Monday, December 2, 2019

T Stands For 44 Post It Note Holders

II Cor 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord."

Hello cyber friends!  Did you cyber  shop today?  I cyber shopped last night. I guess we are headed towards Christmas!   But I wanted to share my Thanksgiving decorations before I took them down and we start Christmas!

In the background you can see I already am displaying our first Christmas cards.  We have already received 4, only one showing.



Now on to Christmas!  I have been making Post it note holders using this tutorial, by Lea Denton.
I made 44 of them with magnetic closures.  Our Ladies' Ministries  will add them to our Christmas baskets for our shut ins.  The baskets will also include, soft socks, hot chocolate mix, teas, puzzle books, fruit and baked goods.  I will try to include a photo of the baskets after we make them up in a couple of weeks.

Here are the Post it Note Holders:



I  learned a few things making them.  It took me to 10 of them, to have the process perfected.  I used lots of paper stash.  The biggest decision was matching printed paper to a solid color paper.
At first I used flowers like in the tutorial for the fronts, but the last half, I used a SU! die, and stamped a sentiment. Then I got the idea to add buttons.  I have a ton of those.  Anyway it was a fun process, and kept me busy for several days.  Oh, and matching up the magnets, was fun. LOL


I am a little late getting this post, as I was at a ladies potluck at our church tonight. In fact I took photos so I would have an entry ticket to our T Party; T Stands For Tuesday over at Bleubeard's & Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover.  We just post a drink related post and link to her post.  A big T party!
You are welcome to join us!

Here are photo of our decorations. I don't have anything to do with the decorations, but one of our ladies does a beautiful job.  And, Elizabeth, this first one is for you!



That is my 3 layer Christmas jello at the main food table.



My Tea at the bottom.

The drink station.



Happy T Day!  Thank you for stopping by.

17 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, wow that is allot of post it notes you made-that's awesome and I know everyone that gets one will love them.
    enjoyed all the festive decorations-loving the rocking horse especially
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pretty post-it note holders. The festive decorations at your dinner were beautiful, sounds like you had a great evening. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your post it holders!!!
    Beautiful!
    As the rocking horse! Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your Thanksgiving decorations and wow, that's a lot of post it note holders! The way you matched the papers and added the buttons is amazing and I can quite imagine matching up the magnets was fun too ...lol 😉. It looks like you had a wonderful time at the Church festivities, those decorations look so beautiful 😁. I'd love to try some of the jelly (jello) that you made - yum! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely Thanksgiving decorations. Mine are still around but it's time to move on to the next holiday decorating. Your Post It books turned out so pretty!! I used to make them as gifts using felt paper and origami papers. And mine didn't have such cute buttons, just a tab with velcro. I know I still have some cut book board(somewhere) to make even more if I so choose:) Cute Christmas decorations on the tables. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- you have been a really busy lady. Decorating and making all those post-it notes holders. The shut in baskets sound like a really nice and good thing, and I am impressed with all your work. Your Thanksgiving decorations look fantastic too, but I be they are down by now. Happy T day Sharon-hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Thanksgiving decorations. And that is so thoughtful to make gifts for the shut ins. I like all of the Christmas decorations, especially the rocking horse. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use a cornucopia for Autumn and Thanksgiving, too. I love your seasonal decorations. The post-it note pad holders are a great idea. I've never seen anything like that, and I'd think they'd be quite useful as well as attractive. Those decorations at your church gathering certainly are festive. I love those red trees! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do I begin? YOU have been really busy. The post-it note holders are beautiful. You spent a LOT of time and stash making those. It shows how sweet you are to do this for strangers.

    Your Thanksgiving decorations were lovely. I really like the way you decorated for your home. Love the candle holders!

    I really enjoyed seeing the tables at your potluck. You know my heart skipped a beat when I saw that rocking horse, because I don't have one like it. It's a beauty.

    Lots of drinks at that table and I saw your tea, too. BTW, I had NO idea people still eat jello. Seriously. I haven't had jello in about 10 years.

    Thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving decs, your post-it note makes, your table settings at the pot luck, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely holiday spread at your church pot lot. Your layer jello cake looks yummy!
    And I really enjoyed seeing the cards you made for the baskets. That must have been quite a bit of work. I am looking forward to seeing the completed baskets as I am looking for ideas. Our ladies group at church just formed and we are starting out small. We just finished our first project..sending out boxes to the college students for Thanksgiving. These baskets sound perfect for Christmas.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. The post-it note holders are so pretty. I'm sure they will be very much appreciated along with the other goodies in the basket. Your church gathering looks like a lovely event. Everything looks so festive. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. The post it note holders look lovely and a really good idea.
    I enjoyed seeing all the photos, your Thanksgiving decorations looked lovely.
    The pot luck meal at your church sounds a lovely way to spend time with friends, the tables were decorated beautifully.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sharon, I’ve already commented once but it disappeared and then we had to collect GS.
    Your note holders are really lovely, you really have been working hard. I wish I had taken photos of the Thanksgiving decorations at our sons, our DIL loves them and has them everywhere, even toiletries and the same at Halloween, she already had the big tree up before we left, giant snowman outside the front door
    A late Happy T day, not enough hours in the day while our GS is at kindergarten, it’s full on when a three year old is around
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many wonderful decorations and your post-it note holders are fabulous! This is my favorite time of year. The joy, beauty, kindnesses and waiting for the birth just change the world for a few days. Isn't it divine?

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm late as it is and now I have also realized my comment has never got through. Oh well, better late than never.
    I wanted to say that those note holders are gorgeous. Each will make somebody very happy. Who are you going to give them to? A charity? And of course I have no idea what 'shut-ins' are....
    The decorations at your church dinner are beautiful. So much work has gone into that. I like it that you photographed the rocking horse for our T-Day hostess.
    Your jelly looks very interesting. I have never seen it made this way, cut into squares.
    Sorry I'm late, but happy (belated) T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lisca, great questions! it is a jello salad/ dessert, not jelly. And, shut ins are our church members who can no longer get out much, or have to have people come get them and bring them to church. It is our church who will deliver the baskets to the individuals. We each (our ladies ministries) and deliver those near of us, some of them that live near us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you have been having tons of fun. The Post It note holders are fabulous and a lovely idea to add to the baskets for the shut ins. All the party decorations are lovely and glad you all had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.