Monday, March 27, 2023

T Stands for Tea at Panera

"And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you. Matthew 28:5-7"


Today has been a wonderful day so far!  I met friends Panera for tea first thing this morning. We had several hours of great fellowship!  Then, when I arrived home I decided to take a walk.  I wore a coat, muffler, earmuffs and gloves and was very comfortable.  But about halfway I saw this and it shows 60 something out!  


So, as I warmed up, I removed my muffler, gloves & earmuffs, but kept my coat on but open.  After 4 miles, I had warmed up!  I tell you this to tell you that when I got home and looked at the temperature, I was surprised it was only 49!  I guess the thermometer I looked at must have been in the sun! LOL Oh, well!  I have photos for you of some decorations that were on the trail, today.  Someone sure keeps busy decorating our trail for each season!














I quit taking photos after a while as I wasn't getting any walking done stopping to take all the photos!  Now if I was Elizabeth, I wouldn't have quit; she says her camera is her right hand. :)
 


You all know that I love meeting dogs on the trail and today I met a dog named Dash.  He is a Shih-poo.  Isn't he adorable? He loved being petted.  I also made a new friend, his owner who might visit my blog.



I have been doing a lot of crafting, but unfortunately can't show any of my card projects because they are samples for our upcoming VSN (Virtual Stamp Night)  event at SplitcoastStampers this weekend.  I am one of the hostesses for the challenges. 

Here is a photo of today's tea for TSFT over at Altered Book Lover where Bleubeard & Elizabeth host this blog hop party for us every Tuesday.  To join, we just have to have a beverage reference in our blog post.



 By the way I got to go over to Elizabeth's last week, and she taught me a new technique.  She prepares her cardstock for her journals by using Stazon re-inkers & alcohol.  She has tried to explain this process to me over the phone several times, but I guess I am pretty dense! LOL So we had a fun session making these pages.  We mixed re-inkers and alcohol and then pounced with little sponges on the paper.  Something I noticed is how soft the paper feels after this process.  I love them, as they turned out I think very lovely!  These are 12x12 papers.  My color is not showing very well.  They were mostly teals and this look too blue.  Anyway, they are pretty, and I can't wait to use them either to scrap on or for card backgrounds.  Or maybe they will end up in a journal! I showed her how I use oxide inks to make a background. We did a lot of die cutting and embossing, in fact we had quite the "play date."

Thank you, Elizabeth, for the tea, cookies, hat and birthday gift!  Loved the lesson on this new technique, and just the fun time in general.  


That is about it for this week.  Thank you for stopping by!  Happy T Day to the T gang!  See you next time.

21 comments:

  1. Looks as though you are having a great week with all the tea parties!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lead such an active life, Sharon. I am so happy you got to visit friends at Panera. It sounds like a wonderful time for you, too.

    Tomorrow I am taking Sally to Angelo's for her birthday (her choice). At least it will get me out of the house.

    WOW, they really go all out for Easter on the trail, don't they? Yes, I would have taken more photos, but I'm a photo junky.

    Your papers turned out so much brighter because you used so many lovely colors. I like what you made.

    Thanks for sharing your tea, the trail, the dog, the papers, and that thermometer with us for T this week, Sharon. And thank you for putting up with my lack of sleep, too!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should have just done the "wet" and stamping. Adding the die cut machine was too much for one day. I agree with our next play date. We will only be working with the gel plate. Lots of techniques can be explored there, I'm sure. It will be a full day or at least half a day. I thought about buying some submarines, but by the time we got around to doing the die cuts, it had slipped my mind.

      I'm going to play around with my die cutter. I LOVE embossing, but die cutting isn't nearly as fun.

      Delete
  3. Your pages came out so pretty from your art play day with Elizabeth. That must be fun to see all the different decorations on your hiking trail-kinda fun for sure.
    Happy T wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a great Day Sharon. And if I loved near you and you met one of my dogs on the trail she would be happy to meet you too. It looks like you had a great time at Elizabeth's, and I like your pages. Have a great T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh I have been trying to leave a comment for hours. Google would not let me. Anyway, I do love all the photos. Lots of Easter hangings. It's always nice to know you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your long walk along that lovely trail. I love meeting dogs and their people, too. Glad you had a good time with friends at Panera and with Elisabeth - the papers you made are wonderful! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon, How lovely for you to meet up with Elizabeth, your pages you made are lovely. Have a great day. Hugs Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good week full of art and friends - the best kind of week! Love that sweet dog you met too. Panera is so good - I love their salads (and bread). Your base pages you did with Elizabeth are pretty. Can't wait to see your creations when you can post them, Sharon. Happy T-day and hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sportive and fun, it sounds great and the dog is cute indeed - to a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have often found that teal and turquoise often don't photograph well, Sharon, they always turn out more blue than the shade of blue-green they really are. The papers you made are beautiful - did you use just regular paper or something special?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spring weather can be so fickle. I love Panera especially the Vanilla Chai tea. So nice that someone puts up decorations along the trails. It makes running/walking more fun trying to find them all. Looks like you had a fabulous play day over at Elizabeth's. The papers you made are so pretty. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Read all about your play date at Elizabeth's .. how wonderful was that ?! You got to craft together and teach each other new things! Fabulous! Happy T day! hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a fun tea time with friends and a nice walk! The new technique looks pretty ...of course it's in my favorite colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Panera sounds good. I forget they have a patio :) Dash is such a cutie. It would be great fun to meet a blogging buddy in person. Lucky you!

    Happy belated T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like youn two had lots of fun on your 'play date'. Your papers look lovely.
    Such fun to find so many decorations on your walk.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you've had some fun times. That's so cool that something hangs decorations along your walk trail.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would be happy to go down that bunny trail - LOL! It looks like you and Elizabeth had a great crafting get togther.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sharon, it was so nice meeting you on the trail! Dash loves you! 🐶✨ The decorations make the walk even more fun. I am always surprised to see the creativity in the festive decor that our neighbors choose to display. I subscribed to your blog and look forward to reading your updates! I absolutely love the new technique that you’ve learned from your friend. If you ever make any journals with the teal-colored backgrounds, I would love to purchase one. God Bless! ✨

    ReplyDelete
  19. These easter decorations are attractive and cute. It seems like a great trail. Dash looks adorable too. It is nice to see what you both have done in this playdate. Great and creative outcome!
    Sorry for my late T-comment as I had issue with blogger commenting.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.