Monday, July 26, 2021

T Stands For Time For T Day!

 One of my favorite Bible verses KJV Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.


Do any of the rest of the T Gang struggle for a title for T Day post?  It seems to me that T should stand for something that begins with T; right?  But I notice it doesn't always. LOL  The days are getting hotter as we move towards August.  I have to get up early to walk.  I have been trying to get gone by 7:00 AM, but I am not always successful. I got gone by 7:30 today, and back by 9:00.  I usually  walk two miles on my trail and two miles back, for a 4 mile walk.  It usually energizes me, but with the heat, it makes me more tired than usual. I am including a couple of photos of my walk for T Day.  I don't know how I got them off my phone, because I wanted to share more and now can't figure out how I did it! LOL  I am so electronically challenged!  I was looking for the photos just now, and closed this window.  Thankfully Blogger saved the draft!  

I will show you photos from earlier in July of my walk when it is empty.  Love it then, but then it gets busy with bikers, joggers and pet walkers, etc.  Also, now the trees have greened up even more and are over the path, and you are walking in a tree tunnel.  Love it!  Makes it a little cooler with shade from the sun.  




Oh, and I take a break on the way on this bench, and coming back another rest, too.  And my view each way from the bench.  And believe me it is difficult to get photos with no one coming or going on the trail.

Time for a little craftiness.  The card below is a card I made to send to a lady for her 94th birthday for our Teapot Challenge on SplitcoastStampers.  She is a farm girl, so that was our theme.  I made a side step card fold and covered with gingham checked paper, very old from my stash of retired Stampin' Up patterned paper.  Then I stamped and fussy cut the chick from a Stampin' Up set Hey Chick.  The sentiment is from another Stampin' Up set.  I then added stickers to the steps.  I had fun with this card and I hope that our recipient gets some joy from it.



Today is the big reveal over at Altered Book Lover.  To celebrate TSFT's 8th anniversary, some of us sent out ATCs.  I received mine from Erika plus some goodies!  Thank you!



All this was in the envelope with the ATC!  So fun!

I can't wait to use this stamp!

And here is Erika's wonderful collaged ATC! The trim is so cute on the bottom, and how perfect is that sentiment!  I like you a latte, too, Erika!  Thank you!

And thank you, Elizabeth for this wonderful remembrance of the 8th anniversary of TSFT.  Just a perfect ATC for the event, even with the 8 on it! Love all the drinks in the background, cocoa, java, latte, etc.  And it describes TSFT perfectly; friends & drinks!
Be sure to stop over and see our host and hostess Bluebeard & Elizabeth for TSFT over at Altered Book Lover.

I think that is a wrap today.  I don't know if my recipient has received her ATC yet, so I will show how I made it next week.  Waving to all the T Gang.  I hope you all have a great week!  Thank you for stopping by!


20 comments:

  1. It is really hot here this week too-I get out to do stuff around 6 -7am otherwise just too hot and humid for me.
    enjoyed seeing your atc's Happy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the morning walking and the heat. You look like you have a great trail to walk on. I've shortened my walk with the heat, which makes me sad, but hopefully it won't stay too hot. I'm glad you like the ATC and the little goodies. Hope you have a fabulous T day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful walking path you have. Love your farm inspired card.
    And beautiful ATC art and goodies- Erika is very generous;) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm out the door every morning at daybreak, around 6ish. I water all my herbs and cut a few back each day. Thankfully, it rained here tonight so I can go to sleep early tomorrow.

    You have found a great walking path. I would love to walk that if it was cooler, but right now, I can't take that much heat. The concrete is a killer, too. It's nice to know you have water with you along the way.

    I've never heard of a side step card, but this is beautiful. The checkered paper is very farm oriented, too.

    I am so glad you like the ATC and I really love what Erika sent you. Those fabric pieces are awesome. She is always SO generous.

    Thanks for sharing your walking trail, your card you made, and the ATCs you received with us for T this almost Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon you have a beautiful place to walk, we’ve shortened our walk for now as it’s just too hot.
    I also struggle with a name for T and always try to think of some name that starts with T, pleased to hear it’s not just me.
    That’s a great ATC and love the sentiment!
    Happy T Day
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lucky you with the heat. Here it´s finally getting at least warm (only).
    Love your farm-card, so cute and clever! You´re very creative!
    And yay for all the goodies - Happy T-Day to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a nice trail to walk along. Your animal card is fantastic, such fun! Lovely ATCs from Erika and Elizabeth! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Sharon, Love the ATC you received and the goodies.
    You really have a lovely place to walk, looks so peaceful, our walks aren't very peaceful any more, we have too many people around now, have to zig zag along to avoid the holidaymakers.
    Happy T Day
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've been walking early as it was hotter than usual here last week 😀. I so enjoyed walking with you too and your card designs look fabulous. You received such beautiful ATCs to celebrate T Day - perfect! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waving back! Happy T-Day, Sharon. I don't struggle with the T-Day post title because I always forget to do a T-Day title....oops!

    Lovely place to walk. Lovely farm-themed birthday card too - some super cute additions. She will love it and cherish it.

    Great ATCs you got from Erika and Elizabeth. Each reminds me of them and now you have treasures from them to keep. Love that stamp - I can't wait to see what you make with it. Such lovely details on it.

    Stay safe and well, my friend. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon I can imagine how cool it is on your walk when the trees shade the path. What wonderful goodies you received and the ATC is awesome. I wish I had time to start a blog as I’d love to send some ATCs. Maybe down the track. Love reading yours and the other SCS ladies blogs each Tuesday. Happy day and week. Hugs jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for taking me with you on your walk. A beautiful route.
    I go walking as well. My friend (and neighbor) go at 8 and take her dog with us. We walk a certain route for an hour (round trip). It energises me for the day, even though I don't like getting up at 7.
    The ATC that Erika sent you is beautiful. I had to look up the word Java, as I only know Java as an island and as a computer program.I didn't know it meant coffee. I have learnt that it no longer means Java coffee, but coffee in general. One never stops learning.
    The card you made for your friend is amazing. There is so much to it. She will love it.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a nice place to walk on a hot day with the bench available for a stop along the way. It's been hot and humid here with heat advisories, but a shady walk would still be doable.

    Great art for the anniversary! Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. T Day. Tea Day or Tuesday. At least that’s how I think of it. I like the idea of walking through a tree lined tunnel. A cool concept and cooling from the heat. The card you made is so cute. Lovely ATC goodies. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. It never gets hot here, however, when I did live in hot weather the mornings were always so nice. Love the art too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pictures from your walk are lovely.
    Love your cards and your ATC from Erika is very pretty!
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, Sharon,
    I do enjoy reading your post entries. You have such a nice view. I thank you for sharing your experiences with me, it gets me out of the house. LOL! It is beginning to storm, so I'm signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I'm late! It has arrived!! (the ATC) this afternoon, I had a magazine that was over a week late, a card and ATC from Elizabeth too! Thank you! I will post about it next week and hope the other two ATC's I am expecting will be able to be shared by then too! I usually put T day or Tea for Tuesday, I never really know and then just add things that start with T that are going on during the week. The heat gets to me too. I have things just left in the garden that needs my attention, I have been known to water the garden at midnight. Nice and cool then! Happy T day!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun post. I love the cute chick image and your step card turned out great. Glad to see your photos of your walk. I can't walk outside here because of the heat. I have figured that my house is kind of a circle so I am walking my house inside.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a lovely walk! And what great gifts from the ATC swap! Enjoyed it very much to see all the ATCs that were sent and received.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.