Monday, January 21, 2019

T Stands For Tag Tuesday

2 Co 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:  old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."


Hi everyone!  I am trying again to schedule a post.  I scheduled it, saved it and hit done.  It shows it is scheduled.  We will see!  Big smile.  Well, it didn't post, I had to publish it!

Today I am submitting a tag for Tag Tuesday and the theme is Mail, or postmarks or postage stamps.
Here is mine:


 The title is computer generated on white cardstock,then I applied Antique Linen Distress Ink with a blender sponge.  I stamped with the postage from SU! Postage Due stamp set with Saffron & Sandalwood acid free dye ink.  I then flicked Gold silk from Fun Stampers Journey on the whole thing and then sprayed with  Bright Gold Memories Mists.  IRL, it really glimmers but don't know if you can catch that in the photo!  I put this on a Sage Shadow cardstock that I had embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder, and also applied the inks to it. I guess I should say I did all the flicks and sprays after I put the two together.  I punched a hole and put the green cord on it.  






I am not one just to make a tag for sake of making a tag.  I decided to make this the title for my scrapbook layout I was working on.  That is why I used the postage stamp with a car on it, kind of goes with my page. :)  Thanks to Sandie for the challenge and inspiration!


If you can't read the journaling, it is the following: 

At a garage sale I found this beautiful shelf for only $5.00, perfect for storage of my DVD cases of stamps. We tried to put it in the trunk, but it wouldn’t fit. We tried getting it in the backseat. They told me to move the front seat up as far as it would go, which I did. It wasn’t going in, so a young man offered to take it in his pick up. Just as I said yes, someone said it is in! Great! I thanked everyone, and drove home with my great $5.00 purchase! At home, I could not get it out by myself. Larry and I tried, but he said it is not coming out of there!

My friend Kelly, who was coming that week, said she could get it out as she was good with those kinds of things. When Kelly came we tried again. She agreed that thing was not coming out of there. What everyone couldn’t believe, was if it went in, it should come out! Not so. After driving around for a couple of weeks with it in my backseat, Larry took pity on me and said we would take it apart to get it out. That shelf was so well made and gorgeous wood, didn’t have a nail in it. It was groove and tongue. Larry finally had to just tear it up to get it out! We just threw it a way! What a shame! But it was only $5.00!

I absolutely had to make a page about this adventure!



This was our Thanksgiving dinner for just the two of us. I take all these food photo now for Elizabeth, and sometimes forget to use them.  This is why this one is late!  We had the works, dressing, sweet and mashed potatoes, croissant rolls, turkey, green bean casserole, corn, and I am sure salad of some kind, but not pictured.  And I had my hot tea!  Even though it is just two of us a lot of the time, we still do the whole shebang! 

Happy Tea Day, everyone, and happy crafting!
Thank you for stopping by!  I love reading what everyone has to say!

20 comments:

  1. very nice tag, especially the border! sorry about the shelf though. glad you continue to celebrate thanksgiving even with just the two of you! thanks for playing along at tag tuesday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to find a great shelf for just $5. I am glad you shared the story as I was wondering about the $5 tag. And it looks like a great Thanksgiving meal. Now that my daughter has moved out we've had just the 2 of us for dinner a year ago. The quiet isn't so bad. That squash is a favorite of mine. Yum. Happy T day Sharon. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag and a great layout, but such a shame the shelf didn't make it! But, it did make for a great story!
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great use of your tag. Love that you documented your purchase.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad about the shelf. I am pretty good at getting things out of hard places. Just ask my foodie friend Sally. Too bad you couldn't call me, but it made a great story, a beautiful tag, and a fun scrapbook page, too.

    I love that set of dishes and matching silver. I was also impressed you had a matching tea bag holder. I'm really hungry, now because Thanksgiving is my favorite meal of the year. Thanks for sharing your art and your meal and tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo os your food has made me hungry! LOVE that gorgeous tag you made for us at Tag Tuesday, thanks so much for joining us, too. The journal page is great, too, sorry about the shelf, what a shame! After you have scheduled the post, and clicked 'done', you need to click on publish, and it should then publish at the scheduled time! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about that! I can’t wait to try it! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. The tag is beautiful and I love the way that you used it as something special. So often tags get forgotten and put in a drawer.

    The meal looks wonderful as well

    Have a great T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag and great story about the shelf. It's a shame you couldn't get it back out of the car, after it managed to go in. And your Thanksgiving meal looked delicious. Happy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use Word Press and my scheduled posts don't post when scheduled either, Sharon. I wonder what in the word the word "scheduld" means to computer programmers.

    Beautiful tag. I can see the gold shimmer in the second photo, in fact in all o thee photos if I enlarge them. Very pretty.

    What a shame! But it makes a great story. Even though, as you said, it makes no sense. Maybe the wood swelled in you back seat (grin).

    Hubby and I always do the whole shebang for holiday meals too. WE honor long family traditions and relish the memories and special tastes like my mom's turkey stuffing for thanksgiving and his mom's pierogies for Easter.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  10. great tat and page that it went on.
    wow that is a shame not to be able to get that vintage piece out of your car and strange too lol thanks for sharing the story
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked the story of the shelf you shared in this post. It is a great memory page for you to note what happened to the shelf, it did look a super size and lovely wood.
    Your tag also looked great.
    Your Thanksgiving dinner looked delicious and I'm sure you both must have enjoyed the meal.
    Happy T day wishes Sharon.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your page layout is very nice. And I really like the tag that you made for it. I love finding a good deal, especially on furniture.
    Your thanksgiving meal looks delicious. That's great that you went all out even though it was just the two of you! It doesn't feel like Thanksgiving with out all the fixings.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, the Thanksgiving meal is such good food that it's hardly right to quit having it because the numbers eating it are fewer than they used to be. I think of the leftovers :) Happy T Tuesday and fond memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous tag and page! It's a shame the shelf didn't make it in the end but your page captures your shelf adventure beautifully 😀. Your Thanksgiving meal looks delicious - yum! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! What a sad tale! It definitely deserves a page to record it's glory and it's demise! Your Thanksgiving meal looks delicious and I think it's good to carry on the tradition even if its just the two of you! Happy T day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super Tag..I like the postmarks under the cash symbol
    Thank you so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday.
    Re scheduling your post, don't hit "done"... you must hit the "publish" tab instead.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it was nice to read the story (the tag is perfect for that)... but what a pity the shelf was to be destroyed in the end. a good entry for a scrapbook! happy belated t-day:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adventure and I love the layout and especially the tag Sharon! Sorry that the shelf didn't make it in the end! Happy super belated T-Day my friend!
    Have a great Sunday and a good start into the new week!
    Big hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sharon. This time your comment came through on my blog. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work using your iPad. I always publish the comments I get, other than the spam (which is why I'm forced to use moderation.) Also, if you're still having trouble scheduling posts, let me know if I can help in any way. I schedule some of mine, logged in via Firefox on my laptop, and they always work. I hope to see you again this coming T-Day! (I don't know what I'll be posting. I'll probably stage another scene with "Teddy" doing something while he drinks a beverage.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.