Monday, June 17, 2019

T Stands for Art Journaling & TIOT

"Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made the haven and earth." Ps. 124:8



Hello blog visitors!  So glad you came by today.  I have been working today on a Art Journal page for Art Journal Journey's theme  this month which is Words To Live By, and also for Try It on Tuesday's theme It's A Man's World.   I was inspired by the Father's Day card I made for my husband.  On the inside of his card it says I am enjoying the scenic route, being a part of your fan club!  He has taken me on a lot of trips, but just it is not just the trips I refer to, but  the journey through life together!






Really I just played.  I am not really much of an art journalist, as much as someone who just likes to play with different mediums and techniques!

Here is the journey with this piece:
First I put down a map from an old atlas on  my page  and applied Liquitex Matte Gel over it.



After it dried,  I applied Oxide stamp pads directly to the page when dry as part of another challenge on SplitcoastStamper.



I then sprayed water on them. Oxides do fun things when you spray with water.


 I pressed bubble wrap into the inks, as part of another SplitcoastStamper Challenge.
And Then I stamped my words with black Versa mark sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat embossed. 
 The words are from this set I got for 50 cents at a craft garage sale at a local scrapbook store in April!  They didn't have labels on them; I spent a whole afternoon putting lables on them.  50 cents was cheap for all the entertainment they gave me.  trying to figure out what they were so I could label them! 





Next,  I stamped my men's stamps from Mrs. O'Leary's Artful Illusions with Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide ink.  I wanted to add texture, so I applied Heidi Swapp art screen ink through Rebekah Meier stencil. 

For the finished product, I flicked Fun Stamper Journey silks on the page: gold, Electric Lime & Cool Pool.

Here is the finished product:


I guess you can still see the map!  Here is a close up.  But the sparkle from the silks don't show up.


Lastly, my photos for my admission to T Stands For Tuesday over a Elizabeth's at Altered Book Lover.

A lady at our church always does such nice centerpieces at our ladies Bible study dinners.  These were from May's.  If you look closely, you might spot a drink, even a baby bottle! LOL




I think I have babbled on for long enough!

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a super week!  Happy T Day to the T Gang!

21 comments:

  1. Hi I love your journal page and really liked that you detailed how you made the page-Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal page is wonderful. You may claim you aren't an art journaler, but your entry doesn't belie that. It's a wonderful entry and perfect for Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey, I'm so glad you took us through the process of how you made it, too.

    What lovely table settings at your May bible luncheon. Each of these is so different, yet so appropriate and lovely. Yes, I saw various drink cups and the baby bottle, too. Most surprising when I saw that! Thanks for sharing your art AND your drinks with us for T this almost Tuesday, Sharon. I think this is definitely the first time we've had a baby bottle for T!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art journaling, and your time with your friends at you study dinner sounds good, too. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great journal page, you have wonderful layers and colour additions. The card you made for you husband looks fantastic as well. Thank you for linking this to our theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
    The table settings for you meeting looked really pretty as well.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon your art page is lovely and I especially love the words, very apt.
    You certainly went on a journey to get to the end of your art, I like to mess too but never end up with anything worthwhile but it's good to get messy.
    Lovely table settings too.
    Happy T day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the two challenge journal piece. It fits both so very well.
    Technically this is a three-fer post though right?!? Happy T day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice card and page- love the map background. Lovely table setting. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great artwork and photos. I love the words on the card. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you interpreted that lovely sentiment. Such a happy thought :)

    It looks like someone in your group has lovely flowers in their garden! Such a beautiful centerpiece. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great that you took us through the process of this wonderful page! Thank you for joining Art Journal Journey again with this wonderful page dear Sharon! Lovely table settings! HAPPY T-DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and sentiment, Sharon. Thanks for a bunch of Distress ink technique ideas!

    Yes, the centerpieces are lovely.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy T day Sharon. That is a amazing card. I really love it. Life really is a journey with your loved one, isn't it? Thanks so much for sharing it with us on Try It on Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card you made for Father's day. I love the map. It's the perfect background. That and all the beautiful texture you added.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed the process of your page. It's quite beautiful and goes so well with the quote you chose. The table decorations are very pretty. I especially love the little bird. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  15. sharon, what a fantastic card! and i liked seeing the process of the making, thank you!
    happy week:) xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a fabulous Father's Day card! The map paper, ship and sentiment are perfect - I love it 😀. Your journal page is gorgeous with all those layers of paper, paint and stamping! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday and sending you happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a so Wonderful card Sharon !! Love the boat and the beautiful quote. Your Art journal page is Gorgeous, and I like very much all the layers you have added, just Amazing ! Thanks so much for sahring the step by step. I wish you a very Happy T-day !
    Love all the fabulous decorations of your friends.
    Wish you a very nice Thursday
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic! Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful quote and a beautiful mixed media page! Very interesting the different steps you showed us!
    Wish you a happy day! Rike

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sharon I love that you use several pictures in your posts. I love to see the stages that you describe. You do a spectacular job with all of the challenges. I do not mess with multi media or art journaling. So, I don't know much, but I do know what I like, and your card is gorgeous. Your page is very creative and lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fabulous card for your husband and I love the sentiment you used. Loved seeing the process of your journal page, and reading your techniques.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday,
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.