Monday, January 14, 2019

T Stands for Trying to Start off the New Year Right!

2 Co 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:  old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."



Hello, T Gang and other faithful followers!  I have been communicating with our wonderful hostess Elizabeth and she is trying to help me get my Blog up to speed!  I now have the T Stands for Tuesday logo & link on my sidebar.  Also, I am trying a "scheduled post".  We will see if it works!

While I am thinking about it, I want to thank Elizabeth and the T Gang for all the inspiration to craft, and to Blog this past year.  It is the most posts I have ever posted in a year since I started my Blog in 2013.  I posted 47 times in 2018!  That is almost once a week!  The closest I ever came to that was 38 times in 2016.  I already missed last week, so will have to make up for that in the future! 

I haven't been crafting much, but will share a card I made for several challenges on SplitcoastStampers this week:



This card was inspired by a fellow SplitcoastStamper  as we were to make a card inspired by her for the Featured Stamper challenge.  They link us to her gallery to choose a card and copy it, but with changes.  The second challenge this is for is the Try A New Technique Challenge; this time to make a monochromatic card.  Use the same color ink and cardstock with one or two neutrals.  I used SU! Baja Breeze cardstock & ink, and white and black for my neutrals.  I used Sizzix stitched ovals dies and rhinestones on my birds.  I used Natural Beauty stamp set from SU! (2007) I stamped the white panel with one of the word stamps in the set, about 4 times with my MISTI and then sponged the panel, also.  The birds are stamped and sponged.   I fussy cut the birds. I also used Wink of Stella glitter brush on the flowers & buds.  The "thinking of you " was from another SU! stamp set Friend to Friend 2004.  The third challenge is for the Alpha Challenge.  Our letter was B and this round is to use natural. images.  Also, the double challenge was buds.  The name of my card was B For Buds & Birds.  The fourth challenge was to use an ignored stamp set or new stamp set never used.  I used the Natural Beauty for first time in ages.  I could do that challenge for years!  I have hundreds of stamp sets, and they probably all feel ignored, as I use mostly my favorite ones, or newest ones.  I think that is all the challenges!

Now for the drink related part of my post for T Stands For Tuesday.  For those that don't know we link up with our hostess over at Altered Book Lover and somewhere is our post feature a drink.


I forgot to take photo till after I had boxed my leftover up.  But it was a great sandwich with cream cheese and roast beef on a great hoagie!  That bread was  toasted but soft and thin.  Loved it!  Oh, so good.  Hubby had a reuben sandwich, which he said was delicious.  I had a side of potato salad and he had pasta salad.  We both had our waters.  I don't know if you can tell but at this sandwich bar they had the menus under glass on the table on each side, so we both could see the menu seated across from each other.  What a cool idea.

I thought this fabric picture was interesting, but should have took a photo of the count down clock.

This is called the Artichoke and they are big on St Patrick's Day.  On the inside they have a count down to St. Patrick's Day to the seconds!  On the outside they have this Blarney Stone replica.


They do have fabulous sandwiches, and since we had gone down town to our library to a Senior Wednesday to see a Mark Twain portrayer, we stopped in for some.  My photos of Mark Twain didn't turn out, but he was good and told a lot of funny stories.  

Thank you for stopping by to see me today,  We will see if this posts as scheduled.  :)  And then see if I remember to link it to Elizabeth's T Stands For Tuesday!
Happy T Day!

20 comments:

  1. beautiful card Sharon, and your blog is looking great. Looks like your scheduled post worked out just fine too!Your sandwiches both sound so good and I know I'd like this place very much- esp. with the Irish influence:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I had to go ahead and publish it, as it didn’t do it as scheduled. I will try again next week!

      Delete
  2. I do love your card Sharon. And it sounds like a yummy sandwich. I haven't had a sandwich for quite a awhile and I think I need to have one after reading about yours. The blog is looking good! You'll get the gist of pre-posting I am sure. I hope you have a wonderful T day and that wee get to see you again next week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty. I am working on blogging more too-before all my friends left blogging for facebook I always posted everyday sometimes twice.
    I am curious about the fabric picture-was it put together like a quilt?
    Happy T Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sharon. Working a blog can be intimidating, but it really is easier than it sounds.....you'll catch on real quick. I've just dusted off my blog, after taking some time off, and am getting back into the swing of things.....My favorite is T-day! New year, new plans to blog more too. This is a super supportive group all you have to do is ask if you need something! Have a great week. I will be one of your followers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't understand why your post didn't publish. You had it set for the right day and time. It works great for me. Don't give up, though.

    My art friend Kathy and I have been to The Artichoke, but Sally and I have never been there. i remember both Kathy and I put our hands on the rock. Obviously mine didn't fit. Too small. I don't think I've ever seen the countdown clock unless it was behind the bar.

    You made a fabulous card, Sharon. I love the monochromatic feel to this one. That's one thing about SU they are famous for. Their paper matches their stamping inks.

    Thanks for sharing your trip to the Artichoke and your gorgeous card with us for T this Tuesday. It was great talking to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Irish place sounds fun. Love the leprechaun stone! Your sandwich looks very tasty. Happy T day and have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super post to read and your card looks beautiful.
    The cafe looks a good place to visit, the interior looks and sounds really interesting. I like the sound of your sandwich, it must have tasted delicious.
    Happy T day wishes Sharon.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! I love the design with the little birds and blue happens to be my favourite colour - perfect 😁. Many congratulations on posting so much last year, I enjoyed reading them and I'm looking forward to seeing all the exciting things you get up to this year! The restaurant looks wonderful too 😀. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The T-parties and T-ladies have helped and encouraged me in much the same way, Sharon. I feel so lucky to have found the group. Now I'm hooked!

    Lovely bird card. I don't know what you mean by "sponged" the stamped image or what it accomplishes.

    What a neat restaurant. I'd love to go there. I'm 3/4 Irish.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I stamped the image, I took a small piece of sponge and applied ink to it from the ink pad, and then daubed it on the parts of the image, and after I fussy cut the image, (because I don’t have a die for this image, I also went around the edges with the sponge to put more color on the bird image. I also applied ink with the sponge onto the oval edges and the flowers. I hope that answers your question. Thank you for asking.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for explaining, Sharon. So sponging lightly shades and edges the die cut (or fussy cut). Very pretty effect. Eileen xox

      Delete
  10. Sharon what a gorgeous card, lovely soft blues,

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card, Sharon. I love that color blue along with that unusual opening.

    You are going to love scheduled posts. It is really nice to sit back and write when you have ideas. Most times I procrastinate and cram last minute but it is nice to have the option to prepare ahead.
    That sandwich shop looks interesting. I would have chosen what your hubby had. I love Reuben! It is always wonderful when you can find a great sandwich shop with delicious bread. I think the bread makes the sandwich.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on breaking your posting record! I don't know what I'd do without the "scheduled post" option. It makes all the difference in the world to me.

    The description of your food has my mouth watering. It'd be a fun place to eat :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so pretty and I love the soft colors. Food looks delicious. That Irish pub must be extra fun on St. Paddy’s Day. What a hoot to touch the Blarney Stone replica to bring good luck. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. i also have scheduling issues sometimes, but i suppose it might be that i press "close" instead of "publish"... will try that next week again to see if it works...
    regarding your question on my blog i wrote a reply there:)
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great mix of photos. (I think the most important thing about having a blog is to keep it fun. I used to put pressure on myself to have N number of blog posts a month or year, then I told myself to relax and just enjoy myself: I'll end up with however many blog posts I do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card and a fantastic mix of photos Sharon! And congrats on breaking your post record!
    Happy T-Day Sharon!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog background is beautiful. Your card is fantastic. I think I still have that stamp set. When I decide which ones to part with, I usually end up keeping any that have to do with flowers. Look forward to seeing your many more posts for this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.