Thursday, July 2, 2020

Second on the 2nd for Elizabeth

I thought I would post for Second on the 2nd to cheer up Elizabeth who is operating with a patch over one eye for a while.  So, I looked back and chose one from 2013.  That is what we do; we join in with Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover, and we take a second look at one of our past posts.

But first I wanted to show you some projects  I have been doing while "at home"

 I have been watching lots of you tube videos and I watched one by Lisa Curcio on how to make accordion card.  It is my new fun fold card that I like to make.

 



I think it makes a card special.  Measurements:  Base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2  white embossed panel 4"x5 1/4"
The long piece is 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 3", 5 1/2", 8", 9 1/2"  Fold with largest to go on the embossed piece.  DSP 1 1/4"x 4" (2), 2 1/4"x4" (2), white for sentiment 2 3/4"x4"
Belly Band : 1 1/2"X9 1/2"
All measurements as given by Lisa.

Another new fold to me is the bridge fold I saw on you tube by Kelly Acheson.  I found this with all different measurements.  This one is larger than I like. It needed a larger envelope.  There are several versions and I am sure you can find one that fits in a regular A-2 envelope.  This folds flat, but is just a little more  special than a regular card.



My last card is using a technique from SplitcoastStampers.  It is the rubber band technqiue.  I have a brayer that I can click off the handle.  I put rubber bands around it and then put it back on the handle.

I then inked up the rubber bands with Bermuda Bay ink.  I rolled the brayer going one way over some card stock. Then I cleaned the rubber bands.  Then I inked up with my second color, Gumball Green.  This time I rolled the opposite way.  I did it on a whole sheet of paper , so actually got four panels.
For this card I layered a 3 3/4x5" panel of the rubber band background on a 4"x5 1/4" panel of Bermuda Bay card stock, then put the whole thing on a Recollections white 110lb base.  I used the strip I cut off the Bermuda Bay on the card, and die cut hello out of the center of the Bermuda Bay panel, because no one will see the middle of that piece.  I added sequins.




So, now for my Second on the 2nd:  ( origianlly posted August 27th, 2013)

Vintage Ladies Card and Ex 33:14



Oh, my goodness!  It is Tuesday again!  Where did the past week go to?  I am trying to get into a schedule for these posts.  I do better with a schedule.  So, Tuesdays might be it! :)
    I thought I would post a few more of my favorite cards from DTGD .
 I made this card using some favorite lady stamps from Mrs. O'Leary's Artful Illusions.  They are really detailed images and show up best when stamped with VersaFine ink; I used Vintage Sepia.  The printed paper is Stampington, an insert  from a Take Ten magazine. :)  I have several sheets of really neat paper from when I used to get that magazine.  A couple of years ago, I picked up these little frames that are just right to frame an inchie, from a garage sale.  My Mona Lisa inchie is also from Mrs. O'Leary's Artful Illusions.  I stamped it and punched it out and put it on that cute little frame and then there is the clear top to stick over it. The ribbon is Chocolate Chip from SU!  I added a copper brad, ( I love copper hardware best.) and the pearls. I really enjoy making vintage cards.

I did this for the following challenges:
DTGD13UnderstandBlueB
DTGD13CassieT

Vintage Ladies


This next card is a mixed media card.  I used acrylic paint with a stencil.  I had fun doing this card, and might use acrylic paint again.  The stencil is one that I picked up at a stamp show a couple of years ago and had never used!  I added the stick on gems from my stash.  The Bible verse is from Words of Wisdom by SU!  And this  verse gives me such comfort!
This card was for the following challenges:
DTGD13Beate
DTGD13bfinlay
DTGDsummerthyme64
MIX26
BVC13


Exodos 33:14
Thank you for stopping buy!  Have a great holiday week-end, For the ones in the states.  I guess I should have posted something patriotic!  



7 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, nice to see you again.
    Love your new accordian cards and enjoyed the second look with the vintage ladies.
    Happy second on the 2nd Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the most incredible cards, Sharon. I am always in awe. I've tried making a couple of cards (yes, 2) and they turned out horrible. I now realize you need to separate your card stock color by using decorative paper over it, something I never thought to do till now. Each of your cards are gems and these new folds are incredible. I am sure the recipients will be over the moon with happiness when they receive them. I think the second birthday card is quite masculine, too.

    I really enjoyed reading about your second look cards. I have a few of Joanie's inchie sized stamps, but not the Mona Lisa. It must be two years since I've been there (Mrs. O'Leary's). I've never had any luck with fine stamps. They simply don't stamp right for me. I tried to use one on a Christmas tip-in one time and out of 18 stampings, only two were decent. Not perfect, like your stamping, but decent. Thanks for sharing these darling cards with us as your second look on the 2nd, Sharon. You join a LOT of challenges. I bet they'll be glad when you are joining in again, because you make beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, nice to see you around again. Your cards are ALL wonderful.My fave is the one with the vintage ladies. Have a happy day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon. Nice to see you back again. It has been awhile. And nice cards too. You have really blown me away with these. Those accordian cards are really cool! Happy July 4th weekend. Hope to see you for T on Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ms. Sharon! It is lovely to see you blogging again. Your accordion cards are fantastic. I love the colors and embossing you chose for the. You are inspiring me to try my hand at them. I love all of your other cards and the techniques you used. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, good to see you here! I love these folded cards - not something I do often...maybe I should!!
    I love your second look - those ladies are lovely! Have a great weekend, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Sharon and such wonderful different techniques. So creative. I haven't seen that acordian card design before. It looks like something I should try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.