Monday, October 22, 2018

T Stands For Taking a Break From Our Maine Photos

      Lamentations  3: 22 It is of the Lord 's mercies that we are not consumed, because his         compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

Hello to the T Gang and all my other followers!  I have been sharing our August Maine trip photos for the past few posts, but today I am taking a break from those to show more current ones.  These are from our excursion a few weeks ago to the Seniors Expo.  We like to go every year and visit the venues and see what the venders have to offer.  We usually get our flu shots at the Walgreens Booth,  get our photos taken at the Say Cheeze Photo Booth besides seeing the venues.  This year it was held at the our new library,  the Art Museum and the Botanical Gardens.  

It was our first time to get a chance to see the new library.  It is really something, too, with places to eat,  to have coffee,  to meet.  They had  little media niches, and of course lots of books.  
I was a tiny bit disappointed that you couldn't see the river from the outside terrace on the second floor of the library.  I had hurried up to the second floor to see the view, and no river.  They were setting up for a lunch for the seniors when I was up there, and for sure a very nice setting for an outside luncheon.  Lovely library!

I think the river is on the other side of those trees.  Notice the chair inside the window on the left?  What a lovely view as you sit and read there.

We didn't stay for lunch, we had more to see and other lunch plans.

What beautiful art work and can be seen from below on the first floor.  Are those chairs art or to sit in?

Next we visited the museum where we got our flue shot and photos taken. 

Just took this to show what a gorgeous day it was!

Photo of the art work hanging at the museum and of all the Seniors picking up info and freebies at the different booths.

This was our first chance to visit the Chinese Garden of Friendship, a Scholar-style-inspired garden design at Botancia.



My dear hubby posed for me in the Chinese Garden.

I couldn't get over all those fish!

Art work on the Chinese Garden walls as we left.

I was so glad to see these, as I had heard the woman who is restoring them speak last year.  She was so interesting, because as a child she road these horses on the Merry go round and now she was restoring them.  She said they talked to her.  These will be wonderful when all done, but each horse takes many months to restore.  The Botanica Carousel Project :  These are the first of the restored horses of the  merry-go-round that once stood as the heart of the now-shuttered amusement park here.  They will restore the carousel and have it in Botnaica  for future generations to enjoy. 
Well, I said we had other plans for lunch and although they served special lunches at each venue, we went to TJs.  I am sure our hostess will recognize this place!


Great nostalgic décor, but I only took one photo of it!  I thought I took more!

At least I remembered this time to take a photo of our drinks for our drink related post for Elizabeth!
And this is the best chili cheese burger in town!  Their French fries are great, too.  We split the fries.  We should have split the burger, too, because we each took half home!  We had our usual water with lemon.  Is that a senior thing?



So Hi, T Gang!  I am hooking up with Bleubeard & Elizbeth over at Altered Book Lover for her T Stands For Tuesday!  Go on over and check out the rest of the gang's TSFT posts.

Happy T Day!  Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Wow what a very awesome library-never know the libraries are doing this now-sounds nice.
    Good looks delicious
    Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon I enjoyed the tour, I’m not sure we have libraries in England that are so modern. We liked the Chinese gardens here in San Francisco, they are so pretty.
    We always share a meal if it’s for lunch, just too much food and we like water too, can’t drink fizzy stuff as it fills me up.
    Happy T day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of having events in the library and museum, great! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos, love the Chinese wall painting, just beautiful. Your food looks great, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its great to see the photos of you and your husband.I just can't get over how summery it looks in your photos. I know at this time of year a few weeks can make a big difference in the weather. It looks like a fun event and I do like that Chinese garden. And that burger-YUM! Hope you have a fabulous T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks a wonderful library so light and airy. The libraries in my part of the UK should take lessons from these photos and get folk through the doors.
    The gardens looked beautiful, the photos you shared look great.
    Your food looks tasty and I would have water to drink as well.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the photo tour. Looks like you had a great time.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic tour! Great you shared this! Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow- that is a fantastic looking library! So much wonderful art to enjoy too- the chairs are so fun, beautiful gardens and cherry tree painting. I love that the carousel horses are being restored. Great pics of you and hubby enjoying it all- including your meal. Thanks for sharing and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it looks like you had the most wonderful time! I so enjoyed visiting with you, the artwork looks amazing and I'd love to try one of those chairs out ...lol 😉. The Chinese gardens look so beautiful too! Wishing you a very happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun day! I love it when libraries make space for gatherings and outdoor seating. The Chinese garden is gorgeous, and it's interesting when public gardens make separate areas like this. The Burger House is adorable and that food is making me hungry. I often get water with meals, mainly because I drink so much less Coke than I used to and tea is so often not very good at restaurants. I imagine that carousel will be a treat to see when it's completed. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a fun day, Sharon. The library is wonderful. Boy they sure have changed since my day. The chairs are very strange. I don't think they'd be comfortable because of little padding. That hanging on the main floor is spectacular. It looks like blown glass. The colors are perfect for fall.

    I hope Elizabeth is well enough to visit you soon and see the horses. She'll love those.

    I don't know if water with lemon is a senior thing, but I think not being able to clean your plate in restaurants is. If Chris & I don't share a plate, we both end up taking half home - lol.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a fab library! Some .ibraries I have seen in Holland are like that. Anything to encourage people to readbooks I suppose. I would go in there and not come out for days!
    The blue chairs are very arty. Yes, I think you could sit in them. If they are comfortable is another mater.
    I love the glass art hanging from the ceiling. It looks very much like a work by Dale Chihuly, my favorite artist of blown glass. Just google him and have a look....
    Your lunch place looks fun with all the ephemera on the wall.
    And the carousel horses are fabulous! What an idea! They would have been lost forever if she hadn't restored them.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great eye! That is a “Massive Chihuly Chandelier” hanging in our. Museum!

      Delete
  13. What amazing places you visited. Those gardens are my cup of tea and that library. And some wonderful art displays. Looks like you had fun.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Libraries certainly have changed since I was a kid. Now becoming community spaces instead of quiet places to study. The main branch of the Boston Public Library has cafes and spaces to congregate with friends, concerts. It's a great place to visit. The Chinese Garden is beautiful and your hubby is a good sport to pose for a picture. Himself would never do that. Love the carousel horses. You'll have to go back when they are fully restored so we can see their awesomeness. Your lunch is making me hungry and I just finished breakfast! Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous post, starting of course with that wonderful quote - which is also part of of my favourite hymn! I loved seeing the architecture and the views! The Chinese garden looks beautiful! Your burger looks just right for a sunny day! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Although I’m still not well, I apologize for taking so long to visit. I am just now making it out of bed to visit. I am SO sorry I am late.

    Sally didn't want to go to Senior Expo this year, so I didn't get to go, either. I could probably pass for a senior, but I worried they might question if I was or not, so didn't try to go. I have not seen the new library, but I really MUST put that on my to do list. I got to see the new Chinese exhibit at Botanica this summer when I was there, and I don't know if you know or not, I took two teens and a tween to WAM this summer, so I would not have been interested in going there. Looks like it was a massive amount of activity, though. This was the first time in four years Sally hadn't wanted to go. She wanted to see the senate hearings from that day.

    I've never HEARD of TJ's. It looks like something my friend Sally would especially enjoy, though. I bet you got a better deal at TJ's than the senior meal. From what I've seen in the past, they are NOT worth the price you pay for the meal. And NO, water with lemon is NOT a senior thing, but an economical thing. The mark up on drinks is stupendous. Thanks for sharing photos of your senior day AND your meal and water with us for T this week, dear.

    BTW, I saw the Carousel Horses would be finished sometime next year (mid 2019). They are selling all kinds of things now, like bricks around the carousel and other very expensive things to pay for the construction and restoration costs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.