Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Drowning in Photos & WOYWW #431

Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage:  be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:  for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."


Good Morning!  It is Wednesday again!  How does that happen so quickly?  I decided to post my blog before I walk today!  It is so cool out, so don't have to get out there so early.  I enjoyed waking up to  the cool Autumn weather this morning, although it isn't here to stay yet.  I am joining Julia, over at Stamping Ground to show "What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday.  Below is what is on my workdesk today.  I am again trying to organize and scrap the hundreds, of family photos I have.  They have been organized by families into bins, but still so many to sort through.  As you can see, the ones I am working with came out of those old, old albums with the white photo corners, and very little journaling, mostly none!  

I haven't decided yet if I will scrap these in a grid again or not.  I am cutting borders with my pinking sheers.


I already did these in a grid.  These photos had been stapled together in a little book with the date!  Yay!
Most of the photos, however came off of sheets  like this 

And the albums or sheets or loose photos came out of bins like these.  At least there is a bin for each family, like my husbands, my Mom's or my grandparents, and great grandparents..  We even have another bin of slides from my husband's family.  Most of our family says just to toss them.  I seem to be the only one interested in going through them.

You can see that I am drowning in photos!  But, I will come up for air and visit your desk this week.
Thanks for stopping by, and I appreciate it when you comment and let me know you were here.  Or, even if you tell me how you are dealing with all your photos.  Have a great week.

16 comments:

  1. Hope you come up for air soon Sharon! I love that layout in grid form; so simple with the minimum of journaling, but perfect as far as I'm concerned. Happy WOYWW Sarah #19

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, that looks like a mammoth job, organising them all, but I think you are right to want to preserve them. Maybe if family don't want them, a local heritage society would love to have them?Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started following you today. I am in the same boat with family pictures! (I'm the person Julia met while on vacation in Idaho.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you stopping by and for letting me know you were her. How fun that Julia and you got together!

      Delete
  4. Ahh, I have a stash of photos like that too. :) and I keep them simple. I have decided its OK that not everything ends up scrapped too. ( some are just photos with maybe a date or place or some other identification but, not story telling journaling. which is my downfall, thinking of something to say. ~Stacy #33

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that's some quantity of photos to go through! hope you know who they all are... Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one of those albums that is so old it is falling apart! I started making a new one many years ago, but it got pushed aside for other things. I should try and find it! I love the grid page you did! Reminds me of me in my old photos! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #31

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure have a wonderful job going through all those memories I love the grid layout... beautiful... Have a happy week ahead... May #10

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous old photographs, love them. Hope you have a great woyww and a happy crafty week. Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon! The grid plus the black plus the white journaling strips would work well for these photos! Love the pinking of the border, but I, seriously, shuddered when I read you pinked the edges of the OLD photos. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I would definitely want to go through them, at the very least, and maybe 'reduce' to a manageable family tree sized album each! So that's you at your desk for the next five years without a break then!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love photos too and I rescued black and white pics from my parents house. Mine are still in a box so you've inspired me 💖
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you are doing with your old photos. I try to get as many photos on a page too so love how you have managed such a feat and still making the pages beautiful and interesting. BJ#21

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! that is so fabulous that you have all those old photos. What a treasure. I'm glad that you are interested in them and taking care to preserve them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a project! I love that grid layout! A tip for getting the photos off the older pages - use Undo. Will remove the photos without damaging them. You can find it at walmart in the craft dept. Michaels used to carry it but not sure if they still do. I'll check this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love the grid layout! Such a great idea. I feel for you having so many old family photos to sort and preserve. I am in the same situation. It is definitely fun to look through them and slightly overwhelming what to do with them all. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.