Monday, May 30, 2022

T Stands for Time for Tea!

" Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:"
 2 Timothy 2:8

Yes, it is again time for Tea with Elizabeth & Bleubeard over at Altered Book Lover. I hope you drop by for her tea party.  I totally missed the party last week!  So, here is my ticket right off!  We went to lunch last week, and I remembered to get a photo of our water.

Orange Chicken, very good!

Our fortunes: "Another door is waiting to be opened" & "A daily ritual will lead to great comfort."

This is the craft I have been working on today; a folio for a challenge on SplitcoastStamper.

Front with lace on closure panel, and rick-rack tie closure.

Inside: left is back of front cover with pocket and journal.  

back cover

additional pages: left with corner tuck and additional journaling book.  Center page has a flip up flip down journaling pocket with tag.

Middle has pocket with another journaling booklet.  (Elizabethe, do you recognize something?)

I watched a May May Made It Crafts you tube on how to make this folio, supposedly for a photo album, but I made it more like a junk journal.  She bills it as I CANNOT STOP MAKING THESE.  It was pretty easy and very sturdy.  I am thinking of making one smaller.  This one is about 8 1/2" x 6".  I plan on adding more items to it.

I   wish our American readers a safe Memorial Day.  I know many are traveling to cemeteries to put the flowers on loved one's graves that have passed.  We do that sometimes but choose not to do it on Memorial Day when so many are on the road.  

I did take my long walk on Saturday and found it decorated for Memorial Day.











I also found a large snapping turtle, so didn't get too close.  It was as large as a large platter you serve the turkey on at Thanksgiving.




As we remember our service men and women  who have given their lives for our freedom, today, I pray we never forget!  My father , step father, and husband were all in the military. My grandfather fought in two wars.
Thank you for stopping by today.  Happy T Day to the T Gang!    Have a wonderful week!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, loving your latest project-that is really a neat junk journal.
    that was so nice to see all the memorial day rembererances on your walk. Yes here at the lake lots and lots of traffic here too-we stay put indoors where it is safe. I just finished watching the PBS Memorial Day show-I try to catch that every year-I always cry though
    Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good week Sharon. That is a fun looking art project and your orange chicken looks good too. I like orange chicken. And whoever decorated the trail did a great job. Perfect for the holiday. I hope you had a great holiday weekend, and have a nice T day and week ahead also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chicken sounds yummy, and your art is wonderful.
    Nice people decorate, if the reason is sad.
    Anyway a happy T-Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the project you have been working on it looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing the memorial day photos. Thosye snapping turtles are dangerous indeed, and it's a huge one. Happy T Day, your orange chicken looks yummy! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat to see the Memorial Day decorations.
    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OO! A turtle! I assume they bite and that's why you're a bit weary. But still, a very special encounter.
    Your orange chicken looks and sounds very nice.
    The project looks great. Are you going to make more of them? Presents maybe?
    I have not been able to comment on your blog much as it keeps asking me to sign in to Google and when I do, nothing happens. So rest assured, I read all your posts even though I can't always comment. I've booted up the old PC today, and that doesn't give any problems.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon. Your good looks good. I have never eaten and PF Chang glad you enjoyed it. Your art book looks amazing and the photos very nice indeed. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That junk journal is beautiful. You added a LOT of pockets and places to hide your journal notes.

    How sweet to see those Memorial Day decorations along the trail where you walk. I bet they will come back out for July 4, too.

    That lemon chicken looks SO good. And of course, water is the best thing to go with it while out and about.

    Thanks for sharing your junk journal, the trail decorations, and your water and meal with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon we a big military family too.. I enjoyed seeing your snapping turtle.. In Arkansas we were forever stopping and helping turtles across the road.. A friend of mine living in Canada told me a great way to get a snapping turtle off the road.. You grab it by the tips of its back legs and drag it off.. DON'T try to pick it up! :) Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty folio! That is a big turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that folio is beautiful and I love seeing all the memorial Day tributes from your walks too 😁. That orange chicken looks so yummy and wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice that they decorate the park! Sorry for my lateness, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.