Sunday, June 1, 2014

Memory Verses

      Good afternoon this first day of June!  I hope you all are doing well.  I wanted to answer one of your questions today.  On one of my posts someone noticed my Memory Verse holder or what I use to display my memory verses, and asked what it was. It is an acrylic easel, that originally came from Ikea.  It was something I got for free at my daughter's church for spending a certain amount of money in the church bookstore.  But Ikea sells it for $9.99. So I just thought I would answer that question and show my verses to you.  I wanted my memory verses to be handy to look at and to review.
      I am using the Splitcoast Stamper Mixed Media challenges as backgrounds to showcase my monthly memory verses.  I even figured out how to put a blinkie on my Blog for the challenge! Well, with the help of several SCS friends!

   
   Joshua 24:15  April's Memory Verse 
Mix-Ability April Showers Challenge:  Mist, Splash, Spray, or Squirt your project ... create puddles if you dare!  The background on here is one of my first Gelli Plate prints, then spritzed with re-inker and water.  The stamp is B Line Designs.  Verse is Stampability.
  Rom. 8:38-39 May's Memory verse
Faux Tile Challenge:  First, pick 3 colors of paint, ink, watercolor, etc.  Use Tape to mask and paint the lines.  I used post it notes. LOL  Also to get my verse on here (for which I had no stamp) I printed off the computer on vellum. The dies used here are:  MFT Dinamics Leafy Flourish Die, and Verve Cut Above Cross die.  The leaves are from Bird punch by SU!

Add Side view of the acrylic easel.  It has enough slots for 12 verses on 4" by 6".  I would think I could add more easily enough.

Well, Happy June!  Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know you were here! :)

4 comments:

  1. How lovely Sharon. I love the idea that it can sit on your desk where you can see it all the time. Do you keep the same verses or do you change them out periodically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have two verses in there so far, so I keep the one in front that I am still memorizing. I have it pretty well memorized, so should think about what my June verse will be. Then I can make a card for it and put it in there. The idea, is to have them handy to go over them. Like I said I can put up to 12 in there now, when I get past that I can add to it. But a year's worth of verses is great to have handy! Thank you Maggie for stopping by and taking the time to comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous background. What a grea way to display them while you work on remembering them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever Sharon..but I was distracted by the lovely display of Copics in the background - LOL crafters! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.