, all the lights in the city (will we have a Christmas-Market his year?), they make it less bad.
    So... a happy ... HOT T-day to you, hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made the background, gorgeous card. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! It makes a great background for that card :)

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card! I love how you scored the lines too ~ great technique ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting technique. The side you chose to finish is stunning! It made a beautiful Christmas card.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I just love this background! Your technique turned out beautifully. It does look like a panel of wood. Wonderful texture. Your finished card with the little red stickers is adorable. Nicely done. Great work. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what stunning backgrounds for your cards! I love the one with the Soft Suede ink and Faded Jeans Distress Ink, it turned out so beautifully - perfect 😀. This is definitely something I'm going to try on my cards too, thanks for the inspiration and for sharing! Take care and Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this you did such a nice job on it too. The tree really sets the tone. I'm glad you had so much fun doing this. Have a nice Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool technique and it does look like wood. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, that looks like a fun technique that I can do. I might copy that. The result is really lovely. (OK I don't really want to think about Christmas just yet) But this techique can be applied to any season. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm sorry I'm late in commenting. My laptop has decided it does no longer wants to use Chrome or Internet Explorer and I have not been able to comment. I have an iPhone but I've tried commenting before and most comments don't arrive. So I am looking for someone to do me a blog on Wordpress (the free version). If you know of anyone who could do that for me and is reasonably priced, please let me know. I have tried myself but I have not succeeded.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great technique. I like how it came out. Lovely Christmas card. Happy Belated T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Sharon - a really lovely effect! Love that you are making a start on Christmas too - I always intend to start early - it doesn't often happen!!! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.