Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Cleaning, Re-organizing & WOYWW # 453

Blessed be the Lord
who daily loadeth us with benefits,
even the God of our Salvation.  Selah Psalm 68:19



Good morning fellow bloggers!  I have been to the gym and am on my way out again to play Pickle Ball!  Yes, I am retired and living the life! LOL  But, I will take time to share my desk, which is a shambles.  I clean it up and then just make another mess every time!  Have you noticed when you re-organize, how before it is done, you make a bigger mess?  I took a drawer out to reorganize it and was so over-whelmed, I haven't finished the project!  What was I thinking when I accumulated this "stuff"?  I thought I would use it on a card, layout or journal page.  But, then I forget to even look in this drawer?  And, it won't all fit back now. Besides that mess is my "leftovers" bin, which is very unorganized, also.  This is what is has looked like for several days!


I have used those Panera sleeves on cards.  Remember when these beads were popular to put on cards?  I think I can ger rid of them now.  And I have a whole jar of google eyes somewhere else!  The fabric appliques were taken off old sweatshirts before I tossed them.  I think I will just close my eyes and toss!


More googley eyes, and then my leftovers bin and assorted stuff.  To the left are stickers to use on a scrappage I did. and a heart die someone sent me that I want to use.  And in the back you see my new pencil sharpener.  Can you imagine what my kids thought when Grandma put a pencil sharpener on her Christmas wish list?  Only a crafter, right?  :)  







Thanks for stopping by!  I look forward to seeing what's on your desk.  Happy What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday!  Hop on over to see Julia's Stamping Ground and check on her space as well as crafters from all over the world!  Well, must go play Pickle Ball!  LOL












16 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, that card did make me laugh! I love it! Shocking how much stuff we accumulate, and look at a few years later and wonder what on earth we were thinking of.Lol. Have a lovely week, hugs, Shaz #11 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. that birthday card is so fun and made me smile Sharon. and yep, I bet your grands were smiling over the sharpener.
    ack, isnt there somewhere else you could put some of those things to claim back the drawer for things you want to get into and use up?
    ( I still use beads but, really only when I have something goopy messy for them to dry into for textures) ~Stacy #35

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sharon that card is great, so funny, love it! I am trying to sort out stuff. I have soooo much but just can't throw it away but I have to do something. Since sorting out my mum's bungalow last year I vowed I would not let my children have to do the same thing. I am also out of room to store my craft stuff - some has to go! Thanks for visiting. Anne x #20

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so am with you re that first paragraph. in fact the stash from the USA I brought back will probably take some sorting - like for a month!
    Love that birthday card you made - the punchline is fabulous.
    Hugs, Neet 1 xx
    ps I might have it wrong re those wheels - could have been Michaels, sorry. See my post of the 22nd January - Deflecto make those boxes and wheels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! your words about the stash is so familiar! I have so much stuff often left over from a technique I did years ago but just can't let it go and just don't get round to using it so that it ends up taking up space which should be for stuff I am using...what are we like! I love your little bird card it's a delight. Thank you so much for the visit to mine, have a great woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, how funny! I understand that feeling of being overwhelmed by all the stuff...oh good grief! clearing it will make you feel better. I’d do remember when we all thought that anything could look good on a card.. I think it was just part of the rush to prove that handmade was better than commercial!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! And a lovely messy desk! I have all sorts of stuff that I have gathered over the years that I just can't bring myself to get rid of, sometimes you just have to take that big breath, close your eyes and do it! That's what I did with all my pigment inks that were dried up! Imagine keeping dried up old pigment inks for years! Have a wonderful week, Lindart #38

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laughed out loud at the punchline to the card. I'd be tempted to stick those tiny beads onto a canvas then gesso and paint over them for texture. Good luck with the clear out/tidy up. Sarah #20

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pencil sharpener is a great thing to put on a wish list... I bet they know you 'cause you got one! I, too, have a 'left over bin' (in fact, I have several...) and those are my faves to dive into! Have a great week. Hug from Holland, Marit #26

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh what beautiful cards!! Uncluttering is a big job!!!
    Thank you so much for visiting me,, best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sharon ! Nice to meet you - thank you for visiting my blog via TSFT-
    Happy belated T-Day - YOur china is just precious!
    Your card is beautiful and you workdesk just is inspiring!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there Sharon, well bit late but happy weekend if not Wednesday:D
    Ohhh Sharon your desk is soooo reassuring!! Just to put you at ease, my desk is like that all year around, I just don’t show that bit most ffolks the time, don’t won’t folks to be totally put off by it all! My sister says I don’t know how you can live like that.. a state of constant cleaning up!
    Love your kitty card had huge chuckle at the “I ate it!” You remind me I don’t use my home mad ehelly plate enough.
    Thanks so much for saying hi to Laurie too,
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Shaz in Oz.x#9

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me again, I just joined your blog... have you had to restart your followers as I’m sure you’ve been going awhile now.. just wondered that’s all. If you join mine I’ll welcome you with a link over too... if you haven’t already? I’m not sure to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. But isn't it just great finding things you'd forgotten all about? I did just that the other day. Thanks for the visit BJ#2

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card. I like your paper piecing. I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't think I can bring myself to toss anything. I did give away 99.9% of my eyelets to a crafter a few years ago. At least I was pretty sure they would be put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sharon, your card did make me laugh! The Geli plate print makes the perfect backing to the sweet little bird - too sweet to be eaten by the cute kitten. Love the mess on your desk ... so reassuring that I'm not the only crafter that has a forgotten drawer. Elizabeth x #30

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.