Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD;
and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance. Psalms 33:12I just thought I would post a Happy 4th to my USA readers! This is a special anniversary of our independence as it is our 250th! I am so proud to be an American and so thankful for my country. Last Sunday in Church we sang some great patriotic hymns and I included the words on two of them:
God of Our Gathers: written to celebrate our 100th Anniversary by Daniel C. Roberts
Battle Hymn of the Republic: Written by Julia Ward Howe during the Civel War
America the Beautiful: written by Katharine Lee Bates and originally titled Pikes Peak, 4th of July 1895
1 O beautiful for spacious skies
for amber waves of grain;
for purple mountain majesties
above the fruited plain!
America! America! God shed his grace on thee,
and crown the good with brotherhood
from sea to shining sea.
America: "My Country Tis of Thee" written by Samuel F. Smith 1832
| 1. My country,' tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing; land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrims' pride, from every mountainside let freedom ring! 2. My native country, thee, land of the noble free, thy name I love; I love thy rocks and rills, thy woods and templed hills; my heart with rapture thrills, like that above. 3. Let music swell the breeze, and ring from all the trees sweet freedom's song; let mortal tongues awake; let all that breathe partake; let rocks their silence break, the sound prolong. 4. Our fathers' God, to thee, author of liberty, to thee we sing; long may our land be bright with freedom's holy light; protect us by thy might, great God, our King. |
I was crying by the time we got finished. Despite everything that is happening, I love my country and am thankful we live here!
Since I am posting anyway, I thought I would post another card for the House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge: Water Fun Midway Inspiration.
I colored this House Mouse image with an assortment of brands of pencils and added Glossy Accents and stamped the sentiment from a SU! set on a MFT die cut cloud. The wonky rectangle white panel is a die from MFT. (MY Favorite Things)
Here are some photos of how we spent the 4th of July in 2008:
| Watching the 4th of July parade in Ketchikan, Alaska from our ship |
And here is a scrapbook page of how we spent 4th of July in 2022.
This year, hubby is grilling hamburgers out for the two of us. You can see that is my ticket to the TSFT party over at Altered Book Lover.
Happy 4th!
Thanks for stopping by!
See you next time.

10 comments:
Super cute card Sharon :-) the image is adorable and I love the sentiment, just perfect! :-)
I love seeing your photos too, thanks for sharing those! :-)
Thanks so much for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!
Luv
Lols x x x
I am proud to be an American and so happy to live in America. It was a lovely celebration of 250 years yesterday. The words and the singing do make some of us cry. Trust me, I know personally. Thanks for the photos from previous celebrations. I enjoyed your House Mouse card and the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends
Hi Sharon. The card is just too cute and so well made. Nice photos of the 4th in past years. Have a nice day.
That looks like a fun parade in Alaska back in 2008. And I love your card too. It was a fun 250 celebration, wasn't it? I remember the 200th and I cant believe it's been 50 years since then. I hope you have a fantastic T day and week ahead. hugs-Erika
Your card is really adorable. Those little mice are so cute.
I love how you looked back on July 4th from previous years. What a great way to remember previous years. I suspect you are like me and notice how much their specials have increased in price. Thanks for sharing your songs, card, and drink with us for T this Tuesday.
It must be great to be proud of one´s country. As German this will never happen for me... My heart always wants to scream Hit#er was Austrian, not German but them some idiot in my city gave German citizenship to him! Well that said: Hope you had a great 4th! :-)
Lovely hymns. A bit like Jerusalem and Rule Brittania are for the British.
Fun to see the parade in Alaska from your cruise ship.
This year your hubby grilled hamburgers. Photo?
Happy T-Day,
Lisca
Cute card! I miss those yummy burgers!!
Sounds like you had a blessed 4th of July. Peace!
I agree, despite everything that is happening in our Nation, we should love our country and be thankful for the sacrifices of those before us. Those sweet little mice in your card, and that stitched looking die frame was perfect. We had a very nice lunch for the 4th of July, but didn't go to any parades, as I was caring for my Mom who's not very mobile these days. Thanks for visiting my blog and Blessings!
Post a Comment