Monday, March 20, 2023

T Stands for Time for Spring!

    23 Search me, O God, and know my heart:

try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24


 Yes, it is time for Spring!  Tomorrow, we begin our new Spring Bible Study and I have made some bookmarks for it.  Almost!  I still have most of the ribbons to attach, yet.  This is also for our SplitcoastStampers Divine Bible Challenge and for Calvinball at Scrap Happy.

 I used a SU! punch to punch 24 white 2"x5 1/2"strips, then 8 each of Celery Green, Almost Amethyst and Pink Passion.  I put the Bible verse stamp in the MISTI stamping platform and stamped all the white ones.  Next, I put the prayer quote stamp in the MISTI and stamped all the colored ones.  The MISTI makes it easy to do assembly line projects.  I stamped leaves on all the white, & the butterflies, and inked the edges of the white.


Next is attaching the ribbon with a staple, and then tying the bakers twine around the ribbon.  I also handwrote the date & event information. Some of them are done as shown below.  I think I will be doing ribbon for a while longer tonight!  Below showing both sides of the bookmarks. I tied the white to the colored cardstock with the ribbon.  







For Calvinball I racked up 21 points for the project.  I can't multiply x 24 however.  But each one has a stamped image, the date, handwriting, butterfly, green, punch, metal (the staple), ribbon, inked edges, scalloped, twine, tag (tag punch), quote, purple. I got a point for cleaning my desk before I started, and for it being for multiple challenges, and for the faith theme.  Also I get points for sharing on Splitcoast with the hash tags and for writing up a post on my blog.  Again, the points are just for fun! You can check out all the fun at:  http://scraphappy.org/calvinball.



Here is my ticket to the TSFT over at Altered Book Lover hosted by Elizabeth & Bleubeard.  It is a card I made in 2014.  It is long gone, but I still have the photo.  I still like that image, SU!, I think.




Thank you for stopping by.  Happy Spring!  See you next time.


15 comments:

  1. The sun is celebrating spring by being up for 12 hours today. Now I hope the snow melts! Happy springtime. Enjoy all your beautiful craft work, I’m sure your recipients will appreciate it.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lot of booksmarks, you must have been busy for quite a while. I like the baker's twine around the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy spring to you Sharon. You've been busy making all those bookmarks Sharon. And that is a lovely card. I really like it. Have a great T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy first day of spring to you, too, dear Sharon. WOW, those bookmarks are amazing. And you get perfect stamps every time. Just wonderful. So is that impressive card, even if it is long gone. Thanks for sharing your incredible bookmarks and tea card with us for T this week, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Spring, that's allot of bookmarks-they look really nice Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all lovely, wow you have and will be busy! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea for your bible stufy group, Sharon. They came out so well and I love your past tea card - super pretty. Happy Spring and T-day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tags, so thoughtful and meaningful. Glad you got lots of points. That's a beautiful card, too. Happy T Day, Happy spring! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pretty bookmarks are a lovely idea. I know they were much appreciated. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project! You did a wonderful job! Really like the teacup card too! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute bookmarks. I hope you didn't have to stay up too late getting them all done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love that card! And you made so many tags!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bookmark colors are so pretty. Your teacup card is gorgeous. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy spring. Very nice book marks and the card is brilliant. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bookmarks are so pretty. Love the words and the colours! Lovely Tea card, Belated Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.