Monday, August 19, 2019

T Stands for Time for Crafting

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but... against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12
                  (Week 3 Scripture Memory for Revive Our Hearts Esther Bible study)


Now that the big project of 39 challenges for Dare To Get Dirty is over for another year, I have been trying to concentrate on scrapbooking again.  I am so far behind. We have scrapbooking challenges on Splitcoaststampers, too.  In case you don't know by now, I spend a lot of time on the Splitcoaststampers community.  There is so much inspiration on there for whatever you do, cards, scrapbooking, art journaling, Bible journaling, and all kinds of other 3-D projects.  Plus there are so many chat forums, tutorials, swaps, and just friends on there.  Between that and blogging, I have made so many cyber friends!  I am talking about you!  :)

Today, I will show you what I have been scrapping:



I used a lot of stash for these pages, that has been in my stash for more years than you can imagine.
That giant ampersand is from a plastic drawer of chip wood letters, as was the WSU letters.  Only, the ampersand is sponged with Pistachio Oxide ink.  The panel under the photo and the TH die cut letters are also sponged with that oxide ink.  I thought it matched that scrap of ampersand paper I found in my stash! The camera, ice cream cones, and brad were from a kit I got at Scrap Expo last Summer, from Scrap That.  

  I didn't ever finish showing you photos of my Colorado trip.  This is the day we actually went into Rocky Mountain National Park.  Here is a selfie of us.




We were going to go hike around Bear Lake, but the all the parking lots in that direction were already filled, and they were turning away tourists from going any further in that direction.   Don't go in July, as that is their busiest month.  We usually go in May or September, and had never run into this problem before.  So, we went another way and visited the Alluvial Falls which we never had done, before.  We walked the Alluvial Fan Trail, which is noted as Easy.  It was, but hard enough for us.  





A dam break is what caused all of the debris.  The boulders are huge that you walk around, some as big as cars.








Because I am joining Bleubeard & Elizabeth over at Altered
Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday, I am posting this photo.  We may join her and other bloggers for TSFT is  we post a drink related item in our post. :)


We ate at the Other Side Restaurant at Estes Park, when we came down out of RMNP that day.
Hubby had a club sandwich and I had their wonderful special of strawberry & shrimp salad.  You can see, I pushed aside the cucumbers because they don't agree with me, and I forgot to tell them to hold them. We also had our water in a lovely decanter and fancy glasses, and I had homemade rolls with my salad. 


Thank you for stopping by for a look.  Happy T Day and have a great week.

17 comments:

  1. Every time I see our mascot, a shock of wheat, I have to laugh. He's certainly tall next to you.

    See the journaling (I believe that's what it's called) on your page? That's what turns me off to scrapbooking. Well, that and the formulaic way scrapbook pages are put together. I don't mind journaling. I mind referring to myself in third person. These WERE lovely pages, though and they were well put together, too.

    Goodness those are BIG boulders. It looks like a fun trail and hike, too.

    Your salad looks wonderful. I'll gladly eat your cukes. They are SO refreshing. I love shrimp, but I didn't see any strawberries. And water in those stemmed water glasses shows this is a nice addition and touch. Thanks for sharing your scrapbook pages, your hike in Estes Park, and your salad and water with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    BTW, we'll just have to agree to disagree on Cholita's being so great. I always have to ask them to not put that nasty red sauce on my chilies, and their rice is not nearly as good as La Chinita's. Then there's Reyes with their buffet every day. I guess it's all in what we prefer, but I agree I'll take Cholita's over Margarita's any day. And I refuse to go to Taco Bell, even though it's in my neighborhood.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scrapbook pages. What a beautiful looking place to visit- love all the natural beauty. Your salad sounds so good. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky Mountain NP is on my list and I enjoyed seeing your photos. I will remember about not going in July. And nice to see your scrapbooking pages. They looks super. And that is the perfect hot day meal. Happy T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in that area back in the late '70s and loved it. I think most of the parks are really busy June through august but glad you were able to still take a hike. food looks delicious too Happy scrapbooking and T day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving your scrapbook pages! The colours and designs are fabulous and showcase your photos beautifully, it's a lovely way to capture those memories 😁. That's such a lovely selfie of you both too! The views and landscape from your Colorado trip are wonderful too! Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super scrapbook pages and your photos all look amazing. \the scenery is fantastic, you must have many memories stored from that trip away.
    Happy T day wishes.
    YVonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a scrapbook when I was a child, and my daughter was very "into" scrapbooking in its modern incarnation but has moved to more virtual Facebook and Instagram styles of memory-keeping. I am always impressed by all the scrapbook support there is at Michael's -aisle after aisle, and all of it so tempting :)

    I'm sorry you didn't get to go where you intended but happy for you that you explored a new-to-you spot.

    The food looks delicious! Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scrap pages are wonderful. And those photos from your Colorado trip are fantastic. I would love to be able to take pics there, wow! Sorry it's so hot and humid over there, it's warming up again here, too, but I'm hoping it won't be as bad as the last BIG heat. Your salad looks great, too, yummy! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layouts are lovely! How wonderful that you have found a forum that creates such inspiration for you. It sounds like a great place to visit often.
    Your pictures of Colorado are beautiful. We have been there only twice but we love it there and are hoping for many more visits.
    Your meal looks very yummy!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great scrapbook pages to capture memories. Beautiful photos of the mountains. The Rocky Mountains are really quite rocky. Luncj looks delicious. I like the pairing of shrimp with strawberry. I’ve never had that combination before. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your scrapbook pages. The mascot looks friendly. Great photos from your trip. The sky is stunningly blue, and the mountains are awe inspiring. (I've never been there.) The Alluvial Falls photos look good, but the story behind it is scary. I like the rock cairns. Your food looks delicious. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharon! Your scrapbook pages are just as fun as I remember them. Talk about a coincidence, because my wife and I are on our way to Colorado tomorrow! We've been looking forward to it for a while, plus we'll spend a little time in Santa Fe, NM, on our way up and back. Thanks for your visit to my blog and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layouts on your scrapbook pages. I love seeing all of your photos and reading about your adventures. I feel like I'm taking a vacation with you. Your photographs are so professional. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your scrapbook pages look really great. Not many people scrapbook nowadays and I am way behind with mine, doing only a few pages a year. I started scrapbooking to be able to scrap my faith journey, but once I got into it, it became a memory keeping thing. (Note to self: must do more scrapbooking in future).
    Your photos of Colorado are beautiful. And it was interesting to read the story about the flood. The flood debris is impressive. I love the little cairns that people made.
    Your salad looks really nice, but I wonder why it was called a strawberry salad. There is not a strawberry in sight.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for mentioning that Splitcoaststampers also has a lot of art journaling and Bible journaling (which I haven't done yet, but am interested in). I need to take another look!

    Great scrapbook layouts. It always feel good to use up some stash too. What is that mascot weird creature?

    Beautiful photos of your trip in Rocky Mountain National Park. Climbing around those boulders was considered easy?

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Layouts are really Gorgeous Sharon !! Love those designs, love every detail. Your photographs are wonderful, Colorado may be so beautiful to visit. Enjoy your Holidays.
    These meals may be delicious. Happy belated T-day!
    I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your scrapbook pages Sharon! Your photos look great - it looks a really interesting place to walk and that lovely Magritte sky too! your salad looks yummy! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.