Monday, August 10, 2020

T Stands For Technique, Failed!

"Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honor all the day." Ps. 71:8


Hello readers, and T Gang!  I got dirty and inky today trying to do what Lydia or Understand Blue made look easy!  It is called Drunken Acrylic Reveal  Technique and here is the link to the video on SplitcoastStampers.  Maybe, if you try it, you will be more successful.  

The steps are:

1.  Use a thin watered down acrylic on watercolor paper

2.  Quickly, while wet drop alcohol drops on it

3.  Let that dry

4.  Repeat with different colors, several times.

For someone else this technique turns out real pretty, for a background.

I will make a card and show you next week.  



After first coat, the alcohol drops didn't show very well.  I decided I hadn't watered the acrylic paint enough.  So I let it dry so I could do the next coat of paint.




If only I had stopped here, but I didn't!  This is best.  But it is covered up now!







The next coat.





hmmm.





You can see the droplets of alcohol now, after four coats!  Yellow, pink, turquoise and purple!  This was still wet.




Dry, so not as defined after drying.




This is other panel, don't like it at all.






Maybe, I will Cut these up with dies or something, but I will use them! LOL

You saw my Starbucks cup of tea above, so I guess I am already for the tea party, as soon as I wash this paint off my hands!


Thank you for stopping by.  I appreciate all my readers!  And, Happy T Day to the T Gang!

18 comments:

  1. I liked the early layers a lot on your multi-layer art work. Interesting effects.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fun technique. Keep playing Sharon. It all depends on the kind and quality of substrate you use:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun technique. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad it came out like that - it looked super-cool when wet!
    At least you have the pics, right! Happy T-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think when you add images to them they will probably look great as backgrounds. I like them. But practice makes perfect as they say, or at least perfect to the sense where we like our own work. It does look like a fun technique. Have a great t day Sharon and share your next batch next week for T. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds fun just keep experimenting with it-I loved the early layer the best too Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun to play with ~ Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Practice makes perfect. Now you know! (I agree with you that the first one looked OK) And you will be able to use them as backgrounds easily.
    What a pretty Starbucks cup/mug. I have never seen that one (but I don't go to Starbucks very often. our nearest Starbucks is 300 miles away, at the airport).
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you made some fabulous backgrounds with this technique. I saw the challenge, but wasn’t going to try the technique. After seeing what you made, I thin I should reconsider. Thanks, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this technique, I always like to experiment and this looks like it was fun! That's a pretty mug too 😁. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like several of those layers. It's interesting how each layer makes such a big change.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I go one step too far on a page, I tell myself "well at least I learned something." Nice save on the first one, Sharon.

    Happy T-day and have a lovely week! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't give up, some of these look great, but if you aren't happy then Die cuts will work - I have loads of things that have either been cut into circles or other die cuts! Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy T-Day! (I'm leaving a generic comment for everyone this week, because I'm very sore after each day's storm clean up efforts. Tropical Storm Isaias clobbered Connecticut US August 4, 2020.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your panels. Each one is different and very interesting. I will have to check out this technique.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a fun technique. I think your cards will make interesting backgrounds or bits for collage. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like what you are doing. I do this on canvas. Except now I can't find alcohol anywhere. It has to be 99% too. I love the colors and doing the fact that you didn't give up. I think you did a fine job. Art, an experiment, a joy. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I remember seeing this! Very cool, I like the finished card you made out of it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.