Tuesday, April 5, 2022

T Stands for it's really Tuesday!

                                        For we walk by faith, not by sight: 2 Corinthians 5:7


Good afternoon!   It is a cloudy gloomy Tuesday here.  As I do this I am Zooming with some crafty friends.  We are all working on our own thing and keeping each other company.  LOL One just got back from a card making retreat and is showing all her goodies and I am blogging. Some are actually crafting.  They are also discussing techniques; one is a new to me technique, or kind of stamp, a "turnabout".  Have you heard of that? 

Here is one card I made this week using watercolor crayons!  I colored the stamp with crayons, then spritzed with water, then stamped.  That was for our Ways to Use It Challenge and the Clean and Simple challenge to use a butterfly on our project on SplitcoastStampers,  I was glad to know how to use the watercolor crayons.  In the challenge they gave us a link to this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.



And for my ticket to the TSFT for Bleubeard & Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover.  Once a week we get together, share a beverage and share what we are doing. I enjoy these bloggers from all over the world.

I took this photo before our food arrived of our table at a lunch last week.  We had gone to a talk on downsizing (very interesting and educational) and then we were treated to lunch.  It was a great menu to choose from.  I ordered the pork chop, and hubby ordered the chicken strips.  It was a little disappointing that the food was overcooked, but still good.  We had water, and I had hot tea, too.  It was a nice setting and good company.


Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you are all doing well and having a great week!


15 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon love your card, sounds like a nice way to stay in touch with fellow crafters. nice place setting with tea pot-loving that. Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calligraphy guild I belong to does a drop in Zoom each week. There was a theme, but I think people preferred to work on their on stuff. Fancy lunch service and a cute little teapot. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have a pretty table, don't they, ready to be set and featuring such nice flowers. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now i know what to do with watercolor crayons... I don't own any but this is as good a reason as any to get some.. lol Beautiful card... Zoom crafting sounds like fun... Sometimes i'll turn on a crafty video on YouTube to keep me company while crafting.. lol Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely spring card, and how fun to get together via zoom. I know nothing about how to go about participating in any zoom class...
    The downsizing talk would have interested me too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being treated to lunch implies that the hosts were hoping to sell you something… but what can they sell that has to do with downsizing? Just wondering.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful sunflower design - love it 😀. Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very pretty. I have never tried watercolor crayons but I like the outcome.
    Sounds like a lovely lunch with friends despite the disappointing food.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be great to have crafty friends you can zoom with. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. And nice card too. The effect with watercolor crayons on your stamp looks great. Hope you are having a fun T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely stunning card, Sharon. It's a beauty. Nice to zoom and talk and craft at the same time too. I can't do that because my computer is in my office and not in my craft room. I sure like that card, though.

    Did you see the kids I colored and used on Friday for Singin' in the Rain? It's here:
    https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2022/04/play-it-again-sam.html
    Sally wants to go to Passage of India. I've read mixed reviews about the restaurant, but she loves it, and she chose it. Was it the one you didn't care for?

    How nice to experience a lovely lunch and get valuable information, too. Thanks for sharing your card and your lunch with water and tea for T this Tuesday, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there, Sharon. Your watercolor crayon card turned out beautifully. I used my watercolor crayons when I want to get good coverage and still get it done in record time. I color with the watercolor crayons and then just add water with my water painter, keeping a paper towel handy. I tend to get a more vibrant and even color on my card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Sharon I have never heard of turnabout stamps, but looked them up. Looks like a fun concept we could probably do with some existing stamps we have. I am going to try it anyway.

    Love your pretty card. Fun to Zoom with friends.

    The dinner sounds interesting - a lecture and food (even if overcooked).

    Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Watercolor crayons? Nothing like coloring to make you feel young!�� Love the cute butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your bright and sunny card, and the table setting looks very inviting. Happy t Day, hugs; Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah I have quite a few turnabout stamps from Concord & 9th. They make fun backgrounds really quickly. So sorry, RL got in the way, and I am terribly late. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.