Wednesday, April 20, 2016

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? 359

Hebrews 11:1  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."


Good morning Bloggers!  We finally got some much needed rain here!  You can just see everything greening up wonderfully!  The downside is no walking outside today, so will do my walking inside.  Or maybe I will just craft.  Below is a photo of what my desk looks like this morning for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?  I am working on a seocnd layout for my April Scraplift Challenge and the Stash Buster Challenge on  Splitcoast Stampers.  I am using some very old SU! stamp sets for my layout.  I even had to check out an old catalog to  see how they did the Christmas lights.  I stamped, embossed, drew tops on them,  and fussy cut them out and used fiber for a cord to string them across the page.   Also on the top left are some backgrounds I made using watercolor powders that a friend sent me.  She sent me very small amounts so I could see if I like them, before making a large purchase.  Also, below is a card I made using one of the Color Burst backgrounds.  I used Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamp & die and the sentiment is from CC's Designs.  The eyes are  homemade enamel dots.  If you want to know about them check out my post from Oct. 8, 2014.

  So what is on your workdesk this morning?  Go to Stamping Ground and check out the other deskers and link a photo of yours.










Well, I am off to check out some deskers!  Thank you so much for stopping by and saying "hi".

Have a wonderful week!





14 comments:

  1. Fab layout. I love your Christmas lights!! The card is super cute too. So do you like the powder watercolor? Happy Wednesday, LisaDV #48

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crazy bird crazy eyes are a scream. I really like how you christmas lights came out. Truly I wouldn't have recognized the stamp that made them as a Christmas bulb. Have fun playing! PJ #61

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Christmas layout. You've certainly been playing with the colour burst paints. I love your card. He's my favourite of the Crazy Birds and I really like his enamel eyes. Barbx #26

    ReplyDelete
  4. those birds never get old the fun of the face expressions when paired with a fun sentiment :) I am impressed with what you did with the light strand though, it looks so cool as an fussy dimensional layer on the page Sharon :)
    ~Stacy #56

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the crazy bird background. Happy WOYWW - BJ #17.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy! I thought I'd pop back in and mention that the stamp pad storage on my wall is a former cassette tape holder! PJ #61

    ReplyDelete
  7. The card is great - I love the way the eyes pop. Nice layout too.

    Sharon K #49

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your color burst background and those eyes on the crazy bird are AWESOME! That's the kind of card the recipient would want to keep forever. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card made me laugh - that's the craziest bird I've seen yet :-). I'm glad you're getting some much needed rain, we could do with some warmer temps...I've got veg seedlings to plant out but it's too cold!
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great desk and makes. Take care Zo xx 35

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you're going to buy some watercolour owners then? In your hands they are lovely! The unpredictability of them is scary to me! Love the enamel dots used as eyes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did not think I'd be a fan of Crazy birds but you make that one look absolutely adorable! The color bursts are on my list to try... in the future. Probably about the time they are no longer a trend and someone is selling them off LOL. Unless I see them at the stamp show in July.

    I have all my old SU catty's back to 2005. I'll be using old layouts with new stamp sets on my SU blog... and yes, I will be linking the two. ;-) Creative Blessings@!! Kelly #43

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout. Nice to use old things to make new. Cute card too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun to see what you have been creating.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.