Monday, September 30, 2019

T Stands for Time for Scrapbook Retreat Again!

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness" PS. 30:11 Memory verse for Week 6 of Revive Our  Hearts Esther Bible study.

I had a busy week last week and another coming up.  Almost forgot it is time to post for TSFT!  I love to join the tea party every week, but it sure comes around quickly!

I played with my Gelle plate back in August making prints with 3-d objects, instead of stencils.  Not pictured are some prints I made with a golf ball! LOL  I thought I had a photo, but can't find it.  You just put acrylic paint on your plate and then make a pattern randomly with an object. Then put your paper on for prints.  I love doing this!  I get many great backgrounds!  



So here s a card I made with the print on which I used the golf ball.  I thought it was so pretty I didn't want to cover it up!  I used a Downton Abby frame die on it, and then added a Happy Birthday 
die cut on it.  I tried to match the cardstock to the paint used.  The cardstock is Kiwi Kiss and Bermuda Bay from Stampin' Up and the the white base is from Michaels, 110 lb. Recollections White.





I have been packing up for another Scrapbook Retreat this week-end to a town near here, but far enough away to be getting a way! :)  Thursday thru Sunday.  I am taking several projects to work on; Christmas gifts, Scrapbook, and maybe some cards, too.
What is nice about the getaway, is our hostess prepares all the meals!  All I have to do is visit with the other 11 participants, craft, go walking if I want!  Very nice!  And I usually come back with lots of finished projects, too.  



I have packed up my craft items, and my cup too.  4 bags, my ikea tray and what is on it.
Then, a small bag of clothes, another tv tray, oh, and my laptop, phones, iPad, camera, a bag of snacks, night clock, fan, my electric tea kettle,  oh, my goodness, the list goes on and on.
When I leave, my car will be full!  You would think I was moving!  But when I get there, I am always amazed that others take at least 4 times more than I take.  I mean some even take extra tables!  You just want to make sure you have what you need, when you need it.  Oh, and sometimes we even make Walmart runs for something we ran out of , or Walgreens to print photos.  I have mine printed, but if I need another one or two, I have my Cannon Selphy printer, which I didn't list above! LOL   Let's join Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday.  Or almost! ;)


I wish you all a great week!  Happy T Day to the T gang!  Thank you for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and backgrounds, Sharon. Have a wonderful time at your getaway. It sure sounds to me like you have everything you could possibly need. So it's hard for me to believe that other people bring even more! I look forward to seeing what you create.


    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I need to check out that technique with the plates-enjoy our getaway sounds fun Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad you like your gelli. I can't get into mine. I wanted one so badly, then the first time I used it, I hated it. I've only used it twice in about four years. I'm scared of it with my long fingernails that could nick it. I DO love the way you used the golf balls. That's a clever idea and it made great backgrounds.

    You have a TON of products you are taking, but I know you will have a lot to show when you are finished. It's a good way to be motivated and make all those dreaded Christmas cards while you are away, too. It's good that you are able to drive, because I would hate to think of you trying to fly with all that stuff (grin).

    Did you go to the Senior Expo? Sally invited me to go as her advocate, so of course I was delighted. I really wanted to see the new carousel at Botanica, too. We went to the library because neither of us had ever been, and then Botanica. By then, Sally was very tired, so we skipped WAM. She got lots of "swag." I went through the lines with her at the library, but skipped them at Botanica. I can't believe all the literature they were pushing off on people. I swear the number of trees that were killed to make the paper for this one event was mind boggling.

    Looks like you will definitely be ready for having your daily tea on the trip. I can't make it without my coffee, so I can understand your wanting to take your tea paraphernalia, too. Thanks for sharing your gelli plate papers, your beautiful card, and your items you are packing for the weekend with us for T this week. Sounds like you will have fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty card Sharon. I just finished a 30 day Gelli Plate Challenge on Instagram with lots of fun techniques which I will start posting soon on the blog:)
    How fun to have another artsy gathering and getaway-enjoy, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous card! Have BIG fun at your retreat, I know it's hard to decide what to take and what to leave at home, so you just take everything! I even used to take my own coffee maker when I went to such events! Happy T day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card! I love how you used the gelli prints and die cuts - perfect 😁. Have a lovely time with your friends at the retreat, I would want to take everything with me too and I can't wait to see what you make! Wishing you a lovely week and Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a lovely card you created. Have a wonderful time at your craft retreat, it sounds like you have a long list of things to take and pack. Its good to craft with friends.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I posted my recipe for the apple crisp in comments under Linda's request for the recipe-on the T post-enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. These retreats sound so enjoyable :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was such an enjoyable post to read. I could feel your enthusiasm for your upcoming retreat. And I can relate to packing lots of stuff for a few day trip. I was in Ikea recently and saw that tray that you have: I was tempted to get one, but I wasn't sure where I would put it. But it looked like a great storage item. (Seeing yours is making me try to figure out where I can fit one here.) The retreat sounds like a fun, relaxing time. I like the card you made. That was a clever idea to use a 3d object, instead of the usual stencils (or sponges). Hopefully you'll get a lot more cards made during the retreat. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look like you had lots of fun making Gelli prints. They look super. And you mentioned in the comment on my post about going to Panera. Your meal sounds delicious. I would have that. I really like Panera and those crunch bagels-yum! Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your backgrounds are wonderful and I had to smile at the names of the colors. I would love to have that job naming colors. Sounds like you will have a great time at your retreat. Isn't it amazing what people bring? Have fun and I hope you'll share what you did. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card. That die cut on the front is so pretty.
    I bet you will have so much fun at your retreat! I can't imagine anyone packing light for a retreat. One never knows what they might need.
    Have fun!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful- the gelli plate technique you used looks great! I hope you get as much done as you plan to on your weekend away- I hardly get anything done when I go to the WOYWW crop - too much time spent catching up - I'm not the only one either! Have a great time! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful card Sharon!! I loove this so beautiful background created with the gelli, fantastic ! I´m sure you´ll spend a very nice time these days, and you´ll show us many beauties when you come back. Enjoy!
    I wish you a very nice Friday, full of creativity
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.