Wednesday, February 15, 2017

WOYWW # 402 & Un-mounting stamps

Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee?  Be strong and of a good courage:  be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:  for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."




Good Morning Deskers!  I just skipped over # 401!  How does that happen?  I know I have asked that question, before. I am wondering, why do I have a Blog?  I don't remember, but I think I began one so that I could take part in challenges that required a Blog.  So much for that! LOL  I am not too committed to it.  But, I have met a lot of nice people all over the world taking part in Julia's What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday Blog Hop!  I guess that is what you call it.  Check in over at Julias Stamping Ground and check out all the other deskers if you never have.

Here is what is going on in my space today!  I am little by little un-mounting my wood mounted stamps and putting them in smaller cases.  I put the wood stamp in the micro-wave about 9 seconds and then the whole stamp peels off.  I then take off the label and put it on the stamp.  You don't have to do that step, but I like the picture on there of what the stamp is.  Or, I have taken a photo of the stamps while still on the wood, and printed off on paper and put it as a cover on the case.  These cases were purchased from SU!, and they have a sleeve for the paper with the photo.  Most of these stamps are SU! anyway. The thing is  I was supposed to be freeing up space by doing this.  But what am I doing?  I am still using those clam boxes to store things in, like die cuts or pre embossed panels, or even pre cut and folded card bases.   I keep thinking of more ways to use them, so I still have them!  LOL  And  those of you who are un-mounting  your wood mounted stamps, what are you doing with the wood blocks?   I have decided to just toss them.  I am hoarding way too much anyway! 
                                                     So, here is my desk. 


Hope you had a great Valentine's Day yesterday!  Thanks for stopping by! 

16 comments:

  1. I am impressed you are moving the stickers Sharon :) I too went into the just toss them (wood blocks) (hides) category. I think life is too short to spend it cleaning up that wood so it could be re-gifted to someone who could do something with the blocks. ~Stacy#45

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, good job with the unmounting. I tossed most of my wood pieces, I just kept a few of a suitable size and made some blending tools from them by attaching a handle. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I started blogging for the exact same reason! Then found WOYWW which is keeping it ticking over now, but I do have my moments. Been using Facebook a lot lately instead (only got that to run a private craft group when Yahoo stopped doing what we wanted) Funny how one thing leads to another. Good luck with the stamps, been pondering what to do with my new dies as all my folders are full but the last couple came in folders of their own, like that. BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 2017 project is unmounting my almost 2000 stamps and storing them in binders! Should save me a LOT of room! I also wondered what to do with the wood, it seems such a shame to toss them - I will keep a bunch of my favorites and make a collage with the them, so it will look like I have stamps standing up on some of my shelves. Probably won't happen for a long while yet though! I have a few SU stamps, and I fine that they pull off the wood easily without any heating. Actually many of my stamps do, I hardly heat any of my stamps anymore unless they are particularly stubborn! Also, I almost prefer the rubber only, without the foam padding, so when that happens I am happy! They store easier, and I just use a mouse pad underneath my paper and it works great! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #40

    ReplyDelete
  5. not someone else unmounting wooden stamps... (cries in the corner) I know it saves space, but I love my wooden stamps. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Helen!!! I'm distressed that not all the stamp sets in the SU catalogs aren't offered in wood as well as polymer!!! I LOVE my wood stamps, and much prefer them!!!

      Delete
  6. I admire your organizational skills, since un-mounting wooden stamps sounds like a real labor of love to me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's quite a project. I still have some wooden stamps - kind of like them, but they do take up a lot of space. Maybe some of them I 'might' try it.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #38

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I haven't tried to start on unmounting my stamps. It's something I considered, but it's definitely a big project. As far as the blocks, paint them - use them as a small canvas or put letters on them to spell out a word. Attach some photo holders to the tops, etc. I made some Christmas mixed media art on some small blocks (toy blocks) and put them on a shelf. Anyhow, have fun with them! Dorlene #43

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to do some of this then I might use more of the older stamps. Well done you for getting started with the job. Have a great weekend and happy belated woyww, Angela x 17

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharon! I have bought the stuff to unmourned mine but haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those wooden blocks make great firewood or if you glued a whole bunch together you could make a small table lol congrats on the unmounting that is a big job to do
    hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharon. Donate the blocks to a local preschool, daycare or women's shelter. Kids love blocks. Knowing how many stamps you have, you do have a task. LOL. Creative Blessings! Kelly #46

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a big undertaking. I've seen a few people doing this recently. Thanks for stopping by.

    Fiona #9

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't have enough wood mounted stamps to make it worth my time to unmount them. I have mostly cling stamps anyway. Good luck with figuring out what to do with the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job Sharon. This is also my project for 2017. Not sure how soon I'll get started, but I bought a crate of DVD cases to put mine in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.