Monday, April 11, 2022

T Stands for I Finally Found My Mixed Media Journal!

  Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Psalms 51:12-13


Yes!  I found my mixed media journal!  It is 7"x10" Canson 98 lb mixed media.  I wished I put dates on the pages done, so I could tell how long it has been hidden. I think I will start dating them, so next time I misplace it and find it again, I will know how long it had been. So, I am going to join in the fun over at **Art*Journal*Journey* for their challenge Play it Again Sam, to be inspired by our favorite movie or song.  

One of our favorite movies was Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn in 1963, taking place in Paris.  We have watched it many times, and I never get tired of it!  But I am a fan of both of the stars.  We also love the theme music by Henry Mancini.  It is a mystery and love story, but lite. Here is a link to the movie.  At least listen to the theme music. 





Here is my page:  First I sprayed Oxide inks on it in Spring colors, also complementary colors. Pickled Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio. After spraying, I put a wet stencil on the page for a few moments and pressed down with an acrylic block.


I stamped the title, and year around some stamped music in archival black ink.  I also did black ink through a word stencil. I did add some more green oxide ink on the edges.  I had even mixed a paste of the pistachio with some paste and mint julip radiant pearls to put through a stencil.  I didn't like it so rubbed it off.   I stamped with a Paris inchie, and a face that I thought was elegant as Audrey Hepburn. There is a key scene at a stamp show, and that is why I put several stamps on here.

Here is a close up of the stenciled words: "Art is just another way of expression"

And a close up of my writing!  Ugh!

I hope you do watch the movie, or at least listen to the theme at the beginning, because I can't get how good it was across to you on this page. 

This is also for the Try It On Tuesday Challenge to use Spring Colors.  And, besides that we think of Spring Time in Paris. :)

I also did this for the April Mixed, Messy & Joyful Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  

Now, for my ticket to the TSFT party over at Altered Book Lover hosted by Bleubeard & Elizabeth.  Post a drink reference and join us. 

I had forgotten to show off a tea cup that I got for Christmas.  The box it came in was so pretty it and the contents were still sitting on my dresser!



That is it for today.  Waving to the t gang. To all of you have a wonderful week!  Thank you for stopping by.

26 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, I love your journal page for the theme. I always enjoy those old movies too. Gorgeous tea cup so pretty Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely page, Sharon. I watched Charade many many years ago and remember that I liked the movie very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy that Charade (the movie)also. I'm so glad you found your journal so you could make this great page for Alison's challenge. Thank you for joining us. And the box is as pretty as the Tea cup. Have you used the tea cup? Or is it just a pretty decoration. Have a great T day and week ahead Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great movie and fab journal page Sharon! Funny you mentioned loving the movie and not getting tired of it (wait til you read about mine on my blog;)
    Glad you found your art journal.
    And oh my, that teacup- and the gift box are gorgeous! I would definitely keep that box too. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charade! One of my favorites too! I like the idea of the postal stamps for a tie in to the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charade! One of my favorites too! I like the idea of the postal stamps for a tie in to the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charade is definitely a wonderful movie. I love the Paris atmosphere, especially the Palais Royale.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your wonderful tea cup and the beautiful box it came in. Thanks sso much for joining us at AJJ with your beautiful journal page reminding ou of a fave movie. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tea cup! Great Art Journal page and super happy you found your art journal, Sharon. Wonderful movie too - I haven't seen it in ages and need to watch it again. Lovely post. Happy T-day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for suggesting that film, I listened to the music as you suggested, but then the film started and I watched it and spent a happy hour just enjoying it. It is light entertainment as you say. Just what I needed. (I had never seen it before).
    I loved the scenes in the Metro. They brought back old memories.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of Charade, Sharon. However, I am thrilled you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's theme. It is beautiful and even though I've never seen the movie or heard the song before, I still got the gist of this film based on your wonderful art. Thanks for sharing this, dear.

    Your new tea cup is GORGEOUS. What a stunning beauty and that box is wonderful, too. I would alter it (grin). Thanks for sharing your journal page and your beautiful teacup with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I should have called it the Old Riverside Boathouse. Here is where it was off internet, although I remember it! "Founded near the intersection of Murdock and Waco, in the late 1890s, the boat rental business and its original small structure, grew in size and commercial enterprise for more than 50 years. It was demolished during the "urban renewal" efforts of the 1960s." Here is a link to images of it. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=riverside+boathouse+wichita+ks&qpvt=Riverside+boathouse+wichita+ks&tsc=ImageHoverTitle&form=IGRE&first=1
      Secondly, no, I didn't get your Easter card! What is wrong with our mail? LOL

      Delete
  12. A great movie! and a delightful cup :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page, you captured the movie so beautifully 😀. That mug is super pretty - love it! Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday too! Hugs Jo x

      Delete
  14. Really a lovely page. That T-cup is so pretty. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a fan of ArtJournals/Old movies and that tea cup is so pretty! I'd like to get my hands on some Dylusion Ink Sprays.. The Oxides are too pastel for me. i need color to slap me in the face.. lol Happy happy Tday Sharon! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great page Sharon - I do love Charade! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a great page for the movie challenge. I really like your new cup and the gift wrapping is wonderful, no wonder you kept it. LIke having a surprise to open once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Audrey Hepburn's movies and Charade. Great journal page dedicated to this movie. Now I think I need to have a Audrey Hepburn movie marathon.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great movie and I like how you captured it on your page. The teacup and box are so pretty. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  20. Audrey Hepburn is Paris to me, she was so chic and an absolute darling when I watched her films as a child. Your page is lovely and I do like all the links to the films, well done.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fabulous page, and a great tribute to that wonderful film.
    Thanks for linking up to my theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great MM page, I will have to look up the movie now :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That teacup would fit right in my china cabinet- it is fabulous! And, I love love love your mixed media work! Great images and stamps. Now, I ask- did you put a date on it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Charade is one of my favourite films too - I love the page you made. Paris is so beautiful and I love both stars here too! Thanks for a fabulous page for Alison's AJJ theme, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.