Tuesday, October 16, 2018

T Stands for Too Lazy to Post!

Lamentations  3: 22 It is of the Lord 's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  & 23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.





I am joining the T gang after a couple of weeks off!  Just too lazy, I think to take time to post!  I think today for the T gang, I will post some more photos from our Maine trip.  I am interested in old cemeteries and this one was near one of the  motels we stayed at.  I took a walk through it to get my steps.

 I like to look at the dates, and these were all quite old.



 I liked the fence around these stones.


 And, I am not sure of the significance of these  balls, just to be ornate, I guess.


Below are photos of another place where we ate in Maine.  I loved the décor and food; we had lobster rolls again!  Love them!


 When I was taking a photo of this bear, someone offered to take my photo with the bear!  I declined! LOL

 Loved this definition of what a fisherman is!

 I took a photo of the  name of the restaurant as we left, but we didn't stay at Baits Motel! 

I forgot to take a beverage photo when we were at the restaurant, so I am showing you a teapot card I made several years ago.  I found this photo in my archives, the card was given to someone a long time ago!  I love making tea related cards.  This was using a favorite old tri teapot stamp I have and the background was stamped with an older SU! stamp and the die was punched with a SU! boarder punch. I even did some paper piercing on this card!   That is my drink related post for T Stands for Tuesday over at Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover.  



Nice to see you all again!  Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. I love old cemeteries and the symbolism behind the motifs. An orb represents the soul. The bear and Bait's Motel made me smile. Lovely card for T Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos from Maine. I love visiting old cemeteries, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice save with the tea card- really beautiful! I love wandering thru cemeteries and reading the dates and such too. Thanks for making me hungry for a lobster roll now too:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your tour through the old cemetery and am jealous you got to have lobster rolls again! lol. Very cute tea card.

    Happy T-day, Sharon Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super photos, it is really interesting to walk through cemeteries.
    I had a smile at the Fishermans sign and that bear was a super statue,
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon, we very often pass the military cemetery here in San Francisco, makes me sad that so many lives have been lost but at the same times amazes me that all the headstones are in line whichever way you look at them and so neat.
    Love the tea card, Lobster isn’t my favourite, prefer shrimp sandwiches from boudins!
    Can’t join in as I can’t get my photo into my post on my iPhone!!
    Happy Tuesday Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the photos from the old cemeteries-I enjoy seeing those.
    loved the fisherman sign and bear-are really love your tea card-it's really nice.
    I don't know much about computers either-I just want them to work lol
    Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos! I love Maine too and oh those lobster rolls are amazing, aren't they - yum 😁. We haven't been home long and I'm missing Maine already ...lol 😉. Wishing you the happiest of T Days! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your Maine photos. Maine is great state and I always enjoy visiting. I live in New Hampshire and only about 20 minutes from the Maine border so we often pop over. I think you had a wonderful trip and I'm glad you shared some of it for T day. Hope it was a happy one. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. i could spend hours on old cemeteries. in fact i try to go there alone, as i´m sure everybody else would be bored if it takes me so much time to go into all the details on the gravestones...
    happy t-day:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I apologize for being so late, but the electricity on my block went out many hours ago just as I was commenting on Lisca’s post. So anyone who linked after Eileen gets this apology message.

    I LOVE those photos. You said yours weren't that good, but I enjoyed them. There are lots of orbs in various cemeteries and CJ is correct. They signify the soul. As an undergrad, I took an independent study class and photographed and wrote about various cemeteries. I love them and am fascinated by how different they all are.

    I dislike it when I'm taking photos and someone comes up and offers to take mine with whatever I'm photographing. I tell everyone I'm the one behind the camera, never in front. But I had to laugh at the bear and the thought of you in the photo.

    Baits (Bates) Motel? LOVED IT! Got a kick out of the jerk, too. Thanks for sharing your trip to Maine, your card, and your lobster roll with us for T this Tuesday that is now Wednesday. BTW, how did you find the food prices in Maine?

    Mulligan's is on your side of town and the Bakery is southeast. I can get you addresses if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might have told you before, but I also love old cemiteries. Thank you for sharing those interesting Stone. No, I have no idea what the balls signify.
    I chuckled at the fisherman's definition and liked the bear Fisher too.
    Your tea elated card is lovely. I too keep images of the cards I make on my computer.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great grave stones - they are so special! The Fishermans sign is so fun and that bearis a thrilling statue,
    Happy T day wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun images of the restaurant, and the Bait's Motel made me smile! Your tea card is so pretty - very appropriate! happy belated T day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! I love a good cemetery! I must say I wouldn't want to stay at the Baits hotel - how funny!! A very belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is beautiful with those tea pots as the focal point. Looks like you had a wonderful trip to Maine. And I bet the food was amazing.
    Happy Belated Tea day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.