Monday, July 22, 2019

T Stands For Trip Photos

"The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord:  he turns it wherever he will Proverbs 21:1" ( Our memory verse for  our  Revive Our Hearts Esther Bible Study.)




It is time for TSFT again!  Warning:  Photo heavy post!  I have trip photos for you today, but I think I will string them out over a few posts.  We just got back from Colorado.  In fact last week's post was scheduled because I wasn't here.  And it worked!  I just couldn't comment on the T Gang's posts until I got back.  So, that is why they were late.

But first, I have a journal page to submit for Art Journal Journey.  Their theme this month is We're All/Going.  So, my page goes with my photos this post.

We're All Going Hiking/walking:





At some point this is what my page looked like and what I used. But I kept adding stuff, and the only reason I stopped adding was because it is time to post!  I stamped the trees from 'rubbernecker stamps  I added some sentiments , too.  I am not good at listing products used, because I just start playing and play with everything, and no telling what ends up on the page!  I am not a planner.  My husband is, but he doesn't craft. 

 We went to Colorado to cool off!  At the bottom of the mountain in Lyons it was 92, by the time we got up to Estes Park, it was 68!  Heavenly!  Below are photos of deer going through in front of our cabin the next morning.  We have been going to Estes Park and staying at these same cabins for 50 years, this month.







I did remember to take a photo of our lunch in Estes the second day.  Yummy!
For TSFT over at Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover, you can barely see our water in our Pepsi glasses.  This is one of our favorite places to eat at in Estes.  A little ways away from the tourists track.  A lot of locals eat here.


We  love Colorado, and enjoy even walking around downtown Estes.  Our cabin is above Estes, and is actually in the Rocky Mountain National Park.  It was there before the park took in that area, so it was grandfathered in.  









This path goes from the cabin right into RMNP.  I didn't walk that far this time, but have in the past.



This morning walk is  a lot more enjoyable than at home!



I never get tired of this scenery!



Here is the actual Trail Head for Beaver Meadows in Moraine Park in RMNP



8 years ago, last time I hiked up here.

Above is Eagle Cliff.  We used to climb that every year.  The last time I climbed it, was 8 years ago at age 65 by myself!
Beautiful view from up there.   Here is that beautiful view!



 And the view without me in it!

Anyway, I would be afraid to climb it by myself now, and hubby is not a hiker.


Looking back towards Estes from the path. (zoomed in )


Ok, I am not electronically smart.  Two things, I can't put these photos in order on my blog, and they are not in order in my laptop either, because my camera is acting up.  It all of a sudden wants me to set the date every time I take a photo.  If I say skip it, it then puts it in my laptop in a strange place and I have to go find them!  I am thinking that I need a new camera and laptop or a new me! LOL

Have a happy Day everyone and to the Tea Gang, Happy T Day!

20 comments:

  1. I love the hiking page and wow, how pretty is the area you visited. I have been to Colorado but never Estes Park. It looks like you had a super vacation and nice photos. You look very happy. And I hope you have a fabulous T day too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorado looks soo lovely and refreshing! I've heard that it's the healthiest state because so many people that live there are there for the walking and hiking:) Your marvelous journal page depicts it so well. Beautiful photos of the deer. And those quesadillas look yummy! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your journal page-and I love Colorado and all the mountains too I lived in Denver back in the late 70s. I still miss those mountains still.
    Enjoyed all the photos-thanks for sharing--Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sharon, your journal page is wonderful. I often plan a page, then it decides to go its own way instead. I think your way might be the best way. It's a fun and whimsical page and really represents your vacation. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    Is that your cabin, or do you just rent it every year? I'd LOVE to have a cabin in the Rockies and Estes would be as lovely a place as any. Your photos provided a nice overview of the town, too. I can remember when property in Vail was going for a song, but I didn't have the melody at that time (grin). I also enjoyed the nature photos.

    Your T post looks yummy, The quesadillas looked good and water with lemon is a sensible choice. Thanks so much for sharing your trip, the photos, and your meal with us for T this Tuesday. Yep, it turned Tuesday as I was typing this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention. Everytime I download photos from my camera, I save them to a specific folder. If you create a folder and tell the camera where to put the photos, you won't have to hunt for them. For example: C:photos/estes_park
    You would know all the photos you downloaded from that trip was in a special folder. OR C: photos/trip to Happy Cafe
    I don't know how you have your files set up, but that might help you not have to hunt and peck for files every time you download.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a wonderful journal page, and thanks for sharing the photos of the lovely scenery. Looks like a great place for a trip and walking, and even better if it was cooler, too. It's very hot here again, I will just have to sit it out. Your food looks yummy, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. you must already have had a great summer trip! enjoyed the photos:)
    have a great summer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journal page looks great and after seeing the super photos you shared I can see how much this area would have inspired you. The scenery looks amazing.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a WONDERFUL posting! That's a wonderful life!
    Love to see your lovely face and the amazing page linked to AJJ dear Sharon!
    Thank you very much for joining in!
    Happy T-Day!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds nice to go back to a place that has such a history for you :) The trails would suit me well, as would that delicious food.

    I wish you luck with your camera/laptop difficulty. I copy my photos from my cell phone directly to a specific sub-folder in the pictures folder on my lap-top, making a new sub-folder for each month. But I'd be up for brand-new equipment ;)

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the journal page inspired by your trip. Your photos are wonderful. thanks for sharing them with us.
    Sorry I am late in stopping by...a migraine had me out of commission.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made a great journal page. All about hiking.
    What a wonderful place! Just the sort of place we like too. We used to do a lot of hiking, but like you, we no longer do as hubby suffers with his knees and i don't want to go alone.
    Thank you for taking me to Colorado (I will have to look on the map where it is) and I'm looking forward to seeing more next week.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your page is such a fabulous way to show your love of hiking and I am so pleased you are sharing it at Art Journal Journey for my theme! The area you visited looks wonderful - lots to see and do and it would make me especially happy to have deer wandering around! Your food looks delicious - it's always good to eat where locals eat! Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous art journal page and I loved seeing all your amazing photos 😁. It looks like a wonderful place to visit, just my sort of thing! Your meal looks delicious too - yum! Wishing you a happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun page, Sharon. I really like the "Think Outside" stamp. 50 years to the same cabin. It' so nice for a coupl to find a place they both love. We us, it's a beautiful beach on the ocean. Gorgeous scenery! We're the same age, Sharon. How come you look so young!

    I really enjoyed post. So glad you guys had a fun and cool getaway.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great travel art journal page. I love seeing these. Going from 92 to 68 sounds like Heaven right now. (We reached 100 this past weekend, in CT, during the heat wave. It was rough without AC, which I don't have in my house.) Your photos of Estes Park are beautiful. What a lovely place to vacation every year. The food looks delicious. The shops look fun to browse in. The hiking trails and views look great. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool hiking page . The Young One visited Estes Park earlier this Summer. Your scenery is just gorgeous. I can see why you never tire of it. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Sharon what beautiful pictures you chose to display. I can't wait to see more. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the detailing on your journal page. Your photographs are breathtaking too. Sorry I hadn't reciprocated your visit to my blog earlier, but I was out of town. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job on your art journal page and it goes right along with your Colorado trip. It's great to see you out and about. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.