Monday, June 12, 2023

T Stands for Tea at Elizabeth's

 "Praise the Lord.  Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good:  his love endures forever." Ps. 106:1


I didn't take any photos!  But I went for a play date at Elizabeth's.  She had some lovely tea for me.  I already forgot the name.  It was a black tea, and it had rose in it's name.  I really liked it! Besides tea, she served me lunch!  She even bought meat for me!  She doesn't eat meat!  So, I had a lovely little lunch on her sunflower plates, and sunflower place mats, with a sunflower napkin.  Of course, I fogot to take photos.

So, here is a photo of the napkin (that I refused to use so I could bring it home with me to use in a future craft project.  LOL  Some of you will understand about that!) along with a photo of her sunflower table off her blog.


We also played with Stazon inks and alcohol.  This is the project I started  that day.  It is a Stazon & alcohol background.  I made several on the 12x12 paper she provided but also did some in my journal and on watercolor card stock.  She invited me to play with numbers for the **Art*Journal*Journey* Challenge.  I had taken some oxide inks and stencils and used them on this page also by stamping, and using sponge brushes thru the stencils.  Today, I finished up the page with some stamping , pasting, and more stenciling with modeling paste.  The faces are Crafty Individuals by Magenta stamps.   I am looking for my style....

Here are photos in Blogger's order, not mine!  The last photo shows the whole page.








Elizabeth and I took time to have a good visit, also.  She is a fabulous hostess.  She does too much work preparing for my visit.

Talking of Elizabeth here is my ticket to the TSFT this week over at Altered Book Lover.

 A couple of weeks ago we went to another Italian restaurant; those are our favorites.  We just like Italian food.  It was Carrabba's.   Here is a photo showing the scrumptious food and my water.  We go around two, so we get the lunch special, and it is our lunch and dinner.  I actually took a lot home and had it around 6 for supper.  This was something called Lunch Trio for $10.99.  I chose for my trio, soup, Italion salad,  & Meatballs & Ricotta .  I can't remember what the soup was called but it was delicious, and it was a bowl not a cup!

Hubby had a cup of soup I think and manicotti, maybe.  I can't remember.  But we ate all our soup and bread, and a little of the other stuff, then took home plenty! LOL We loved the food, and the service!  It was a great experience.  We had been a couple of times, when everything was terrible!  I was glad we tried it again.  Maybe it has different management, now. 


Thanks for stopping by.  Welcome to the T Gang!  Have a great week!  See you next time!

13 comments:

  1. Your meal at Carabba's looks delicious!
    So fun that you were able to craft with Elizabeth and share a meal. Your project is looking fabulous.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on your blog and Elizabeth's post also I think you 2 ladies had a really lovely and fun time. And I like your journaling too. But your Italian meal steals the show. It really looks delicious. Have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to say thanks for joining us at AJJ also Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meal looks delicious-and your art day with Elizabeth sounds very fun pretty sunflower napkins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice you had another play date, I love that word :-)
    And ohhh, the 4 girls came out wonderfully, too!
    Yes, sometimes it´s good to give a restaurant another chance, nice it was such a good experience and more than one meal, too. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For our next play date, I'll give you two napkins. One that is white and boring, and a sunflower napkin you may take home with you. I'm all about the sunflowers.

    I thought you knew I took your photo. I am SO sorry. I didn't realize. Next time I will ask. I forgot to show the stencil you gave me, and the ones you loaned me, but I will do that for WOYWW this week.

    Your meal looks wonderful The soup looks good, too. thanks for sharing it and your water and lemon with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    And before I forget, thanks for joining us at AJJ using Matilde's theme. BTW, I'm like Mae. I change the photos if they don't load right. But I seldom load more than one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your food in that restaurant looks great, and the price was veryy moderate. Glad you had such a fun day with Elizabeth, pity I don't live nearer. Hap T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun time. What a pretty page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining my challenge at AJJ 🥰 Oxide inks, stencils and stamps are always the best art supplies for creating something beautiful 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a similar experience with that chain - good, bad and good again. I would hate to be a restaurant these days with all their supply chain and labor issues. Looks like a good meal. How fun to go to Elizabeth's for a play date and I would have totally saved that napkin as well. Cool journal page - love the colors. Happy t-day - hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your food is yummy and the page is beautiful,great idea!
    Happy day, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharon, sorry for the late visit, on my ipad it kept telling me I wasn't signed in!
    Lovely photo and how lovely to have a playdate with Elizabeth, love the artwork you made. Great looking food, good prices too. Happy belated T Day
    Jan S

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have taken the sunflower napkin home as well! It's beautiful and I can well see that it can be used in an art project.
    I love Italian food as well and often cook it at home. But of course it never tastes like in Italy itself - I guess I lack the Italian magic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.