Wednesday, June 22, 2016

VSN & WOYWW 368

Hebrews 11:1  "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."



What a week -end!  I had so much fun making and posting cards on Splitcoast Stampers this week-end.  I love being challenged and love seeing what the other participants come up with.  There are sure a lot of creative card makers on Splitcoast Stampers, and I love that they share their creativity with the rest of us!

So here is the photo I promised of all the cards I made for the challenges:


And the bird one was sent before the group photo:

Love those Crazy Birds!  I colored him with Copics,
die cut him, and layered him on the woods EF piece.
Such an easy card, and the sentiment is great.









This is one of my favorites, because of the "Northern Lights" technique I used.
1. I die cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
2. I sponged with five colors from lightest first to darkest.
yellow, turquoise, green, purple, navy
3. I stamped a silhouette stamp (SU! Serene Silhouettes)  over all in black, and sponged the edges of the piece in black.
4. I dotted with a white gel pen!
To finished it off  I die cut another piece of colored  cardstock to back it and put it on a base that I had run through with (SU! Stars)  EF.  I put a sponged die cut sentiment on the card, too.

My directions for this card came from Melissa's Tutorial on SCS. 

Another favorite:
This was actually the card I made for my challenge which was to use a water technique and some gold.

I used the Vintage Water Color Tehnique, which I just love!
1. Stamp your image in distress inks.
2. Using an aqua painter and water color pencils, paint the
blend to fill in the image.
3. Oh, and make masks of your images, so you can mask
and stamp a bg script stamp over everything.
4. Do drops and splatters over all.
I finished it off with gold cord and a sentiment tag.
I have so much fun with this technique.  You should try it.
Here is Heather tutorial on Splitcoast.

Next week, I will tell you about the technique for the
background piece under the image panel.





Now a photo of my desk.  I thought I would show you all the goodies one of my Teapotters friends on Splitcoast Stampers sent me.  It is called a tickle!  I am so tickled and can't wait to use some of these die cuts.


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I appreciate the time you take to let me know you were here, too!  So glad our Julia posted this week! Wow! But we are still linking at LLJ's.  So head over there to see more deskers this week!  I am off to go over there myself.  Have a great week!


11 comments:

  1. Well, if that is a tickle, then I would love to be tickled too and I won't be ticklish.
    Lovely die cuts.
    I love your cards. They are <all so different. Well done you!
    I am going to look at Heather's tutorial that you linked. It looks like a very nice technique.
    Happy WOYWW,
    Greetings from sunny Spain,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that you did a group mug shot with all the cards together Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been having so much! Look at all those cards and different techniques you've tried lately. You are like a crafting machine. Color me jealous. Also, I love that wide selection of die cut outs you received. I'm off to suggest a die cut out exchange in my stamp group. PJ #49

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a creative and talented card crafter love them all, but I especially love the Northern Lights card! Thank you for sharing! :) Blessings, Felicia #40

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I love the one that looks like a waterfall technique. I hadn't thought to use it on a card! The Northern Lights one is beautiful.

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #37

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made such a lot of cards - they're all fab and so different! I also like the die cuts you were sent, you're going to have fun using them :-)
    Hugs, LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the 2 new techniques! I can't wait to try them. Love the distressed card.....oxoxox Donna #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tickle concept and the dies look great so do ALL the cards WOW. Looks like I can comment on your blog and am now wondering which WOYWWer I can't comment on???? Thanks for visiting me BJ#24

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely collection of cards Sharon. I noticed when I arrived that you are just building up your followers and I know how difficult that can be so I've joined them. Have a great belated WOYWW, Angela x 21

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great collection of cards - I think entering challenges is great for inspiration - I would need to do that to get me a bit better organised I think.
    Bernice #19

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cards - thank you for sharing your techniques & for stopping by my site,I am just finishing up my rounds from yesterday. blessings, donna #9

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.