Monday, July 3, 2023

T Stands for Patriotism

 ​1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1


Good evening!  It is time for TSFT, and we post early because it is already Tuesday over the pond.  Tomorrow, we celebrate the 4th of July or our Independence Day in the USA. On that note, I thought I would share some patriotism from my neighborhood.  As you all know, sometimes on the trails I walk they decorate them for the different seasons and holidays, so I thought I would share a few photos. The didn't go overboard, but here are a few.











Because this replica of a Keeper of the Plains looks patriotic, I am including photos of it.  This one is at Cambridge Market right in front of one of our favorite diners, Livingstons.






As Elizabeth explained these replicas were commissioned to celebrate Wichita's 150th anniversary, I believe.  I now have a complete list and plan to find and photograph all of them.  So far I have visited and photographed this one and the one at Cozine Memorial Group, which I previously posted on my blog.

Parting shots:


And for our TSFT ticket over at Altered Book Lover:


I wish all in the U.S. a happy and safe 4th.

Thank you for stopping by.  I love reading your comments and visiting your blogs.  It is so fun to get to know bloggers from all over the world as we visit each other.

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful collection of patriotic items. Love the large sculpture.
    Have a Happy 4th and Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've come across some very patriotic views Sharon. I like that version of Keeper of the Plains. I hope you have a super July 4th. And a happy T day too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tour! Love your patriotism. We certainly do not have that. Only when stupid soccer games are on internationally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous decorations, happy T Day and Happy 4th July. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What adorable patriotic signs along that trail, Sharon. I am really impressed with what others do for our Independence holiday.

    I love your Keeper. This is from the second set, the set that commemorates our 150th year as a city. The first set was purchased by sponsors. The second set required there be 150 items in each Keeper. Very patriotic find.

    In answer to your question, NO! Just putting the number 10 in your title does NOT count. There must be a photo or a picture of 10. Thanks for sharing your patriotic card, the trail images, the Keeper, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Patriotic T-day post, Sharon. Happy 4th. Love the scuplture - a fun idea to take pictures of all of them. Fun decorations on your walk. Have a lovely t-day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I very much appreciate this patriotic post. Particularly that you have remembered to tip your hat to the first nations. Very classy of you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sculpture of the Keeper of the Prairie - those red flowers remind me of poppies. Have a happy T day and Fourth of July.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are in a nice neighborhood. It is nice to see all these different items for July 4th celebrations. The mug and the card is beautiful too. Happy 4th of July! Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have enjoyed a peaceful 4th of July. I enjoyed looking at the patriotic contributions along the path. Very cute.
    The Keeper of the Plains is magnificent. Are the poppies significant? In Europe poppies represent fallen soldiers and are used a lot on remembrance days.
    Sorry I'm late. Tuesday is a busy day for me.
    Belated happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.