Monday, July 1, 2019

T Stands Another Technique

"The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord:  he turns it wherever he will Proverbs 21:1" ( Our memory verse for  our  Revive Our Hearts Esther Bible Study.)




Hello to my dear Blog Readers.  I have been playing with alcohol inks!  We had a challenge on SplitcoastStampers to make a card with an alcohol ink background.  I got very messy!  I only have a few bottles of the ink, but love the colors I do have.  I put it on some yupa like paper; it is a synthetic paper.  When you put the inks on it and add the alcohol blending solution, it really spreads. I also use a Tim Holtz blending tool to move the ink around, or you can even blow threw a straw.
On the first one, I had already cut, so had to lay back down together to get a photo.  You can see that I even played with my alcohol lift ink.  You ink up a stamp (dragonfly) with the alcohol lift ink then stamp it on the alcohol inked panel, and it lifts off the ink and you have a dragonfly.  Love this technique!
Here are the two sheets I did :







I made the card below out of one of the turquoise panels.  I die cut the sentiment out of silver cs and the 13th are rub ons.  I also added a punched flower.
This was for a semi local scrapbook store celebrating being in business 13 years.  By semi local, I mean it isn't very far from me, but it is in another little town near here.



We are also celebrating TSFT (T Stands For Tuesday) over at Bleubeard & Elizabeth's over at Altered Book Lover.  We just include a drink related item in our posts and we link our blog post over there.  Then we all have a giant international tea party with Elizabeth as our hostess!

We had a coupon for buy two dips of ice cream and get another two dips free at our local BR baskin robbins.  So, of course hubby and I went for ice cream this week, as we love ice cream.  We both got dips of the Gold Medal Ribbon flavor, which had chocolate, vanilla, and caramel.  It was recommended by the clerk.  Then he got a  peanut butter chocolate flavor which I would usually get, but  got the  Upside Down Praline instead!  They have so many flavors to choose from!  So good!

 As we didn't even have our usual lemon water, I took a photo of their drink machine as we left for Elizabeth!  Hope that counts! :)



Thank you all for stopping by!  Happy T Day to the T Gang!  Have a great week, everyone!
Happy 4th of July to all my USA friends!

14 comments:

  1. Love how you threw in the drink machine-lol! Alcohol inks are so fun to play with and there is so much you can do with them! My hubby has taken to stopping for a soft ice cream when he bikes on the weekends. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum to that ice cream!
    Your alcohol ink backgrounds are lovely. I love the marble effect that can be achieved.The perfect background.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have two or three AIs, and use them sparingly because they are SO expensive. Yours look beautiful and that 13th anniversary card is awesome.

    I am impressed. I love ice cream and Baskin-Robbins is always good. Looks like you got a really good deal, too. The drink machine was a perfect choice for T, too. I like unusual, and this was! Thanks for sharing your wonderful AI art, your card, and your ice cream and drink machine with us for T this Tuesday.

    Please don't forget to check out my Second on the 2nd for how I make my ATC backs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made some beautiful backgrounds and car with the alcohol inks. Ice-cream is good in hot weather, I had some nearly every day last week. Lovely drinks machine, filled with cool drinks! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. a have only very few alcohol inks, but you remind me they really give vibrant colors! happy t-day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon your Inky panels are lovely, I love how the ink spreads on the Yuppo paper, looks as if I may have to buy some!!
    Ice cream looks lovely and sounds like some of my favourite flavours, I could do with thank big drinks machine for when the family come over as we always run out of space to cool drinks.
    Have a great week
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful backgrounds and card. The ice cream looks delicious. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful! I too have very few alcohol inks. I think about 6 and they come in a spray bottle. I don’t use them a lot because they make such a mess that is difficult to clean. I really need to use a big box to spray in.
    Yumm, ice cream! And so clever of you to feature the drinks machine when you didn’t get a drink yourself. That’s what I call thinking outside the box.
    Happy TDay,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful backgrounds and it looks like you had lots of messy fun ...lol 😉. Your ice-cream looks delicious, you chose my favourite flavours too - yum! Wishing you a Happy T Day! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwww those backgrounds are just Wonderful Sharon !! I love them, they are full of possibilities. Gorgeous card !! Just in my last post I also use a background with alcohol inks and nail varnish, beautiful results.
    Very Happy T-day !!, your ice-creams may be delicious oohhh...
    I wish you a very nice day,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of those ice cream flavors sound delicious. I haven't been to BR in ages. I may need to correct that :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hurra for AAIs, your amazing backgrounds, the card,semi locality,ice cream and the drink machine! Happy T-Day and happy 4th of July! Have a wonderful yJuly dear Sharon!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great effects with the alcohol inks and these pieces would make superb backgrounds (as you have shown here) The silver words really stand out against the turquoise. The purple and gold is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got a kick out of your photo of the drink machine. I love ice cream! I wish we had a Baskins Robbins near me. We used to have Blue Boy stores, but they went out of business. Mexicans like less creamy ice cream. Your alcohol ink card is wonderful!

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.