Friday, April 5, 2019

Happy 6th Blogoversary to Foxy Stamping!

Psalms 37:4-5 "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

Six years ago April 5th, 2013,  I posted my first post to my Blog.  My grandson had set me up, and I was ready to go!  I cannot believe I have been blogging that long. If I figured up the numbers right this is the 213th post! I have gotten to know bloggers from all over the world,
and have learned a lot of craft techniques as well as learning about new tools!  Also, lately I have learned about artists and musicians, poets and a lot of other useful knowledge, and maybe some not!  But, I am smiling, because I have really enjoyed the journey.  I have enjoyed all of you, my blogger friends!  Thank you for going with me on this journey and for all your inspiration!

I am celebrating by joining in three challenges today: Try It on Tuesday (to use at least two stencils on our project) and Art Journal Journey with the theme "Having Fun' and More Mixed Media, anything goes with optional yellow.  I always want to join in, but never seem to get it done!  So today as part of my celebrating I am doing these three challenges.

I love working with stencils and think I used 4 different ones counting the letter stencils.  The having fun just made me think of all the fun I am now having because the sun is out and it is warm enough to walk!  So I am having fun in the sun.  I should have put birds on here, because I have been seeing birds again!  Hindsight is great!  Anyway, I sure did have some fun getting dirty with ink and paint! I use a 7x10 Canson 98 lb. book for my technique journal.   Thanks for looking

Here is my journal page:


You can't see the sparkle and there is lots of sparkle with the silks and I added Wink of Stella to the butterfly.
The only item not in the photo are the Bible art stamps I added because it needed something. But, I wanted it to look bright and sunny.
That is my project today. If you follow the links above you will see some wonderful projects for inspiration.  Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my Blogoversary!

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the milestone Sharon. And I am so glad you decided to celebrate and join our stencil challenge at Try It On Tuesday. This is such a happy piece. The butterfly feels like it is flying away, with hopefully another 200+ posts. Have a wonderful weekend Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Sharon, this is great. I LOVE this journal page and the butterfly is so different. The colors are fabulous and the composition is well conceived. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey, too.

    I was just talking about you today and was telling my friend Sally about Art Park after she said she wants to go to the library, which neither of us has ever seen. Now both are on our list, but that will have to wait until after she returns from her trip which starts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogoversary! I love your wonderful cheery page! Thank you very much for joining Try It On Tuesday and Art Journal Joureny dear Sharon!
    Happy weekend!
    Susixxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, Happy Blogoversary, Wow, 6 years, well done, great journal page, I saw the challenge too but haven’t had time but maybe one day !!!
    Have a great weekend
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogiversary!!! I enjoy reading about your crafting, your trips, and your life! I enjoy your pictures and projects very much! You are such a dear lady and I keep you in my heart and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if my first comment published because it had to verify my identity! HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!! I very much enjoy reading about your crafts and your trips, as well as loving your pictures and projects. You are a special lady, and I keep you in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely colourful page for our theme on Art Journal Journey, thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful page Sharon, and happy Blogaversary!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and sunny page, thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray for six years of blogging! I love your sunny page and I'm so pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your Blogoversary.
    You have created a fantastic page and the stencils you used all look super, it is a wonderful way to celebrate this special blogging day.
    Thank you for linking with us at Try it on tuesdays.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy that you are having fun and enjoying creating. One day I will finally get into doing mixed media. I love what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty creation. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many congratulations! What a wonderful page to celebrate too, I love all the stencils you used and the shimmer and texture that you created with them - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Creative wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.