Saturday, October 12, 2013

Butterflies Are Free

A few weeks ago on my WOYWW post I indicated a box  on my craft area that had butterflies in it.  My Blogger friend Brandy sent them  to me.  It included about 40 butterflies of different colors and different cuts. I thought I would show you today two more cards that I made with the butterflies.   I thought they were all so lovely and lacy, I just love using them on my cards. They made these cards easy! Thanks Brandy! :)

Submitted to QFTD184 & AOCC13 Challenges
    I needed this card unfortunately for a friend this week.   I used SU! Thoughts & Prayers set.  I used Spellbinders oval and lacy oval dies.  I made clouds by punching a scalloped circle and sponging around it, a trick I learned from one of SCS friends. :)  The cardstock is SU! Baja Breeze & Close to Cocoa, & Whisper White.   The ink is VersaFine Vintage Sepia, ( my favorite go to ink pad).  I sponged with Baja Breeze.  Then I  used pearls on one of the butterflies that Brandy so wonderfully cut and sent me! :)


Submitted  for QFTD182 & AOCC13 Challenges




I made this birthday card for a dear friend.  Just gave it to her this week.  I ran the white through with a EF, and layered on Tempting Turquoise.  I stamped it with sentiment from Elegant Greetings from SU!  I just happened to have ribbon that matched the butterflies! :)  Really, the four butterflies are the stars here!



I wish you all a great week-end!  Hope you get to craft some.  Thank you for stopping by and for your comments!
Hugs!

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely. The butterflies are pretty. You did a good job on those clouds. So sorry for your friends loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your card are very pretty Sharon! I also LOVE those butterflies that Brandy sent you...they compliment your creations perfectly! Very nice work my friend & TFS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are just beautiful! I really like the colors and the embossing folder on the second one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your friend's loss. I love making sympathy cards for their beauty and what they mean but the occasion, not so much.

    I love the idea of sponging around the edge of a scallop. Thanks for sharing that tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them.