Tuesday, April 16, 2019

T Stands For VSN Totally Done!

Psalms 37:4-5 "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."


I am late because with the TSFT post because I wanted to finish my VSN cards so I could take a photo of all of them and post.  For those that don't know VSN is Virtual Stamp Night, but it isn't just one night. It takes place on the SplitcoastStampers  website, and we  had 3 challenges for the mini in March and this past week-end we had 17 challenges.  Our theme Was From Here to There, and the challenges were very inspiring.  I was one of the hostesses and my challenge was:

For our From Here to There VSN  , I think we should take a romantic cruise! And our challenge will be to make an anniversary, wedding, Valentine or just an I love you card. But then you must include items on the card that begin with the letters

S H I P.
Example:
S. Sahara Sand, sea, sand
H. Hearts
I. Iris
P. Postage stamp

The gallery turned out wonderful with the cards this challenge inspired.  So, I had a fun week-end crafting and stamping and cruising the galleries and admiring wonderful inspiring cards!
Here is the photo of all my finished cards.  I now have birthday, Thinking of you, graduation, Valentine, and even Christmas cards in my stash!  If you look closely, you will see at least 2 cards with teacups and teapots on them.  Do you see them?


And below are some of my favorites:
This card was the sample I made for my challenge:

S. Spellbinders circle die
H happy birthday
I. I love you
P. Polka dot EF
My romantic birthday card for my DH.

For my husband's upcoming birthday.




One challenge was to make a pinwheel!



I always like VSN because I learn new techniques!  Below we were challenged to do a

Coffee Filter Technique:  You  drop different color  re-inker drops in a plate, then you put the coffee filter in it, and swoosh it around.  Then you wad the coffee filter up.  Then un wad and cut down and use some how on a card.

coffee filter after doing the process.  I heat dried with heat gun before cutting down. 

And I cut a square and glued it around a square piece of cardstock then mounted whole thing on a white base.  I added gold die cuts.  Done!    Great technique for a different background;.  or you art journalists could use this technique!
That is just some of the challenges.  I thought you might be interested in them.  SplitcoastStampers always has a lot of inspiration and challenges.  


Thank you everyone for the Happy Blogoversary wishes on my last post!  I really appreciate it.
Thanks for stopping by!  Go on over to Bleubeard's & Elizabeth's to see the rest of the tea gang and how they celebrate TSFT!
Happy Tea Day!

16 comments:

  1. Great cards and love the coffee filter technique, great idea. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, no wonder you haven’t been around, you’ve certainly made quite a few cards for your stash you must be exhausted, they are a great set of cards.
    Happy T day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw- super cards --- fun technique with the coffee folter!
    Happy T-Day Sharon!
    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...17 in one week?! very cute cards, and great to have a stash for sure. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have had a lot of fun with this challenge. All the cards look fantastic.
    Happy T day wishes Sharon.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a total failure at stamping, but the coffee filter idea looks like great fun :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations on hosting the challenge last month! Your cards are so inspiring too, all the designs look fabulous and I especially like the birds and the sparkly shaker card 😁. Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great assortment of artwork. You've been very creative. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cards Sharon. What a fun theme for T Day. Hope your day was great. Hugs-erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome assortment of handmade cards-I love them!
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful collection of cards! You have certainly had a wonderful challenge. I love the one you made with coffee filters. They add wonderful texture.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh you have been busy! Lots of great cards. Well done!
    Our coffee filters don't look anything like that. They are a sort of a pocket. But I could cut one up and try.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I'm so late visiting, Sharon, but I am taking everyone in order of how they linked for T time. You created some incredible cards. I'm really impressed. You made so many lovely cards and I suspect part of the reason was because you have many of your supplies in one spot. I loved that coffee filter technique. I've done the same, but used it as a background for mixed media.

    Thank you for sharing your lovely cards this week with two of them honoring T Tuesday.

    You commented on my birthday. Let me give you a hint. From the 1st to the 22nd, I recycle something every day. On the 22nd, I call it bEARTHday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you´ve been really busy and lucky to have a great stash now:) that coffee filter sample is very appealing with its bright colors.
    happy easter, sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness! You have been busy! I love the coffee filter card! Belated Happy T day Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. For reasons I won't go into, I have been locked out of my original blog. I am actually devastated. However, I have set up a HOPEFULLY temporary blog to get me through until I can reclaim mine.

    I sincerely hope you will join me for T this week, dear Sharon, at

    https://alteredbooksandmixedmedia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.