Tuesday, February 4, 2014

WOYWW 244

      I received something fun this week!  My Stampin' Up order arrived, and I have been playing with it!  I saved up all year for Su! Sell-A-Bration sale.   So that is what is on my desk.  I have already opened and used two of the stamp sets and also the set of framelits. So new stuff  really does inspire you to craft! :)  So, I am an enabler! Go get new stuff!  LOL
    Anyway, this week finds me crafting!  Especially, since outside we got 8 inches of snow today, and it is rather cold out.  So what else is there to do?  Oh, I did help my husband shovel snow for a few minutes. :)  My backgorund photo is pretty much what it looks like here today! Pretty, but everything is shut down.

     For more information about What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday visit Julia's Stamping ground.




 

The card on the left was made using Su! Hostess set Nature's Hello along with the Big Shot Die Framelits Backyard Basics and Secret Garden.  I made the background panel using the Glitter Highlighting Embossing Technique.  Here is a link to a tutorial for that technique.  I used a rhinestone for the bird's eye, and Stampendous Dot Sparklers on the butterfly.   I made that card for Challenges  S2S14D , A2S14C, and AOCC2014 on SCS.
The card on the right was made using Night of Navy and Marina Mist cardstock.  I used Denim embossing Powder and VersaMark ink on the image from Stampin' Up set, Tea Party.  The DP is from SU! Regals Print Pack.   The ribbon is probably SU!, but not sure as it was in my stash. :)  That was made for Challenges S2S14D, S2S14E, and AOCC2014 on SCS.

Thanks for looking and stopping by my Blog to see what I am doing.  Thanks for your comments, too, always appreciated!  I am off to see what is on your desks. Happy WOYWW!


 A verse to think on: "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened: that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints."  Ephesians 1:17-18

22 comments:

  1. Lots of snow talk this week on WOYWW ! Keep warm and safe in the snow!
    Lots of lovely Stampin up goodies!
    Jackie 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) nice stack of new goodies on your desk Sharon...have fun, like the cards you've already made...a cup of tea would be nice right now...might just have to make one while I'm blog hopping WOYWW. Cheers, enjoy your new playthings, Cheers RobynO#16

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that snow!!!!!
    You've got a lovely new stash there and have been putting it to good use, those cards are gorgeous.
    Stay warm.
    Hugs Lisax #54

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh beautiful cards. There's nothing like new stuff to be inspiring! And good for you Sharon, saving up all year - that's a sign of willpower..and oh my, the rewards are gorgeous..your desk shot makes me a little green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, looks like it was money well spent, don't you just love it when those craft parcels arrive, I never know what to try first.
    Love the cards by the way
    Jan *75

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your cards Sharon!!! I especially like the blue one...that ribbon is so very scrumptious!!!!! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really lovely cards, Sharon, but I don't envy you the snow. Mind you, it might be preferable to the endless rain we have over here. I shall be off in a moment to make myself a mug of Chai Latte with Lemongrass, which is my present favourite treat to drink. Thank you for your visit. I had to clear off my desk and then get really stuck into sorting as there was no room for me or the dogs to get into the room even, never mind trying to actually craft. I am encouraged to carry on now, as I have nearly finished the one lot of stamps, and found enough floor for the dogs to lie down and for me to walk around them. The progress is pushing me on to get really sorted out. Hope you have a good week. xx Maggie #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cards, love the bird one especially, and all those goodies, yes I ought to treat myself soon. Thanks for the visit BJ#73

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon, I love your pile of goodies! Just like you, I'm going to take advantage of Sale-A-Bration, but I'm going to use my tax refund and rejoin SU since my "need it" list is about three miles long LOL.
    Your cards are very pretty, especially like the embossed panel on the white one.
    Thanks for your visit earlier!
    Michelle #80
    PS The b&w box on my desk I made out of chipboard, cardstock and patterned paper--it was so easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always fun to get new stuff! Have fun. Your cards are so pretty. I love the floral embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun to play with new toys! Have fun. Your cards are so pretty. I really like the floral embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a lovely neat desk there! I like it very much...I'm not a messy crafter. I have to have clear space too. That butterfly card is so pretty :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 33 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cards are just beautiful
    Famfa 5

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - I want to come over and play with all your new goodies. Love the roses embossing folder - beautiful cards. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. April #24

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to be so late in coming through. I love all the new things to play with and your cards are beautiful! Have a wonderful rest of the week. Lots of snow there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the enabling thing is really true Sharon, love the cards and the peek at your desk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy you found stuff in SAB. Nothing really grabbed my attention this time, which is VERY unusual. love the cards you made with your new toys :-) Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, LOTS of awesome goodies--that cup of tea stamp is gorgeous!

    Thank you for the visit this week, Sharon, and a Happy WOYWW to you! :)trisha
    #86 this week with
    tiny books and snow

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cards are simply beautiful , have fun with the new goodies. tfs :) I love seeing whats on you desk !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks like the new stash worked, lovely cards i might try that next time mr mojo runs awY
    janet #8

    ReplyDelete
  21. 8" snow! Looks pretty but I don't like having to be out and about in it.
    Great cards you have made - I recognise some of the images as my friend in the USA has lots of them, probably all of them.
    Hugs, Neet xx
    ps thanks for commenting on my blog sorry I am so late, was hospitalised on my return from the USA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.