Monday, October 14, 2019

T Stands for Too Busy!

  II Cor 3:18 "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the spirit of the Lord."

I have gotten myself involved in so many different things!  I am taking a college Senior Writing class in the month of October.  My homework is 6000 words within two weeks, and then the last two weeks we will critique each others work.  EEK!!!!!   I am  getting ready to purge some of my craft items at a local craft store garage sale, also in October.  I am pricing things so I can take them in to the sale by this Saturday.   After a trip to the dermatologist today and my walk,  I prepared for mailing  many cards that have to go out in October.  There is no  mail today as it is Columbus Day here in the states, a federal, postal and bank holiday, that we still celebrate, even though we now know Columbus didn't discover America!  Regardless,  I have my mail ready to go out tomorrow. 

I did find some time to craft this past week, and will share the  following cards that I did  for challenges on SplitcoastStampers:


I did this one for several challenges, for the Stamp2Spend Challenge to use a bear on our card because October 3rd was Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day.  Did you know that, Anne?
It was also for the October Christmas Card Challenge to use mostly white on your card.  Well, I tried, and didn't color it all in.  It was also for the Alpha Challenge for "I" this week.  I used Island Indigo card stock and ink.  I also did this for the smooth and rough Ways to Use It challenge. I used chunky glitter by Fun Stampers Journey on the bear's hat and the smooth was the glossy accents on the berry and the ribbon on the gift.  The  technique for the background panel  was to run the ink pad over the raised parts of the embossing folder before running it through to emboss the white  panel.  I thought it was a good way to make my own background, since I didn't have any Indigo Island DSP. 



I was inspired for this card by an inspiration challenge given of SplitcoastStampers.  One of the pictures was of a Mermaid, and of course that is what inspired me.  I actually made this at my retreat.
I happened to have this stamp with me.  The background was made by putting oxide inks on my mat by just putting the inkpad on it, and then smooshing the glossy cardstock in the inks.  I had this frame with me and decided to frame my mermaid which I stamped, colored with Copics and fussy cut. I also used Wink of Stella on the mermaid.  I added sequins and the die cut Happy Birthday.  The frame is made by using two Wonky square die cuts together. 



 I love how my hair stylist decorates inside and outside.  I ask her last month if I could take photos and share them with you on my blog, and she said that it was alright.  So, I will show you September's, and then last week's as she had changed to Fall decorations.


So the one below was taken in September:


Below is the same area in October



 And on the other side of the garage:


And below is her entrance to her shop.


And below is beside her front door;  Love the pulley!

  Don't you just love how she decorates!  She just has just a flare for decorating. Every time I go she has changed it for a new season!  When I go in November, it will be Thanksgiving, and of course in December,  Christmas.  I think it is a full time job, because she does the same inside.


And last but not least, here is my cuppa for Elizabeths T Stands For Tuesday over at Altered Book Lover.  Anyone can join us, just post a drink related post and link up with our hostess for our Tea, or other beverage party. 



Thanks for stopping in to see what is going on here.  Happy T Day!  Have a great week!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you are going to be busy! I'm sure you'll get everything done ok as you know what needs to be done which is half the battle ...lol 😉. Your cards are gorgeous and oh my, those autumn decorations are stunning! It looks so welcoming and I love all her attention to detail, the displays are all so beautiful! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your cuppa! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, you have a full plate, Sharon! Good luck with the writing class. The assignment sounds very intimidating.

    I sure hope Anne didn't miss "Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day." Teddy would have loved that. Your card is darling.

    I love the mermaid birthday card. I'm especially delighted that she's wearing the same type of mermaid bra that my hubby criticized on my mermaid postcard (that I shared at T today) - lol.

    Your hairdresser's place is a delightful one to go and be pampered. I would love seeing the different seasonal displays each time I visited. So much work and thought goes into each one. I love the pulley too.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you are going to be busy, it does sound interesting as well, especially the writing class you will be taking. The cards you make look fantastic, you seem so well organised. Your Hairdressers looks so welcoming, the photos all looked lovely.
    Happy T day wishes Sharon
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree October is busy busy for you.
    Good for you taking a class, and I love your cards-especially the first one with teddy.
    Some are just so talented and gifted with decorating their homes-thanks for sharing your Hairdressers-very nice.
    Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your writing class. It sounds like something I would actually enjoy.

    Purge away MY way (grin). Seriously, good luck with the sale. Both your cards are adorable. How3 sweet about the Teddy Bear and Snowman. I love what you created. And that mermaid card is wonderful, too. She is so well colored and fussy cut.

    Your hairdresser likes country, doesn't she? Her pumpkins and her decorations put mine to shame.

    That's a beautiful mug you chose for T this Tuesday, dear Sharon. I absolutely LOVE the colors and the design. I also like your coaster, too. Thanks for sharing your art (cards), your hairdresser's decorations, and your tea with us for T this Tuesday, dear. I'll have to get your thoughts on the Eisenhower Museum one of these days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful, Sharon. Good luck in the garage sale. I hope you make quite a bit since you probably paid a small mint for it all. How wonderful to be taking a writing class. I bet you have some wonderful tales to tell. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly are busy! What a great challenge your class sounds like.
    Love your beautiful cards but I just can't wrap my head around Christmas-yet:) I'm still in mermaid mode-lol!
    Hope you are able to make a bit of money selling your craft supplies at the garage sale.
    Love your hairdresser's seasonal decor-wonderful!!Love your mug for T day too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are busy Sharon. I think that writing class sounds like a good thing. I need a class to help me edit. I am horrible at editing my own writing, especially on the computer. And your cards are fantastic. I also enjoyed those pretty decorations. They are really appealing, and it is nice your hairdresser has the space to do that. Mine is in an old bank and I have to walked through the old drive through teller area to get in. Happy T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are busy!!!
    It´s crazy what we did not learn at school, I´m glad I can do it this way, I´ve never heard of Columbus Day.
    The meremaid is very cute.
    We have a neighbour who decorates the tree-area in front.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly are keeping busy. Good luck with the writing class. Love the pretty cards you have made, and the decorations at your hairdresser's are fabulous, what a lovely day, and you have something new to see each time you go. Happy T Day, that's a pretty mug you're using. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teddy is having a fit now, asking me why I didn't know Oct 3 was Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day. I told him I never saw that mentioned in the news, but he is inconsolable. The Christmas card you made with the bear is adorable: I love it! Your mermaid card is lovely. I always enjoy mermaid themes. Your hair stylist's outdoor decorations look great. I like your tea mug. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew! You are busy! Good luck with your writing class. The cards you made are adorable. Your hairstylist's decorations are awesome. She certainly does have a flair for decorating. Happy T Day and don't forget to take some time to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a busy bee! I love those decorations at that shop :) Such a welcoming sight :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My! You are going to be busy! I have found someone willing to take some crafting items off my hands - some things I have had for ages and no longer use! Your Hairdresser certainly does know how to create beautiful displays! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, you have been a busy girl.
    Your cards are great. I hope you got your writing assignment done in time. What do you write about? You certainly come up with some very descriptive words. Like 'smooshing'. I just love that word!
    Sure your stylist has good taste and decorates fantastically. Here in Europe we don't decorate according to the seasons. Only in December most people will have some decorations. (England doesn't count. They go absolutely bezirk in December.)
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woww Your Christmas card is so Gorgeous Sharon !! I looove the great background you have created, and love the bear with the snowman, lovely design too, and Wonderful your mermaid card.
    Wish you had a very Happy T-day, and the decorations are very beautiful and special, thanks so much for sharing them with us.
    Have a nice afternoon, big hugss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.