Monday, April 18, 2022

T Stands for Teatime Again!

"And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these things." Luke 24:46-48 KJV

 I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! 

The time just goes so quickly!  I can hardly believe it is time to get together, post a drink related post and link to the tea party over at Bleubeard & Elizabeths at Altered Book Lover.  We call it T Stands for Tuesday and I usually post on Monday night because it is already Tuesday across the pond where about half our t gang are. We each post what we are doing and then go around and see what the others are doing.  Come join us.  

I am posting photos of a restaurant we went to several weeks ago.  It is kind of historical as the restaurant is over hundred years old, although the one we went to was the second one, and newer.  The first one is downtown I think.  I took some photos of pictures on their walls.  The first one is of a  boathouse that no longer exists.  It used to be on our river.  The second photo is what Livingstons used to look like.  The third is a collage of Wichita icons, of which they must consider Livingstons.  We loved their food and I forgot to get a photo until our table had been cleared. At least I got our water.





What have I been doing?  I have been scrapbooking, making cards, and Sunday, celebrated Easter.

Here is an Easter card I made: 


I made this with a freebie Graphics Fairy image, Stitched rectangle dies, and the Tulip embossing folder is Stampin' Up.



I made this card as a sample for my seniors card making day in May.  I will make kits for them, and let them choose what ever punches they want to use, and which sentiment.  I have a set of 24 sentiments from which they can choose in Teeny Tiny Wishes by Stampin' Up!


Have a wonderful T Day!  Thank you for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. Lovely cards!
    I loved all the pictures of the historical restaurant that you visited. I would love to travel back and experience it like it was back then. Very neat picture of the rows of tables and ladies.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, sounds like a nice restaurant and I enjoy seeing your card making too-
    Happy T wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you also had a Happy Easter Sharon. That's a great mural, or I should say those are 2 great murals from the restaurants you visited. I like the second one with the pies coming out of the plane. Have you eaten at all of their restaurants? Have a great T day Sharon and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love an old restaurant with so much history like this one.
    Beautiful cards- and the one with the dry embossed "frame" is a really lovely touch. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice you do that for seniors Sharon. Hope you had a nice Easter. Lovely cards! Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Sharon. I have never heard of Livingston's. When did they tear down the Boathouse? Last I saw it was south of Century II. It is now a visitor center and houses the Sports Hall of fame. It also is NOT the same as the one in the mural.

    I checked out Livingston's menu. What sounded good to me was the Mediterranean omelette. It was also the only one that was vegetarian (grin)! The don't cater to vegetarians, do they? Unless you want pie, that is!!

    I really love your cards. They are both wonderful. You are so generous to do this for the seniors. Of course, my favorite is the Easter one. I hate to ask, but since I've heard from mostly everyone else, have you received my Easter card to you? I sent yours out at the same time I sent everyone else's.

    Thanks for taking us to Livingston's and sharing your water with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have called it the Old Riverside Boathouse, Elizabeth. You can look up the history. It was torn down in the 60s. Answer to your question: no, I didn't get your Easter card, yet. What is with our mail?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for explaining the different boathouses. I was quite confused, which is not hard with me. I sent your card at the same time I sent everyone else's. CJ got hers mid-week last week. Erika got hers on Friday, I think, and Kathy let me know she got hers, but I'm not sure when. Linda K got hers about the same time CJ got hers. I haven't heard from two people, but I don't check my e-mail more than once every two weeks or so. One went to Cindy in Canada, but I am pretty sure she hasn't gotten hers yet. I am SO sorry. I have a couple left that didn't print properly. I can send you one of those, if you like.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful cards! Hope you enjoyed your Easter elebration. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How interesting to see the old restaurant photo, great cardmaking too. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy T-day, Sharon. You know a restaurant is good if they can last that long. Looks like a great place. Lovely cards. Your friends will love making that last one and the teeny tiny wishes set is one of my favorites (so many to chose from). Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the restaurant's murals! There used to be a cafeteria here with historical scenes on the walls, and I was always fascinated by them.

    I like the idea of a senior card-making day, and I'd be well-pleased if I could choose elements like what you show to make my own card. Nice. Fun project.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures - isn't it nice to eat in a place with a sense of history? Your cards are pretty, I especially like the last one and this is perfect for making with the seniors. It is lovely that you're doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those restaurants look great. I love the mural for Livingston's. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets to take pictures of food and beverages. 😸The cards are so pretty. I think your seniors will have a great time making cards. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pretty Easter card and the layered flowers on the other card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice photos. I love old restaurants. Lovely cards too. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you had a wonderful Easter! The murals are fab and I love the Easter card - so pretty 😀. Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The restaurant is quite some place!
    Belated happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alot of work in your stunning cards
    Bridget #20

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful cards! And, I love hearing the story of the restaurant too- cool pictures! I adore the angel card, and I love that you are working with seniors- and that they get to choose their sentiments too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know why some comments are published and some not (I am going to copy this one before I press 'publish') I love the look of this restaurant - all those condiments in that container! I love the cards you made! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.