Monday, September 23, 2019

T Stands For Time Going Too Quickly!

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness" PS. 30:11 Memory verse for Week 6 of Revive Our  Hearts Esther Bible study.



How does, TSFT  come so quickly every week?  I am not ready!  In fact I have spent my morning, after my 3 mile walk, ( it was a most gorgeous morning) looking first for  my driver's license and next, directions to a friend's house.
After at least an hour, the second time through my purse, I found the driver's license right where it was supposed to be, only stuck to the back of my Kohl's card.  After, at least a couple more hours, I found the directions, in my address book ( right where they s/b)!  By now, I thought I was doing pretty good: walk, breakfast, (baked oatmeal & cinnamon toast at hubby's request), found two supposedly lost items.
Then I remembered, my blog post was not ready!  So, appropriately, here I sit with my cup of Lemon lift tea, trying to remember what I did this week, that I can show you. I played with a  Gelli plate print and took some photo of it and the card I made with it, and already mailed. I think she should have it by now, in case she stops in.

1. Die cut a mask of a shape you want to use.
2. Lay it over a gel print.  I used one on which I had done with several different stencils.
3. Paint with drk color acrylic paint over the whole thing.
4. Remove mask.
5. Cut panel and make card.
6. I also, now have a navy dragonfly to use.
I think it is pretty the way the gel print shows through the wings of the dragonfly. 

 If you go to the Mix ability challenge on SCS on my sidebar you can find a tutorial for this by Understand Blue for what she calls Faux Reductive Technique.


Here I cut it down and put on a white card base (Recollections 110 lb) and added a die cut Happy Birthday, which was gifted me.  I don't actually have the die, but a friend sent me some.


That is what I did last  week as far as being crafty. I forgot to show photos of my anniversary from the third.  We went out to eat at one of our favorite comfort food places, and also visited a Vets Memorial Walk.  I think my camera quit working, because I can't find the photos I took!  But here is one I took at home of my anniversary roses, my hubby surprised me with a few days before.  There were twelve, but by the time I took this, some were gone.  Evidently, red ones don't last as long as the peach, yellow, and pink, because they are the ones that drooped first. 




I hope you liked the technique.  I love trying new to me techniques.
I wish the T Gang over at Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover a wonderful TSFT! Head over there is you don't know what T Stands For Tuesday is all about.  Join the tea party if you want too; you can even have coffee or any other beverage you like.

Thank you for stopping by.

16 comments:

  1. I love your die cut dragonfly and the birthday card you made with it using your gelli plate, Sharon.

    Belated happy anniversary! How nice that he still brings you flowers.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a lazy slug when I read about your 3-mile walk. I don't know why I don't get out there and _walk_ :( Happy Belated Birthday/Anniversary! and Happy T Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dragonfly and enjoyed reading about your crafts-Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a fabulous card, and the dragonfly is incredible. Someone is going to have a good birthday. That was a unique technique, too.

    Wonderful anniversary flowers, Sharon. Stunning beauties. Happy belated anniversary, too. I also have been to the Vets Memorial Park, but only saw a few selections since it was incredibly hot the day the young people and I were there earlier this year.

    You keep talking about going to Watermark, and I need to visit Doo Dah. Thanks for sharing your card, your lovely roses, and your drin from Doo Dah with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a lucky lady to get those gorgeous roses Sharon. Those are real beauties. Glad you found everything you needed to find, and managed to oin us this week for T. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use your gelli prints. I always forget about my die machine. I should use it more often. Your card is very pretty!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a fun technique, love what you created. Glad you enjoyed our anniversary roses. I am always 'losing' and finding things, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That´s a beautiful card, I hope the recipient does value it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a beautiful dragon fly and card you created. I hardly ever use my die machine either these days, so must think about that.

    Your anniversary roses looked lovely and you must have been relieved when you found the missing items.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy visiting you to find out what new technique you are trying out each week, thanks for sharing and I love how the gelli print came out with the dragonfly - so beautiful 😁. I have days like that too, can't find things even though they are right where they should be ...lol 😉. Happy anniversary, it sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating! Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely artwork and photo. The weeks do seem to be flying by. I can't believe September is almost over. I always enjoy hearing what projects you've been working on, when I visit on Tuesday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, you have gremlins in your house! Gremlins take thing and then giggle while you run around crazy looking for them. When you turn around, they put the item back just where you first looked and where you knew the item should be! Your dragonfly and card are very pretty. Sweet that your hubby got your flowers. Happy Anniversary and Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beautiful with that dragonfly. The die cut sentiment looks wonderful against that dark blue background. Nicely done. Thanks for sharing the technique. I think it may be time for me to play with my gelli plate again. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, the dragonfly card is beautiful.
    How lovely that hubby got you a bunch of roses. They are still the most romantic flower.
    I had to giggle about your misplacing and looking for items. I do this all the time, so I am glad I am retired as it takes up half the day sometimes.
    I'm sorry I am late in commenting. We've been away camping on the coast and there was no wifi on the campsite.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated Anniversary Sharon !! woww those roses from your husband are really beautiful !! You´d have for sure a great T-day and celebration!!
    I love your dragonfly card !! it´s fantastic, this technique es fabulous, thanks so much for sharing.
    I wish you a very nice Friday, and send big hugss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated anniversary. It sounds like you enjoyed your special day. You did a fabulous job with your card creation. Such talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.