Monday, August 3, 2020

T Stands For Tag on Art Journaling

"I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.  The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." Ps. 18:1-2



Welcome back to Foxy Stamping today!  I have been working on an Art Journaling Page for this month's theme of Pockets & Tags over at Art Journal Journey.  I really liked the theme, since I have the tags and pockets!  And, I found my art journal!  So here we go!


First, I played with my TH Distress inks, by sponging on my page different colors starting at the top right.  I sponged the color up to a piece of paper, then moved the paper and begun with another color.

Then I used a couple of stencils and sponged the ink over them in different places on the page.

Next, I added some stamping.  One of the stamps was a SU! dictionary stamp.  I forgot to include that in my photo of what I used.  I just did partcial stamping with that stamp, and then some word stamps.
I have no idea who the Art stamp is by, because someone sent it to me.

Then, since I don't really sew like Elizabeth, I added doodles all around the page.  

Then I did some of the same steps on my pocket and attached it with washi tape.  

Last I played with the TH oxides and embossing glaze on the tag.







Below is the journal I am using.  This is only the 8th page I have done in it.  I don't know if I have shared them all or not.  The tags and the pockets ( library book pockets, I believe) were garage sale finds, years and years ago!



And below most of what I used.  I forgot the VersaMark ink pad, and instead of the classics stamp set, I used the face on the other stamp set.  And also not shown SU! Dictionary Background stamp, and the Art quote.  



That is my project, now for my drink, below.  Elizabeth, we finally went to Bagatelle's.  We brought it home, so this is my photo of our sandwiches, our Fattouch salads, and my water.  We ordered something chocolate, too, since it was a bakery.  And because, I told them it was our first time and we had heard about them on a friend's blog, they gave us some delicious Lemon Almond Croissants!  Everything was  delicious!  Thanks Elizabeth.
If you don't know why I am posting a photo of a drink, that is what we do for T Stands For Tuesday, we include something drink related in our post and join Elizabeth and Bleubeard over at Altered Book Lover.



Thank you for stopping by!  Happy T Day to the T Gang!

22 comments:

  1. Sharon I love your colorful, interesting, and beautiful page. I think you did an excellent job putting all of the images together. I love the stamps you used and the sentiments. Looks like a whole lot of fun was had. Thanks for sharing your creativity. Stay healthy and Creative Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal page is lovely and you have used a lot of wonderful looking supplies. I love those library pockets. Pockets and compartment are so fun to add to projects.
    And your lunch looks delicious!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many wonderful layers of stamping and color on your journal page Sharon. That journal is one I love and have several of them (though now I am also in love with the Dina Wakley journals;) Yummy looking meal- thank goodness I just had something to eat:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sharon that was an incredible journal page. I am truly impressed. I love how you added both a pocket and a tag. What great finds you got at the garage sale. Wonderful pockets and that tag is so much nicer than mine. I think that quote sort of lives up to my life right now, too. I seem to be living in the moment, but wish I had a bit more time on my hands. I really LOVE the finished page and greatly appreciate you sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    SO glad you got to go to Bagatelle's. They make great food. I was happy to see they treated you nicely, too. They have always been great with me. I miss their Sunday brunch, but I think take-out is probably so much better now. Thanks for sharing your lovely art, your sandwiches, salads, croissants, and your water with us for T this almost Tuesday.

    To answer your question (or comment), you get a "I voted by mail" sticker with your ballot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your work, yes, especially in summer let´s live in the moment!
    Thank you, too, for showing and explaing the materials.
    And, wee, how nice with that croissant, looks all so yummy and now I´m hungry! And still too early to eat!
    A happy T-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful journal page Sharon, well done. Your food looks delicious. I haven't had breakfast yet, so it's giving me an appetite!
    Have a good week, stay safe, happy T Day! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon that is an amazing journal page. You need to make more! And thanks for linking up to Alison’s challenge at Art Journal Journey. And your lunch looks yummy. Lucky you to live in the same vicinity as Elizabeth to try out a place she recommends. It looks yummy. We’ve been doing some take out also. Hope all is well with you and you are staying safe. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous page and I'm loving your meal! That sandwich looks so delicious and something with chocolate would work for me right now, I'm off to raid the treats cupboard now ...lol 😀. Loving that Hawaiian shirt too! Wishing you a Happy T Day! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific page & tag ~ Looks like a yummy lunch too ~ Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your Bible quote today, Sharon. We all need that Rock these days.

    Great pocket page. I love your scribbley border. The tag is stunning! I love the look and feel of the embossing glazes. I wonder if Tim will ever run out of great product ideas.

    Happy T-day and have a lovely week! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous page Sharon! Love how you made it too! Your take out lunch looks great and lemon almond croissants sound soo good! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your take-out lunch looks very delicious. It's nice to find a really friendly restaurant. Your stamping collection looks like fun also. I used to have several Mona Lisa stamps, but I don't know what became of them.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sharon,

    You asked what a Puritronic is. It's our water purification system. You know what they say about Mexico: Don't drink the water. It's true unless you have a purification system for your house or restaurant, etc. People who don't have such systems drink bottled water from 10 gallon jugs.

    The $8000 is pesos. So that's about $400 dollars US. But by the time he was done, it was another $2600 ($130)! It's a long story. So I'll cut to the chase. I was very angry because we had the same maintenance done just 10 months ago. It was about the same amount.

    So when they were done, I told him we couldn't afford to maintain this system. He got the message that we'd be looking for something more economical. He said, "Oh senora, you won't need service for two years. I guarantee it." We'll see what his verbal guaranty is worth if we have any problems before 8/2022!

    Are you sorry you asked? lol. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of depth and color in your page. Your take-out lunch looks delicious and so nice of the bakery to give you free items as a first time patron. I'd be going back often. Take care and Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely journal page. Nice use of the tag and pocket for AJJ!
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you added a pocket and tag to this fantastic journal page. The quotes are super as well. Thank you for linking to Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Have a good week.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely journal page! Yes, I noticed your large photo was extra large. I will have to sit down and figure it all out. I'm sure I will and I will let you know.
    Your lunch looks very yummy. The dishes are all unknowns to me, but I would have tried it anyways.
    Happy (belated) T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your page Sharon, great quotes and a wonderful composition!
    Thanks for linking to my theme at AJJ.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a lovely page you have created for AJJ's challenge by Alison. I love that tag! The colour and the image are superb.
    You are like me in that you have not done stitching like Elizabeth does. I always want to but never get around to it - one day perhaps. Unlike me though you have done some doodling around the page and around the pocket and very effective it is.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful artwork!
    have a good week.
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your art journaling. I would love to do that also if I could just find some more time. right now I'm working on a project a day trying to clean up old projects in my craft room. Your food sounds really yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.