Monday, March 11, 2024

Playing CMSS & CalvinBall!

   6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


I just have so much crafting I want to do, sometimes something has to give.  Tell me in the comments, do you get all the crafting done you want to do?  I watched some of the videos on the Card Makers for Success Summit last weekend, and tried some of them, while still trying to keep up with making at least one project for CalvinBall per day.  Oh, and junk journaling, and SplitcoastStampers daily challenges, our blog challenges.  I have to just confess; I can't do it all!  And then there is this blog to keep up with.  And life!  Tomorrow I am headed to a wedding, so no crafting tomorrow.

I will share with you the project I made following Jess Crafts on the summit.  I liked this because you can use a lot of stash.  I really kept these cards from this sketch clean and simple, because I entered them in today's Clean and Simple daily challenge at SplitcoastStampers to be monochromatic.

The Jess Crafts sketch uses a whole sheet of 12x12 patterned paper, three pieces of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock for the bases, and 3 more pieces of 8 1/2 x 11 of colored cardstock for the panels.  My dsp was two sided so I could varry the cards. On 5 of the cards I used some of my hundreds of Project Life Cards.  Stash Buster!!!


And the 6th one, I stamped and colored a Stampendous Bird Image with Copics.  I submitted this one for the challenge at CalvinBall.  I got points for it being a card, for sharing it at two sites, blogging about it, polka dot paper, stamp, stripe paper, sketch, fussy cutting, banner, flower, aqua, gold, sticker, orange. 15 points out of a possible 70 points.  They add points every day.  It is wild.  The points don't mean anything, just using as much as possible of your stash!





Here is the info about CalvinBall:




I am also on my way to the tea party over at TSFT at Altered Book Lover with Bleubeard & Elizabeth.
Here is my ticket:  A card I made several years ago.  I no longer have the image stamp, but I do have the sentiment.  Happy T day.



Thanks for stopping by.  See you next time.

12 comments:

  1. You and I are completely different when it comes to double sided paper. I think it's wasteful and you think it's what makes your cards interchangeable. You certainly got a lot of cards made. Far more cards than I made journal pages. And of course, each is different, but this time they are similar, except for the bird.

    Since late 2008, I have blogged every day, sometimes twice a day. Last autumn I was tired, could have cared less, and didn't even want to be on the internet. I gave myself a break and only posted for T Tuesday. Chris's theme at AJJ helped me, but I am still not feeling the urge to post daily like I did before. No one can do it all and still have a life. You will burn out quickly like I finally have.

    LOVE the old card and the sentiment. I also like that you added the embellishment to the card, too. Thanks for sharing all your cards and your tea card with us for T this Tuesday, dear Sharon.

    BTW, the bugs were in part of a small booklet you gave me. There were about 10 pages and not all were bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get all the art I want to make done. Life just gets into he way. The same is reading books for me too. Smile. Your latest batch of green cards are beautiful. I like that little bird. And thanks for the T day card too. Have a great T day and week ahead Sharon. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you do a LOT! Wonderful art. Happy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think any artist gets all the art finished that they want. Even if they are not in all the challenges you are trying to do. I have so much art in my head that at times I don't sleep. However, create what you love, then what you want, and come to the rest as you can. I never put myself up for challenges any more. It makes the brain think it HAS to do it. Challenge yourself within yourself and enjoy and love your art making. I love really like your ticket into the T-Party. Havea great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those wonderful cards you made, great ideas there! Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I have high hopes for projects and then as Erika just said things get in the way. Your cards are lovely. My favorite is the one with the bird. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sentiment on the teapot card. Watching the wedding via the link now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your green cards, Sharon, I think they are gorgeous. I don't get as much crafting or art making done as I wish I would, but I'm not under pressure since I seldom join challenges etc. There are days when I do a lot and days when I do next to nothing. There is still work I have to do, and gardening, my family, life in general. There are times when it is just not possible to do it all and that is okay, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to craft every day and then my husband got ill (and then died) and nowadays I'm to busy getting on with my life to do any crafting. My stash is wasting away in boxes . One of these days I will get back to it. I keep thinking in winter I will. But now I think summer is better, as it's so hot here, I spend days indoors.
    I love your green cards, especially the one with the birdie.
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good on you for having such an interesting and involved artistic life! And thank you so much for sharing it with us all as well as your lovely comments. You are appreciated. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love to come to your blog to see what you are up to. The answer to your question is a resounding NO! I don't get all the crafting done that I want to do. Life gets in the way as well as the classes that I'm taking toward my bachelor's degree after a lifetime. Your cards are all fabulous as usual. I've actually been working on making some albums using Graphic 45 paper collections. I'm really loving doing these and plan to make a few more. Eventually, one will go to each of my daughters and granddaughters. In the meantime I try to get some cards done too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.