Monday, May 9, 2022

T Stands for Tea!

 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7 KJV


Imagine that! That's right T stands for Tea!  I was thinking of what to do my blog about today and decided tea!  I love tea, and I have a lot of tea, and tea themed stamps, so it makes sense to me. Recently we attended an event at a local Seniors facility.  They invited us for lunch and a movie.  Of course, they want us to choose to live there in their beautiful apartments someday. 

We had music while eating our dinner.

He was playing hymns, one of them Amazing Grace.



I chose my tea from this box before going into lunch.


I chose a Berry Black Tea.


A photo of our setting, so lovely.

I had the grilled salmon, and my husband had a Reuben sandwich with iced tea.


Then we went to the theatre to watch "The Girl Who Believes in Miracles".  This was so good!

Doesn't my husband look comfortable?  Great chairs to relax in and watch a movie!


Every Tuesday on SplitcoastStampers, we have a group called the Teapotters that make special cards and send to recipients who have been suggested.  Someone might be ill and need encouragement, or maybe someone is having a 100th birthday. Then on the last Tuesday of the month we reward ourselves by sending cards to each other.  This is the card I made for the name I drew this month.

The base is Gable Green cardstock by SU!.  The teacups across the top are stamped in different SU! inks are stamps from our local Mrs O'Leary's/ Artful Illusions, as well as the tea names across the bottom.  The teapot and cup are Fun Stampers Journey stamps & dies.  The Blessing sentiment is Morning Star Stamps and is on scalloped layered oval dies by SU!.  The scalloped white panel is a Gina Marie Die.  The leaves were gifted die cuts from another stamper.

Short and sweet this week.  I hope you all have a wonderful T-Day and week!  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I love reading your comments!  Thank you for those too.  Makes us feel connected, doesn't it?

19 comments:

  1. Hubby certainly does look comfy- I would too- and probably end up nodding off a bit:) Your card sending and exchanges are such a lovely and thoughtful idea. Your card is beautiful. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you shared that place you were telling me about. I bet they made you feel quite special, too. I wonder what the daily food and routine really is like, though. Thanks for sharing this with us for T this week, Sharon. It was nice to see you had tea with your meal. That was a nice array of teas, too.

    What a lovely card you shared with us and what a lovely thought to make cards to send to others.



    ReplyDelete
  3. I've stayed with my mother at her assisted living facility, and it is really lovely where she is. But when I was there we didn't have any music with dinner. It looks like you had a nice visit. And nice card too Sharon. And so perfect for T! I hope you have a wonderful T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, what a wonderful way to spend the day. Lunch and a movie sound like the perfect ingredients for a date. Your hubby does look quite comfortable in his chair. I enjoy reading your blog and getting a glimpse into your various happenings and adventures. Thank you so much for sharing them with all of us. And yes, it does make me feel much more connected. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great - and relaxing - time. My hubby sure would doze off in that seat, LOL. Happy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed your visit to the place for older people. I looked at one recently, but it was so expensive I could never afford it.. Your Tea card is gorgeous, I like the idea that you send cards to each other each month. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, looks like a nice facility. some of these really are super nice but also some are very expensive too. The one my father in law was in-his daughter chose it was very very expensive. Love the chairs for watching a movie. Your card is beautiful, Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that senior living place has it going on with great food and super looking recliners. Even impressed with the tea selection.

    Lovely card, Sharon, love the tea theme and the pretty colors. I love the MMTPT group and wish I could fit it in each week...I need to figure out how to get back to it. Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! I love the 3D look of the teapot and cup and the perfect saying that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just visited a relative who recently moved into an apartment complex like that. She's in her nineties. She gave up a large home, and now has a 2-BR 2-Bath apartment with a full kitchen and a patio. But she eats at least 2 meals a day in the very elegant communal dining rooms, and spends time with the other residents. If someone living there becomes less-able to care for themself, there's a nursing-home type residence next door to move to with little effort. I'm not ready for living that way! I hope you find a good place when you are ready for it.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chairs are awesome! Love your card exchange ideas, what a nice thing to do. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A theater like that would be a great draw if I were considering a move to a senior community :) Nice! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. He does look comfy. I would love to have one of those chairs. Nice to have a card exchange. Also this is such a pretty place setting with the flowers. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon no worries.. .i LOVE short and sweet posts as i rarely have the time to sit and really enjoy the long ones... What a lovely card you made... My husband worked for a retirement home in AR... He was their bus/shuttle driver for about a year.. He loved it... but it was hard work as they expected him to load and off load all the groceries.. Which he was happy to do.. just got hard for him.. But he loved spending time with and talking with all the people.. He's a real people person.. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card ~ I like how you made all the teacups in different colors. Your group the teapotters sounds like fun, very sweet way to encourage one another. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like everyone had a fabulous time and I always enjoy a cup of tea 😀. Loving your card too, the images and colours look beautiful - Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like an enticing meal. Are you thinking of residing there or were you just in it for the experience? If they serve Reuban's, count me in! And those recliners...perfect way to put one to sleep after a delicious meal.
    Your tea stamped card is lovely! I like all the colors of ink you used.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  18. Although we think we may have moved into our senior apartment a little too early we both realised that our house was in an area that was going to be developed around us

    ReplyDelete
  19. Although we think that maybe we moved into our seniors apartment a little too early we realised that the area around us was going to be developed and that there were more and more students moving into the area and decided to move before it became difficult to sell. I do miss our garden but we are allowed to do bits and pieces around the grounds here. Of course we have our own apartment's kitchen but we have an excellent dining room with well priced meals should we feel like a treat (or need it in future! ) Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.