Monday, September 3, 2018

T Stands for Trip to Maine

Welcome to my blog today, on my 52nd wedding anniversary!  We took what you could call an anniversary  trip last week, the reason I didn't take part in TSFT.  We visited our son in Maine. We flew to Portland Maine, then rented a car to drive up the coast, and then inland to see our son.  He then took us up in the mountains and to Moosehead Lake, the largest lake in Maine.  Although we tasted lobster rolls for the first time, and visited lighthouses, and stayed on the seashore,  our main mission was to visit with our son.  He has a lovely cabin with a gorgeous view of a pond, wildflowers, and wildlife.  It was the first time for us to see it.   He was an excellent host and tour guide!  He even took us up on the Appalachian Trail, which was on my bucket list. Our son has hiked both ways as a thru hiker and again in sections, for a total of three times.  I had walked it virtually on Walking4Fun which is on my sidebar.  But this made me want to actually set foot on it!

The good news is that I should have enough photos for awhile for T Stands for Tuesday over at Bleubeared & Elizabeths at Altered Book Lover.  Elizabeth is our wonderful hostess for Tuesdays where we post a drink related post.


So today, to begin with I am showing you our first meal on our first day.
I think you can see the corner of my husband's water glass.  But I had to take photo of our appetizer, because it was served with a orchid, and missed getting our drink in!  And then I forgot to take a photo of our scrumptious lobster rolls.  Wonderful buttery soft rolls with large chunks of lobster with a little mayo, and no other fillers.



This is the outside of where we ate in Ducktrap, Maine.


We ate in the little screened in addition in the back on the water.  It was so relaxing listening to the waves and being outside while we ate.

We didn't stop here, but had to get a photo of this giant lobster!  We had seen it on the way, and I wasn't ready with the camera, but made sure to get it on the way back!

This was our view from where we stayed in Belfast Maine on Penobscot Bay, after our visit with our son.


Oh, I did get a drink in a photo!  Every room in this inn has a view of the sea!  First thing I did was walk down to the water's edge!  Lovely view from this chair!



I watched the sailboats and even got some photos of people on kayaks.  Maybe I will find those for next time!

I will save some for another time.  I only took over a hundred photos, and was only gone 6 days! LOL

But I have done some crafting since I came back.  I also wanted to join Art Journal Journey this month for their theme A World of Fantasy. I had asked Elizabeth if I could submit a 12x12  scrapbook page entry, and she said I could.  I do want to get into journaling but right now am behind on my scrapbooking for the year.  So, most of today I worked on this layout.  The fantasy part is that the mural at the Nature center that I am standing in front of in the photo on the layout shows all of theses animals you might see.  My friend and I walked the trails, and we saw plenty of birds, thus the bird in red so it stands out, but  I don't believe we saw anything else.  So, that is the fantasy!  Maybe a stretch.  But it did inspire this layout.  Also, it inspired the title, you know the fairy tale musical, Into the Woods?  The journaling will be on a companion page of another walk with my friend.  Right now, I can't locate those photos!   I am going to link this up at  Art Journal Journey.




I used Heidi Swap  Art Screen ink through a TCW Aspen Trees stencil. Tried to show you the texture.




I used TH letter dies for the title and the animal dies were gifted me. I sponged them with Baha Breeze ink from SU! ( except for the bird)



I inked up a stamp from Lovely as a Tree from SU! with Mossy Meadow and then spritzed with water before stamping on the page.


Thanks for stopping by.  Waving to the T Gang!  I hope you all have a great Tea Day!

20 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, dear Sharon. Your scrap book page is adorable, and yes, it's definitely a fantasy that you can share with us at Art Journal Journey. SO glad you joined us and it's a great first entry. I hope to see more over time, too.

    I've never had a lobster roll, so I am glad you explained what they were. Your appetizer looks good, and I saw the glass, too. Of course, I also so the big M cup you shared at the water's edge. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos with us for T this Tuesday. Also LOVED the photo of the lobster. That was a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Your trip looks like it was a blast. That giant lobster had me laughing out loud!!
    Lovely scrapbook page.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your photos from Maine Sharon. And how cool that your son has walked the Appalachian trail 3 times. That is is huge accomplishment. And I had to look up Ducktrap because I had never heard of it, but I do know Belfast just a little bit so then it all made sense to me. You certainly covered a lot of ground, and sounds like you had a great time-and finally got to try a lobster roll. I enjoyed your post. Have a great T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary. Your trip looks fabulous, and how wonderful to be able to walk the Appalachian trail, or at least a part of it. That huge lobster is scary! Your food looks wonderful. Beautiful journal page, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, congratulations on your 52nd anniversary, your photos are great, looks so lovely, I love being by the sea! We tried a lobster roll on our first visit to Boston, it said with chips and we were disappointed to find what we call crisps, not fries!
    You will certainly have enough photos to choose from for your pages and I love the scrap book page, you certainly didn’t waste any time getting back into it after your trip.
    Happy Tuesday
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary wishes. It looks like you had a wonderful trip away. The photos looked lovely and so did the delicious food, the lobster roll sounds very tempting. I think I would have wanted to get a photo of the giant lobster as well.
    Thank you for adding your fantastic scrapbook page to Art Journal Journey and as Elizabeth said it is a Fantasy, your wish you could have seen all the animals.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy (belated) anniversary, wow - that´s quite a number! your scrapbooking page is awesome and i enjoyed the photo of the lobster on the roof, looks like a science fiction film;)
    happy t-day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sharon! A fantastic event! And wow -- Maine is such a beautiful area, I would feel very well there! Your son is clever to reside there! Thank you for the photos for T-Day!
    Happy T-Day wishes from me.
    And the layout is so utterly beautiful with the texture and all the lovely and so well fitting details! Gorgeous! Thank you very much for sharing it with Art Journal Journey! Much appreciated!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary both of you!
    Thank you for taking us to Maine. I enjoyed the photos of the lobster places. Indeed the giant lobster on the roof is impressive. I would have stopped for that too. In fact we would have made a detour just to get the photo!
    The sea/ocean looks very relaxing. I can almost hear the waves....
    I'm looking forward to seeing your photos of the appalachian trail. I walked it after you did on Walking4fun. My stepcounter is broken (again). So I am not buying fitbit again. I've had three replacements. My fourth one is not working anymore, so I bought a cheaper brand. That one stopped working after 3 months. Sigh, I give up.
    I'm glad you are scrapbooking. Nobody seems to scrapbook anymore. I am also behind with my scrapbooking, but I only do it in the winter. When we come back from the UK in October, I will start scrapbooking again.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very Happy Anniversary to you both! I love Maine, we have friends that live there, and I so enjoyed hearing about your trip and seeing your fabulous photos 😁. You had me at lobster ...lol 😉 ... and your food looks so delicious - yum! Your art journal age is amazing, the stenciling adds lovely texture and looks so beautiful and sparkly. You included such lovely photos,animals and words too - perfect! Wishing you the happiest of Anniversaries and T Days! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary! What a really lovely place to visit and stay with the added bonus of spending time with your son. I would love it there, and also want to try a lobster roll sometime:) Your scrapbook page is wonderful and I love how the details have brought the theme together. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary!!-congrats on 54-thats awesome.
    Sounds like wonderful trip, visiting your son and enjoying all of these fabulous views! Beautiful art page-Loved all of the details
    Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary! Maine is so beautiful whether it be lakes, woodlands, or shore. The giant lobster on the restaurant is too fun. There's a restaurant in Worcester called the Sole Proprietor that puts up a huge, blow-up crab when they do their annual crabfest. Crab is good, but nothing screams Summer like a lobster roll. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! It sounds and looks like a wonderful trip :) What a gorgeous view! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy anniversay, Sharon! You have us beat by 1 1/2 years ;-)

    I'm REALLY impressed that your son hiked the Appalachian Trail both ways as a thru hiker! A friend did it once at age 50. That impressed me too. He encountered a grizzly and got a bad foot infection. But he did it! I look forward to your photos.

    Your trip sounds like it was lovely. The giant lobster was definitely a photo op worth making a return trip to snap.

    News Flash: scrapbook pages ARE art journal pages! And yours includes a lot of fantasy. I look forward to the facing page.

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my T-post. I always preferred an electric stove too. But in Mexico, electricty is very expensive and electric ranges are even more so.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your food looks incredible! I have never had a Lobster Roll.. so along with the Appalacian Trail a lobster roll is on my bucket list..lol Beautiful scrapbooking when you got home too!! Happy t day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful beautiful pictures from your trip. How fun!!! I can't wait to see more! I LOVE your scrapbook pages, too, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maine is such a beautiful place with wonderful seafood! What breath-taking views. I can see why you took so many photos. Happy Anniversary! I love hearing that a couple has been married for 50 plus years. It is so rare in this day and age.
    Your scrapbooking page has some really lovely texture. I love what you did on your background with that stencil.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maine looks a beautiful place - it is quite a few films! A lobster roll sounds delicious - I have only eaten lobster once. Your page looks great too! Happy Anniversary and Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Your photos are beautiful. I have a cousin up in Maine I haven't seen in way too many years. Glad you and hubby got to enjoy your Anniversary on such a relaxing trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.