Monday, July 23, 2018

T Stands for Tea Set!

                                           Phi 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.



Hello to the T-Gang from Elizabeth's T Stands for Tuesday over at  Altered Book Lover as well as everyone else.  I have been cleaning house today, so it is nice to sit down and make this post. Warning:  This is a photo heavy post!

 I have been posting and making a inventory of my tea collections on the T Stands for Tuesday posts.  I am keeping this set.   I bought it about 20 years ago at a garage sale for $20.00 and it also came with a tea cozy.  But somehow I don't know where that is.  It is possible it could still be in an box I haven't unpacked yet.  Yes, there are still some of those!

 I turned the back cups around so you could see what is on the back of all the pieces. 


I thought I would share with you some photos from our Alaskan cruise in 2014. We made a stop in the lovely  Victoria, BC Canada,  where we toured The  Butchart Gardens. I took so many photos of the gardens, a lot of them didn't make them into my album so will post them!

Me

Gorgeousness!


 

Wow!



Weird, but these were sculped from greenery, and they are having a tea party! Elephants?

I took about a dozen photos from different views of this!





Although we did not got in for the famous high tea, I took this photo.



This photo is off their website, just to show you what their high tea would look like.  Should have gone!



Capitol Building as Victoria is the capitol of British Columbia.

I took this as we sailed out.

Another shot as we sailed out.

Our sunset that evening!  I have about 50 shots of this sunset!



And finally my drink for Elizabeth.  Do blizzards count?  Hubby had a coupon that if he bought a medium or large blizzard, he could get a small free!  Yay!  That was for me.


I hope you enjoyed my photos.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great T-Day! 

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tea set- I wonder if it's made in Germany... your garden photos are just extraordinary- gorgeous!!! Looks like such a beautiful place to visit. Thanks for sharing and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you. The tea set is incredible. The floral pattern is gorgeous. I adore it, and it looks brand new, too.

    You are so lucky. I have always wanted to see The Butchart Gardens. They are on my list of places to visit in my lifetime. Your photos of your time in Victoria are incredible. The high tea would have been fun, too. It's amazing how we have regrets of not taking time to do a few things. Of course, you may have had time constraints, especially if you were on a cruise.

    Yes, Sharon, a Blizzard counts as a drink. But your tea set would have been sufficient, too. Thanks for sharing these and your trip to Victoria and The Butchart Gardens with us for T this nearly Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some gorgeous photos today. First that tea set, so pretty and looks like it is fit for tea with the queen. And wow-I have never been to Victoria and heard they had gorgeous gardens, and that is so true from your photos. Wow. And blizzards certainly work for me. They look yummy in this hot weather. happy T day Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures from your cruise are beautiful! I love the gardens with all those beautiful colors! High tea would have been amazing in that setting. My honey and I really want to take an Alaskan cruise some day. I will have to keep some of these places on our list. And what a great find when you found that tea set. It is beautiful! I can't wait to receive your ATC.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos from your trip! Victoria seems to be beautiful. Your tea set is wonderful. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. the photos of your cruise are wonderful! you take me to places i will probably never see:)
    happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful tea set, such delicate and pretty china, I think that was a bargain that I couldn't have passed by either.
    Your photos look lovely, the gardens must have been amazing to walk through.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes I really enjoyed your photos Your tea set is beautiful and what a great price you paid as well.
    The gardens are breath taking the elephants having tea-wow so fun Yes your blizzard counts for sure-any beverage Happy T Day Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post Sharon.. That sunset photo is gorgeous! Such a pretty tea set.. I think High Tea would have been something to experience and remember... The gardens are just breathtaking ! Happy T day ! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tea set is amazing, such a lovely design (both front and back) 😁. I so enjoyed visiting Victoria, BC Canada with you; those gardens are so beautiful and I smiled at the elephants having the T Party! The architecture, views and sunset look wonderful too! I'd be happy to have one of those yummy looking Blizzards - Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tea set is definitely a keeper :) I'd never heard of those gardens, but what a treat a visit there would be! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful tea set, I understand why you are keeping it! The gardens and other photos from your cruise are truly stunning. I probably would have taken lots of photos of that sunset too! ;) thanks for sharing...happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm, I had to look up Blizzard drink. It sounds divine: whiskey, Irish cream, hazelnut liquor and coffee. And you must have had whipped cream on the top too. Oh what an indulgence!
    That park is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing those photos. We visited Vancouver but never made it to the park as we were staying with elderly relatives and we never got that far.
    Your tea set is absolutely stunning. That will probably become a family heirloom.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of someone not knowing what a blizzard was! I should have explained it better It is not liquor or coffee. We were at the Dairy Queen. It is ice cream mixed in a blender with some special ingredient. Mine was chocolate covered peanut butter candy, and delicious. My hubby's was M&Ms. They mix it up real thick and bring it to you and turn it upside down so you see how thick it is! It doesn't drip out or anything. Sorry I wasn't more descriptive in my post.

      Delete
  14. I love your tea set, and very much enjoyed the pictures from your trip! Unbelieveably gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beaautiful tea set, Sharon. $20 - wow!

    My hubby has often suggested an Alaskan cruise. I give him a quizzical look. End of discussion. lol.

    The Butchart Gardens are spectacular! Nice photo of you. I'm smiling back at you.

    I loved the elephant tea party topiary!

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your teaset looks lovely - a good choice to keep! I loved the photos of Butchart Gardens - what a treat! I have never been on a cruise although I have heard good reports about them! I had never heard of a Blizzard - so pleased I saw you explanation just above this! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Butchart Gardens, it is amazing! We honeymooned in Victoria so it is a special place to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.