Monday, October 5, 2020

T Stands for Time For Another Junk Journal!

Ps. 100:5 " For the Lord is good: his mercy is everlasting: and his truth endureth to all generations." 


Good Evening!  I will try to make it to TSFT at Bleubeard & Elizabeth's at Altered Book Lover this week!  I think you can find my drink references in this post! Last post, I showed you my first junk journal, now  I am still busy making junk journals.  I love the fact that you can use all this stuff I have been collecting for over 20 years in my craft room.  This time Julie Challenged us to make a mini JJ in our main September challenge.  It was to have pages with at least one double pocked and tucks, and an embellishment.  I like Junk Journals that are practical, so this one is one to write my daily craft challenges in.  

The front used some paper I have been hoarding forever, and I have two pads of this 12x12 paper and like it because of the teapots, of course.  I am getting brave and added lace.


 

Below is inside the cover.  I used some homemade paper for the pocket. (not by me).  And  made a tab that sticks out too, using hoarded teapot stickers.  Another challenge was to use 3 different note like paper.  I used this hoarded teapot notes!  I also used a to do note pad, and another place sticky note papers.



Below is the music page with double pockets and double tucks on each side.  This is the center on my signature book.





Most of the pages look like this with the chart on one side and the back of a chart on one side to list other challenges.  I used a teapot or teacup sticker on the back sides for decoration.



Another Challenge requirement was to use 4 different kinds of paper:  I used ledger, notebook paper, music paper, and DSP.

A page using hoarded paper and a tag from ledger paper.



I made the embellishment by decorating a extra large paperclip, and it holds my book closed.
It is 34 pages, or 68 front and back.  Mostly copy paper with my challenge charts on it.




I hope you are enjoying my journey with the junk journals. I wanted lots of writing space in this one.  I like a more clean and simple style, but am sure as I continue I will get more into it! LOL

I am not getting used to this new Blogger.  I was able to finally add the button for you to subscribe by email, but in the process lost all my followers.  I have read a little about how to fix it, but haven't had time to try anything yet.  Have any of you with Blogger had this problem?

Thanks for stopping by.  I can't tell you how much I love reading your comments, too.  Happy T Day to the T Gang!

19 comments:

  1. Nice job with your journal. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They´re all great, but the music page is my favorite.
    I´ve never heard anyone saying something positive about the new blogger... crazy why they did switch to this...
    Happy T-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely crafting, you got a lot done! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal-making looks as if it is giving you a lot of fun, as well as some practical record-keeping space! I used to use blank notebooks a lot, but now everything is online in my life. It's great that you made such a good place to take notes.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. To answer your last question, until tonight, I was still on Legacy Blogger. Suddenly they changed me over and I can't go back. Nothing is intuitive and even the icons are different. I'll learn and I'll adapt, but right now, I'll applaud your incredible junk journal and all the wonderful teapots you added to the journal. It's lovely, and I am truly impressed with the pockets and lovely extra pages you used. Thanks for sharing this lovely junk journal that has all the beautiful tea pots with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely junk journal. It looks like fun to work on. I don't like the new blogger. They STILL don't have the default image size set right, but I gave up on having to change it manually in the HTML code. I didn't know about adding buttons, so I can't offer any insight there. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful junk journal! You really are fabulous with your attention to detail, the designs and additions look amazing, I'm loving that paperclip too 😀. Sending Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning, I enjoyed seeing your junk journals and your art. Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your junk journal, Sharon. It took me a while to find the "tab that sticks out." I thought you meant it sticks out of the handmade paper pocket. Aha moment - oh she means an index tab. lol. Darling bunches of tea cups and pots. What's DSP?

    Happy T-day! Stay safe and stay well. Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your junk journal is so pretty Sharon! And it is a great way to incorporate lots of scrap papers, laces, tags and such. Can't help you with the follower issue but the new format has been working OK for me (so far;) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun challenge and you created a terrific journal in the process! I like the paperclip idea too ~ Enjoy finding purpose for all your kept treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that royal teapot! Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teapots are a great theme! Don't you just love when you find the perfect project to use your hoarded treasure on?
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great junk journals Sharon. It is fun to see what you've been working on. And I saw the T reference. Nice page. Hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Junk journal doesn’t seem the right term. Your journal is gorgeous. I hope we get to see how you fill it. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your journal pages are so pretty. Looks like you are hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful junk journal! You will enjoy using that!
    I love the teapot/cups theme. Perfect for T-Day.
    Stay safe,
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sharon, this is great! I don't know anything about junk journals, except what you have posted. It looks like an interesting project. I too have a ton of things I need to use up, but I eat away at them slowly. I like how you added the pages for the challenges. I keep mine in a calendar spiral. I add the name of the card I made that completes that challenge and I circle it in pretty colors. This way, I know what challenges I still need to try. Love all of the pockets you made and the use of your ribbon, tags, and lace. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job with your junk journal. I know that must take a lot of time and work to be so creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.