Monday, September 16, 2019

T Stands For Stencil Smooshing Technique!

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted"  Matthew 23:12 Memory Verse for Week 4 of Revive Our Hearts Esther Bible study.

Today, I have been playing with an acrylic paint technique and an  oxide inks technique.  I will show you the one with the oxide inks.  This was done for our Try a New Technique Challenge on SplitcoastStampers today.  They directed us to this tutorial,  which I watched while doing this.




I applied gesso to my cardstock first.   Then I applied the oxide ink direct from the pad to the stencil.
I did this with four different ink colors and three different stencils.  After I applied  the ink to the stencil, I  spritzed it  with water a couple of times.  Then I laid the stencil down on the paper.    I did each stencil and even on top of the other, but I dried in between; I just dabbed with a paper towel.




Then I cut the paper down to the size  I wanted.  I chose where I liked the design best.  I will have leftovers for another card.  

My finished card:  I  added the piece to a turquoise base and added a thank you die cut. I want to play with this some more! 



For Elizabeth's T Stands For Tuesday over at Altered Book Lover, I have these photos for you.  I have been wanting to walk around this pond at a local shopping center.  A friend and I had lunch there, and then walked around the pond.  She took the photos for me. :)




 There is an island in the middle of the pond, and that is where the waterfall and little bridge are.
There were heron, too, but she didn't get a photo of them.  However there is something on top of the bridge.

And here I am with my water from lunch. :)

Have a wonderful week!  I am having fun in my craft room, hope you are doing some fun things, too.
Thanks for stopping by. 

18 comments:

  1. What an incredible technique. I don't have any of those oxides, and I understand they don't act the same as distress inks, which I DO have. Your stenciling session was wonderful and the card is amazing. I was super impressed.

    I enjoyed seeing your walk around the lake. I've never seen the bridge or the waterfall, if that is in the shopping center I'm thinking of. You look really, really happy with that water and the fountain in the background.

    Thanks for sharing your card making session and your walk, as well as your water with us for T this not quite Tuesday.

    BTW, are you doing a Smithsonian Museum Day this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun technique! May I ask-is that an Ipad you are using to watch? I've never looked into them and I keep thinking I need one to watch my downloaded classes as my PC is a big desktop. Wonderful pics from your walk- and you look great Sharon- those colors suit you well:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card turned out beautifully with that background. A great tutorial and a fun technique. I am going to have to check this technique out.
    That bridge over the waterfall is very picturesque.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice photo of you to end the post with Sharon. This pond looks like a nice place to walk. It is really pretty. And nice smooshing technique too. Happy T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card looks just great! And you sure look happy with all the water, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely technique you used to make your background, great colours, too. The place you visited is lovely, great to see the water and the lovely ducks. I love visiting places like that. And you look great in your photo, too - happy and contented. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab technique! I got all enthusiastic and then I realized I had Distress Inks and not Oxide Inks. (The boxes look the same). Oh well...
    But your card background looks great.
    Lovely photos of your walk. And what a charming photo of you! You're looking good!
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a fantastic card made using the background techniques you were using. I love these oxide inks, you can use them in so many ways.
    The photos from your after lunch walk looked lovely and it was good to see you included one of yourself.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and photos. I like the waterfall. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the colours that you used and what a fun technique 😀. It looks a lovely place to have lunch and that's such a lovely photo of you too! Wishing you a Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fun to try new things, and I like how that turned out. Your walk looks lovely. I know I'd enjoy it :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun technique, Sharon. Thanks for sharing. The card looks great.

    Lovely photos.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun technique. I love the soft colors and the pattern. You put it together well to create a lovely card. Beautiful and peaceful pond, a perfect setting for a walk. The picture of you with your water really made me smile. It looks like you have filled your water cup from the fountain. 😺 Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great result! I love your card! The shopping centre with a pond sounds lovely - thanks for sharing the photos! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the random quality that technique gives. Super fun!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely is this card Sharon !! Like this technique very much, thanks so much for sharing it with us, the results are spectacular. Wonderful pond, and so cute ducks. You ´re very pretty in front of the fountain, and very happy, and I wish your T-day was great.
    I wish you a very nice afternoon,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, your card turned out beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing. Those pictures of the pond are fabulous. You are looking great, Ms. Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The background you created is delightful, as well as those cute ducks. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.